[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /an/ I currently own 2 leopard geckos, a crested gecko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

Hello /an/
I currently own 2 leopard geckos, a crested gecko and a white's tree frog

it's not enough
it's never enough

I have a 60x48x40 wood & screen enclosure, it's currently empty
Three sides screen, front glass and top screen
What can I put inside it?

Help me sate my hunger for new reptiles

no chameleons

Pic related, my crestie being a diva
>>
Have you thought about getting a chameleon?
>>
>>2204625

All of that screen is going to be an issue both for heat and humidity retention. If you replace the screen with glass or clear acrylic you could do a small snake like a kenyan sand boa, rosy boa, or male children's python.
>>
File: rosy16.jpg.cf.jpg (59KB, 533x399px) Image search: [Google]
rosy16.jpg.cf.jpg
59KB, 533x399px
>>2204625
Bearded dragon or tegu or euromastyx
.>>2204637
Sand boas are cool but a happy sand boa is an invisible sand boa.
Rosy boas are the best reptile ever.
>>
aren't they a little too big for that enclosure?
>>
>>2204631
I once got one from a local pet store and he had a pulmonary infection because he was kept inside a glass terrarium and him dying kind of scarred me, him being my first reptile and all
>>
sneks r ugly, get a young leach.
>>
guys, what about Anolis equestris?
>>
>>2204661
>Choosing first herp
>Chameleon
>>
>>2204667
I was young and stupid, no need to remind me that I've done wrong
The setup was perfect, at least
>>
>>2204670
Oh don't worry, though I've been in your shoes. PLENTY OF TIMES.
>Be 12 looking for my first and only herp
>Leopard Gecko
>Died in a few weeks
>Countless reasons why he could've died
>To many for me to count
>Stuck with fish ever since

>Keep several oversized fish in undersized tanks
>I've never had a green thumb for aquarium plants
>Play with hamster
>Slip and Fall
>Hand SMASHES hamster
>I've never felt the same.

Just a few of many mistakes. We all have to learn
>>
>>2204625

Why buy when you can breed? Get that crested gecko and tree frog together. Post pics.
>>
>>2204677
YOU JUST REDEEMED ME AHAHAH I LOVE YOU

AND I AM REALLY SORRY

BUT HAPPY TOO???
>>
>>2204792
Okay, so this is the male tree frog about to fuck the male crestie senselessly
>>
>>2204796
forgot pic
>>
Anyway, seriously guy, what about Anolis equestris

Nothing ever died on me after the chameleon and all of my current herps and the fucking smug tree frog are perfectly healthy
>>
File: 1467370723783.jpg (536KB, 2000x2081px)
1467370723783.jpg
536KB, 2000x2081px
>>2204796
>>2204797

lollercoaster. Here, this is a crested gecko that is roughly 36 hours old having it's first shed. It's about 2 inches long.
>>
>>2204802
cute geck mate
>>
File: 1463658760742.jpg (763KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1463658760742.jpg
763KB, 2656x1494px
>>2204807

I like how his nose is so blunt. You can really tell the age.

I would go for a baby turtle, maybe an eastern hermann's. They're pretty easy going, easy to handle, easy to care for, just plain easy.

I have 2 adult geckos, 2 baby geckos (4 eggs pending), 1 gopher snake, and 1 emerald tree boa. That was AFTER I downsized because I was feeling overwhelmed from having too many reptiles. Pic is one of my bros that I donated to a children's museum.
>>
>>2204817
you had a chlamydosaurus!
Here they're impossible to find but I would love to have one once I get to live on my own
I think I'll do fine with 2 leopard geckos, a crestie, a tree frog and an anole
I doubt I would get anything else at the moment though
>>
File: 1451408626091.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px)
1451408626091.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>2204822

Yeah, she was really cool. She was always up in the air, just staring out of the glass. You could sense her intelligence. It's completely different than a gecko. You see a lot of behaviors that remind you of larger animals, like watching you go through the room, turning their heads to get a better view, tossing salad out of their bowl to get to the dubias, she even watched TV through the glass ... just a really entertaining pet to have. Very lively and energetic. I regret letting her go.

She actually wasn't that expensive. I got her for $300 from the local reptile shop. I hear they were really common after the first Jurassic Park movie (1992 or something?) so they bolstered their numbers quite a bit.

I don't really have any pictures of her going full-frill because that was sort of something to avoid. Heh. I mean, not dangerous, it is just deliberately stressing them out and pissing them off to get them to do it. This is the best I have.
>>
File: 1458171862518.jpg (2MB, 3840x2574px)
1458171862518.jpg
2MB, 3840x2574px
>>2204848

Ah, no, found one.
>>
>>2204855

Nice!
>>
>>2204855
She's majestic, I would love to have one
>>
Still waiting to understand if I can get the damn Anolis equestris
>>
Okay guys I'm getting that Anolis
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.