[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I found one of these outside my work with some of its tail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: green cheek conure.jpg (17KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
green cheek conure.jpg
17KB, 236x330px
So I found one of these outside my work with some of its tail feathers gone. I put a thing on Craigslist for "found bird", got an old dog cage out and put a blanket over it and lights off since it's night time and it's kinda stressed out.

The thing is, it won't stop crying. I've talked to it, whistled, etc. But it won't fucking shut up. It keeps chirping and chirping. Wat do?
>>
>>2202646
have you given it water? maybe some fruit and seeds? I don't know how well it'll do in a dog crate, it may need a perch of some sort to be able to sleep. I hope you can find the owner anon, if not what do you plan on doing with it?
>>
jam a broomstick or etc through the holes in the cage all the way through to act like a perch.
>>
File: HTB1xbhLHXXXXXcgXXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg (74KB, 735x703px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1xbhLHXXXXXcgXXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg
74KB, 735x703px
>>2202646

> food and water
> some yummy snacks like apples/banana (not too much)

> a perch to sit on (sticks)
> a pouch it can hide in

If you don't want to buy >pic related
you can use an old hoodie or small towel + binder clips
>>
>>2202658
>have you given it water? maybe some fruit and seeds?
Yep

>I don't know how well it'll do in a dog crate, it may need a perch of some sort to be able to sleep.
It's got bars, I found some good size sticks and put em through it, it seems to like them

>I hope you can find the owner anon, if not what do you plan on doing with it?
Keep it for a few weeks and if I don't find the owner, sell it. I never wanted a parrot in the first place because I know they require a lot of attention which I can't give.

It's calmed down though, but it keeps chirping now and then and gets louder when I leave the room and stop letting it know I'm there.
>>
>>2202666

Make a pouch (out of old hoodie)

or at least leave a soft cloth or something so it can have somewhere warm and comfortable to hide.

Also, how do you just find a green cheek "outside"? those things sell for $300+ from a breeder or even petco
>>
>>2202669
>how do you just find a green cheek "outside"?
Happens all the time, someone just forgets to close a window or door.
>>
>>2202666
If it's upset because you're not there, maybe put the TV or radio on low?
>>
>>2202669
It was drinking from a puddle of water and crawled up to my shoulder when I stuck my hand under it.
Its wings aren't clipped so I'm guessing the door was open and it flew away.
>>
>>2202666
good plan OP, make sure it gets to a good home if you sell it. Maybe you should put some posters up around the area where you found it?
>>2202669
My mothers goffin cockatoo has escaped countless times, usually because he escapes his outdoor cage or because someone left the door open when he was out of his cage. Luckily he always comes back when he figures out how to get down. Sometimes people can't handle the responsibility so they just let them go somewhere outside.
>>
>>2202673
Ehh I have a fan, would that work?
>>2202676
I'll try it out.
>>
>>2202680
Well the fan seems to be working.

Thanks for the help /an/ons
>>
>>2202646
>put a blanket over it and lights off since it's night time and it's kinda stressed ou

is that when it started crying out? maybe remove the blanket so it can see and won't be so frightened
>>
>>2202774
You need the blanket over at night. It's to stop birds getting 'night frights'. They can break blood feathers if they get these which is pretty serious.

That being said, a night light nearby might help, OP. And make sure the cage is elevated, like on a desk or something, it'll make the bird more comfortable.
>>
op thank you for taking care of this bird.
>>
>>2202669
DeM trips tho
>>
How is the bird OP?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.