[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was never allowed to have pets because of my mother's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

File: received_1176151945783012.jpg (58KB, 666x1184px) Image search: [Google]
received_1176151945783012.jpg
58KB, 666x1184px
I was never allowed to have pets because of my mother's allergies, so the moment I moved in with my boyfriend I got myself my dream dog: a border collie. He's about 5 months now, and he is the cutest little guy ever. He learned how to sit, and stay, and I can safely walk him without a leash now, but he can't seem to pee outside. As a puppy before his vaccines we trained him to pee on some mats we bought, and it was all okay. Recently he will pee in the living room away from his mat, which isn't cute at all. We've been trying to keep him outside to pee to save us the trouble, but I guess peeing on the mat is so ingrained that he will hold it FOR AN HOUR until he goes back inside. My boyfriend has been trying to help me out as his husky is very well trained but we can't get through to my baby! Any advise?
>>
>>2204727
Throw the mat away or put it outside
>>
>>2204727
>we trained him to pee on some mats we bought
this is where you fucked up. mats fuck up training; I don't know why they exist. now you're going to have to gradually move the mat outside.
>>
>>2204727
>I can safely walk him without a leash now,

Please, no. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you love them, keep them on a leash. My dogs can recall perfectly fine, but you never know if something more interesting than my voice is going to show up. Maybe on the other side of the street when a car is coming, or maybe 3 miles away they hear a dog howling. You never know.
>>
>>2204786
Please do not ever own dogs or feel you can give advice about dog training.
>>
>>2204789

You're adorable. How many pets have you had die that could have been avoided by simple safety precautions from yourself or (more importantly) others? None, huh? We can tell.

But I know, you're an expert. Let me guess, you have half a dozen degrees in animal related fields, volunteer 90 hours a week at shelters, and both your parents are the top pet vets in your state? 13 dogs, 11 cats, 4 iguanas, live on the farm, rescue animals in the antarctic when not breeding endangered species in africa? Yeah, you were in that thread earlier.
>>
File: 1409110238686.jpg (53KB, 946x599px) Image search: [Google]
1409110238686.jpg
53KB, 946x599px
>>2204786
>Maybe on the other side of the street when a car is coming, or maybe 3 miles away they hear a dog howling.

maybe you should've trained your dog better if that's distracting it.

>something more interesting than my voice is going to show up.

everything is more interesting than you though, you stale petty excuse for a human being.
>>
>>2204727
Now you learned why pee mats are fucking terrible. You're basically at a point where you have to re-train the dog to go outside. I'd suggest put the mat outside, but also reward for any pees and poops outside and ignore any and all messes inside, even if he does mess on a mat. Be patient, because your dog is going to be pretty confused about what is happening. Border collies are extremely smart, so just try to stay one step ahead. Speaking of, ask your breeder for advice on this, they probably had to deal with something similar with BCs before.
Also if your breeder gives you different/better advice, please post here. Dog accidents are like the #1 complaint I get.

>>2204789
Dogs are not perfect, especially a puppy. Puppies go through 'forgetful' stages, just as they do fearful stages. If you don't understand that, I don't think you should be giving advice. Don't be such a cunt because you let your dog off leash, and someone told someone else not to.
>>
File: 1450339638405.jpg (38KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1450339638405.jpg
38KB, 619x619px
>>2204804
> a 5 month old puppy is 100% perfect
oh wait
>it's bugguy
>>
>>2204804
Why are you so convinced that if you train a dog good enough, it will be a perfect obedient robot in all situations? Animals (even trained ones) are unpredictable and it's best to plan for the worst.
>>
File: 1404399561596.jpg (221KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
1404399561596.jpg
221KB, 600x439px
>>2204809
>his 5 month old puppy isn't perfect yet.

go hard or go home.
>>
File: 1445773106796.jpg (1MB, 3440x2036px)
1445773106796.jpg
1MB, 3440x2036px
>>2204811
Why are you so convinced that if you train a dog good enough, it won't be a perfect obedient robot in all situations?

