[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am allergic to my puppy! My eyes itch and are watery 24/7.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: allergic.jpg (5KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
allergic.jpg
5KB, 297x170px
I am allergic to my puppy! My eyes itch and are watery 24/7.
What are my options? I love my puppy to death, I couldn't imagine giving him up.
>>
Antihistamins?
>>
>>2203772
Every day for the next 10-15 years of my dog's life? Is that even healthy?
>>
>>2203776
A lot of people do that. If you can't give him up you don't have a lot of options.
>>
Remove the dog, or remove your eyes
>>
You already know your options. Fuck off, we're not going to comfort you.
>>
Antihistamines, eye drops. It won't get better, exposure only increases allergies. Also don't rub your fucking eyes.
>>
>>2203875
I don't think that's always true. I've known people who were allergic. Watery puffy eyes, tight throat,s not everywhere, tears, etc with cats and dogs. My older brother, friend and gf personally. Sure it was miserable but they have no issue now. They all now own cats and dogs themselves and my gf is now a groomer. I got the same shit with rabbits and was terrified of being allergic. It was fairly mild and lasted a good three weeks.

They still get fucked up in the spring with pollen though.

OP chug those antihistamines. Vacuum very often, clean sheets, dust, sweep, etc. I do think allergies can change and exposure works for some but by no means do I think it could work for everyone.
>>
>>2203890
I think it's the difference of a allergic reaction versus an irritant. If your exposed to something new it might react and take awhile to become used to it, and it could be easily confused for an allergy, but the cure is the same fucking thing
>>
>>2203890
you can only get an allergy through exposure in the first place?
I'm horrifically allergic to guinea pigs, like inhaler at the ready the second they come close. If I hold one (I used to work in a pet shop. Smart I know) my arm will come up in bumps. I'll start getting hives on my chest. If it could be cured by exposure, 5 years in a pet shop would have done it. Instead I walked away with a rat allergy too :^)
>>
Allergy shots? See if your PCP can refer you to an allergist. Getting your dog professionally groomed can also help, they'll brush out all the dead fur and dander so it doesn't have the chance to fall out in the house.
>>
>>2203851
Except a whole bunch of people repliesld with various options and advice. So, yeah, go be a dick somewhere else.
>>
>>2203893
Is that? Then maybe that's what I had with rabbits. It was an irritant. The three people I mentioned, it was MUCH longer term than me. I also never got hives, raised skin from scratches, and never needed an epipen so I'm curious what makes an animal allergy as opposed to an 'irritant' because theirs seemed pretty severe.
>>
I found out I was really allergic to cats while playing with my aunt's litter of kittens when I was 12. I had to go to the er the next day because I couldn't breathe. If it doesn't bother your breathing, I say hang in there and get a prescription for a 24hr antihistamine.
>>
>>2203776
It's perfectly fine. Plenty of people do it.

Other things you can/should do is to brush him every day, look at some kind of anti-dandruff / specifically for allergy wash to use regularly, and invest in a good air filter to keep any stray hairs and dandruff out of the air.

People are usually allergic to pt dandruff, not the hair itself, but the hair will carry dandruff.
>>
>>2203776
Well, I've been doing it at least that long.
>>
>>2204078
You don't get used to true allergies, but if it's just an irritant you can. It's just being exposed to something new (animal proteins)and your body reacting poorly, your body just needs awhile to figure out how to counter the new shit it's getting exposed to. So you took a short amount of time to get used to rabbits.

That being said you shouldn't assume it's just an irritant to everyone. Err on the side of caution, because case worse someone could die from a real allergic reaction. Suffocating is a terrifying way to go
>>
Learn to wash your hands often. I had the same problem with cats but as long as I wash my hands afterwards I'm ok. The problem is when you pet the animal and then itch your eyes which gets whatever it is into your eyes.
>>
>>2204224
BTW, I'm "allergic to cats".
Mother has a Russian blue- beautiful shorthair cat.
When I go to visit her, if I pet the cat and touch my face without washing my hands I'll be miserable for 10 hours.

I have a Maine coon. Massive longhair cat. My cat can sleep on my pillow and it doesn't phase me. Had her for 5 years now.

All depends on the breed- dogs are them same.
>>
>>2205007
In my experience I'm allergic to both short and long haired cats. It's a bronchial spasm and a trip to the doctor either way if it's more than 48 hours.
>>
>>2205020
It's not about the length of the fur. Most people are allergic to a specific protein in their saliva- some individuals/breeds produce less of that protein.
>>
Kys
>>
>>2204044
>take antihistamines
>get rid of dog

OP already knows both options, but he's complaining about the drugs not being good for his health, and waaaaah he loves pupper so much. This is an asspat thread.
>>
>>2203776
I'm 20 and have been taking 5-10mg dose of genII antihistamines daily since I was 4 or younger.
My body may be falling apart, but it'a not because of Zyrtec
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.