are you reflecting your childhood on dog training? mommy tried her best best but it wasn't just a phase right?
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>2204811
I hope you realize all of bugguy is just here to bait. That's all he's ever done
>>
>>2204809
Again, please never own a dog.
>>
Well besides the arguing I've been getting some solid advice, so thank you. I did move the mat outside and he rewarded his first pee :D And he's trained to not go on the street. He'll sometimes stand on the edge of the sidewalk but never ever has he set foot on the street since training
>>
>>2204752
Mats are essential for training 8 week old puppoes. They literally have no bladder control.
>>
>>2204858
>there will never be an IQ test to own dogs
>>
>>2204860
Yeah shame there wasn't an IQ test for your mom
>>
>>2204884
Oh man sick burn. Did you learn that one from the 8th grade playground?
>>
>>2204857
Just because he's trained doesn't mean he's not still an animal. Animals can be unpredictable; always prepare for the worst. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>2204900
Please stop giving advice. You clearly cannot train dogs.
>>
>>2204886
No I learned it in Grade Six while I was vehemently ravaging your mother's asshole.
>>
>>2204939
You'll be sorry when your dog runs into the road and gets hit by a car. You're like one of those catfags that insists that leaving your cat outside unattended is a smart, safe thing to do.
>>
>>2204970
It won't because I know how to train dogs, unlike you.
>>
>>2204975
I've never had a dog get killed in the middle of the street. Partially because of training, but also because I choose not to put my pets in danger.

You putting your animal in danger just because you're so prideful about your "great training" really just means you don't give a shit about your pet.
>>
>>2204727
1. Get a job and stop being a mooch
2. Train it to pee outside
>>
>>2204858
>8 week old puppies literally have no bladder control
this is what a lazy fuck who can't be bothered to actually train their dog says.

OP should have immediately begun potty training when she got the puppy. a rough estimate for how long they can hold it is one hour for every month old they are. they should also be taken outside immediately to eliminate after eating, drinking, playing, and waking up from a nap. it isn't too difficult if you're vigilant and willing to wake up several times a night. unless you have a geriatric dog, pads should never be an option.

people who use puppy pads end up training their dog to piss in the house and either have to go through a long time of un-training and re-training, or they assume "well it should be housetrained by now, it's trying to mark its territory in my house/being an aggressive shit" and shrug their shoulders and then their houses smell like dog piss forever.
>>
>>2204815

You have never owned a dog. Or, at least, never trained one. No command works 100% of the time. Some dogs are better than others (particularly those that desire to please you with every inch of their being), but you will never have 100% success.

And that 1% rate of forgetfulness (more like 20%-80% under real world circumstances where you aren't holding a hot dog and distractions are nearby) could be the one time a car is coming. You're negligent to think otherwise.
>>
>>2204857

I have a dog that still to this day will pee while half on/half off the porch. He's a dumbass and doesn't realize his back feet aren't on the grass. I have to keep a hose and enzymatic cleaner out there.
>>
>>2204858

Oh, hell no. I'm not going to type out an epic response. Suffice to say my last dog went from 8 weeks to 8 months with less than 10 accidents in the house. The whole time. Once you've done it a few times, housebreaking becomes very, very easy. You just lose some sleep for a month or two.
>>
>>2204939

You should just stop talking. The stuff you're arguing against is pet-101 shit. Not even specific to dogs. It is stuff we learn when we're given our first pets at 8 years old. And you're fighting about it.

>>2204970
>You're like one of those catfags that insists that leaving your cat outside

That's pretty accurate.
>>
>>2204858
>Mats are essential for training 8 week old puppoes
What? No. Even if it were true that they have NO bladder control, why would you need puppy pads to train them?

Just take them out to a spot outside instead of a mat, and do it often enough that they don't have to do it indoors
>>
>>2205210
Anon, it's pretty clear he's been trolling. It isn't even good bait. Please stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>2204786
To add to this, leashing a dog is not just for his safety but for the safety and comfort of other people in a public place. Regardless of your training and confidence in the animal's temper, a loose dog can make many people very uncomfortable, even frightened.
It's really not appropriate to ever walk a dog off leash in a public place with other people around for that simple reason. If a person ever defends himself against your dog because he's afraid and your dog is off leash, that person has the law on his side, because a person matters more than property in the eyes of the law.
Furthermore, it doesn't matter how well you train a dog, how confident you are in his obedience, he is still an animal, and there is no guarantee that he will absolutely always respond in a predictable manner, and to think otherwise is to tempt fate.
>>
>>2205219
>>2205214
>>2205067

Okay boys im swtiching out pads tomorrow. Doing a regimen with no pads. Let's see how it goes.
>>
>>2205219

Also, my Uncle tells me to pad train from the start because she can't always go outside to potty in the dead middle of winter.
>>
>>2205401
be watchful and vigilant. take her out immediately after she eats/drinks, plays, or wakes up from a nap. since she's five months old, she should be able to hold it for five hours--but right now she feels she doesn't need to since your house is her bathroom and she can go whenever she wants.

if you don't have a crate--it sounds like you don't--get one. she won't pee where she sleeps/is confined unless she has a serious health problem. don't let her roam the house freely at night.

when you do find an accident in the house, if she's not around, just clean it up with enzymatic cleaner. she won't make the connection that you're angry about the mess if you yell at her.

if you find her in the process of peeing/pooping in the house, make a loud sudden noise like "UH OH!" or "AH!" and pick her up and move her outside. not an angry noise, just something to startle her. you might get piss on you in the process of moving her outside, but what's worse: pissy washable clothes or pissy house? if she's able to finish outside, great. if she's not, praise her for being outside anyway.

when she starts eliminating outside, go fucking wild with joy. throw a fucking puppy parade party. treats, lots of petting, lots of "good girl!" etc. while she's peeing/pooping, say your cue word ("go pee/hurry up/etc") so she begins to associate the word with the action.

>>2205406
why not? she's a dog, not a furless human baby. put on your pants and your boots, shovel a spot, and take the damn dog out. I live in Colorado. at one point we had five feet of snow piled up last winter in my town. don't train your dog to piss in the house, period. she will not make the differentiation between "bad weather" and "good weather" for pissing.
>>
>>2205406
Using pads=training your dog to pee in the house. My parents used pads for their three dogs and it took years to get them to stop pissing at every fucking corner in the house.
>>
>>2205210
I can't help that you're so much of a cuck that you can't even control a dog, bro.
>>
>>2205408
I'm not OP btw. My puppy is eight weeks old.
We have her in an enclosed perimeter with her crate. She sleeps in her crate. At night we set down a pad since no one can take her out at night.

Also, is it a good idea to stop serving water after her final bedtime snack? Wouldn't this minimize accidents?

>>2205409
Okay I hope I didn't do too much damage, I've only had her on pads for 3 days, don't know how the breeder did it.

I'm starting tomorrow, she'd already peed on her mat in the morning. So tonight after her final meal, I will remove the pads and stop serving water. (is it a good idea to stop serving water after her final potty outside?)
>>
>>2205441
>is it a good idea to stop serving water after her final potty outside?
yes. plan to wake up about two hours after you settle her down for bed, though.
>>
>>2205445
Yeah I usually put her to bed after her final potty around 9PM.

After gentle playtime, I send her to her area and I usually play vidya/watch movies during this time until 11-12pm. It's perfect time to take him out when he wakes up after her nap/sleep.
>>
>>2204727
I bet to you he's just nothing more than a paycheck you lazy cunt. He already had a dog. You didn't need to get one for yourself you gold digging cunt.
>>
>>2205463
Fuck off you misogynist dickweed.
>>
>>2205457
and two hours after that, too. since she's only 8 weeks, that's about her time limit.

mine was about 4.5 months before he was able to sleep entirely through the night without getting up.

this is just my personal experience, but he stopped waking up/crying to go out when he started sleeping with me. not sure if this was because he was finally "old enough" to sleep through the night, or because he was more at ease when he was next to me. probably a little of both. I only had him start sleeping with me because he was very sickly as a puppy and I spent most of his puppyhood nursing him back to health.
>>
>>2205467
Sorry I upset you feminist! But women like you who only use men for free rides should be hung or shot publicly :)
>>
>>2205467
Damn nigga he must have hit the nail on the head if you're this upset. Maybe don't use people and be independent?
>>
>>2205712
>>2205463
Why do you assume she's not pulling her weight in the relationship? She never said she doesn't have a job. Sounds like you're just upset that she is in a relationship. My guess is that you're morbidly obese and living in your mothers basement.

Besides, even if she is using him for his paycheck, in that case he is most likely just using her for sex. Men are just as shallow as women are.
>>
>>2205712
men wouldn't be used for free rides if they didn't fucking hand them out like candy lmao

this is literally: "FUCKING WOMEN ARE ALL WHORES"
>goes and pays a professional camwhore to suck her toes for him
>>
>>2205713
>>2205712

I'm not OP, retards.
>>
>>2205741
>he thinks the basement insults still holds water
Kek. I live with my girlfriend who also works. Unlike you who never wants to leave home. Feminist always resort to "'men only use women" when women are shown to be emotionally damaging to men by playing mind games and using sex. Check and mate.
>>
>>2205779
I work full time and support myself. you obviously are a fatass who can't get a woman, because you're pissed just because this lady said the word "boyfriend".
>>
>>2205779
Except there was nothing said by OP that indicated she is being emotionally damaging, or using him at all. You are just acting delusional because OP is in a relationship, which is something you can't have apparently.
>>
>>2205741
Dat projection
>>
>>2205780
Then why do I have a girlfriend and I'm the primary source of income? :-) sjw logic never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>2205779
Men and women both use each other. This is the foundation of relationships. And that's okay, so long as both parties are happy with the arrangement.
>>
>>2205788
>anon immediately calls OP a gold digging cunt
>someone responds saying they're retarded
>HOOOOOOHO PROJECTION! YOU'RE ACTUALLY THE REAL RETARD!
>>
>>2205784
See>>2205797
All deez nazis
>>
>>2205799
>gets called retarded
>uses the exact same insult
Nice
>>
>>2205797
I have a boyfriend and I am the primary source of income :-) he's 28 years old and never had a full time job. Check mate, MRAs.
>>
>>2205804
No one but you is any kind of activist :p
>>
>>2205797
I doubt you actually have a girlfriend. You threw a fit solely because OP mentioned she has a boyfriend. There are obviously some underlying issues here.

Go see a therapist.
>>
>>2205807
Nice I'll tell my girlfriend of 8 years that :D
>>
>>2205808
You mean your right hand? Good job
>>
>>2205809
No silly my real life girlfriend. Derp!
>>
>>2205804
He's living a better life than you
>>
>>2205812
Yep. Less stressful and almost a free ride. You sjw seem to forget you're on 4chan
>>
>>2205812
Except when he gets his ass dumped and can't even take care of himself.
>>
>>2205819
Besides the fact men are survivors where women will fail because they aren't built for it lmao you're a silly dilly
>>
>>2204727

As much as it sucks to have to care- keep track of what he's eating and drinking at all times. It will give you are rough idea of his poop/pee potential at any given time.

Watch for warning signs (sniffing, sitting near the door, etc.)

CRATES... you crate it in a smallish crate, then take it immediately outside after a reasonable amt of time. This is a good night-time thing that works really well for getting them to go outside. (Getting a dog comfortable with a crate is a whole other subject if there's a problem with that.) Extra points for making the crate look ridiculous.

Do whatever you can to catch them in the act inside and yell at them immediately when they do it. Move the crap and pee outside into the yard, and thoroughly clean inside accidents... part of their deal is smell-based.

You should yell at them if they ever do the deed inside, even if on a mat. And catch them in the act. They won't really understand if you're hours late. The mat thing just teaches them it's probably OK to pee on mats and carpets.
>>
>>2205824
Weren't built for it, yet they do it every day. You're retarded.
>>
>>2204727
Crate train.

No mats indoors.

Take him outside first thing in the morning, after he eats, and every 3 hours or so and praise the fuck out of him when he goes.
>>
>>2205828
They do not. A women set free it to the wild will die quicker than a man xD you are so DUMB especially since you're with someone you don't love
>>
>>2205829
No crates. Crates are for people who keep dogs as decorations and not pets because they're too lazy to train.
>>
>>2205830
Lol, if someone "set you into the wild" you'd break down and cry like a baby. I also never said that I was in a relationship. And no one here ever said they were in a relationship with someone they don't love. Why are you so retarded? What kind of third world shit country do you live in?
>>
>>2205834
See>>2205804
Hehe my parents raised me to hunt, trap, survive in the wild, and to survive on my own unlike you and OP lmaooooooo
>>
>>2205831
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>2205834
Not him but only in 3rd world America is it looked down upon to live at home.
>>
>>2205837
...you do know that "Anonymous" is more than one person, right?
>>
>>2205843
Sorry I'll be the better person and leave while I'm ahead.
>>
File: image.png (325KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
325KB, 1242x2208px
>>2205837
Here you go retard. Also, you're probably 200 pounds too heavy to survive outside.
>>
>>2205850
Not him but nice insult. Shows your low IQ. Can't think of anything original?
>>
pls be in london
>>
>>2205859
>Not him

Prove it. Who else is going to jump in on this pointless argument?
>>
>>2205831
You mean crates are for people that want to provide their dog with their OWN little part of the house to claim so they don't have to claim our shit....
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.