[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat shits on the floor near the litter box, how can I convince

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: cat willy.jpg (44KB, 537x700px) Image search: [Google]
cat willy.jpg
44KB, 537x700px
My cat shits on the floor near the litter box, how can I convince him to shit inside the litter box instead? Sometimes he does it correctly but about half the time he just shits on the floor.

Picture not my cat
>>
Buy a larger litterbox
>>
>>2201073
Thanks I might try this. My mom wants to have the cat put down because of his actions.
>>
>>2201075
jesus killing something because it shits next to the littler box instead of inside it?
>>
>>2201363
i mean the cat does seem like a pretty big retard so i don't blame her
>>
>>2201363
She did it to our last cat when the cat peed upstairs a few times
>>
File: 1461520240813.jpg (126KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1461520240813.jpg
126KB, 444x460px
>>2201370
there's only one thing left to do anon: vengeance. justice for the innocent blood spilt. this can't happen again. there is no other way.
>>
Try another type of litter or get a bigger box. There's obviously something your cat doesn't like about their box. Cats don't do stuff out of spite.
>>
>>2201370
your mum is retarded. i hope it's not genetic
>>
>>2201851
>Cats don't do stuff out of spite.
My cat threw a fit because I took a rubber band away from him. He settled down when I gave it back after a few hours.
>>
I doubt this is the case but is the cat old? Sometimes they get stupid with age kinda like people. I had a cat who towards the end of her life would put her front paws in the box and then shit because she thought she was in it completely.
>>
>>2201075
Your mom is fucking insane. Kill the bitch, for the sake of everybody who is not her. Hope she gets her life ruined for animal abuse and necks her fat ass
>>
File: 1409720939348.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1409720939348.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>>2202592
>mfw my at used to be a good girl and shit in the litter box but now she's basically senile and goes in the fucking bathtub instead

SHE STILL PISSES IN THE BOX THOUGH, I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
>>
Did he used to shit in the box allt he time? sometimes cats start pissing/shitting outside the litterbox because something changed. or it could be a health issue, so you might want to consider going to the vet for a checkup.
>>
>>2201070
Give him a few hard kicks each time he shits outside the box.
Give him a nice treat, mackerel or something when he shits inside the box.
Problem solved.
>>
>>2202594
Are you a clinton supporter by any chance?
>>
>>2201070
shit on the cat every time he does it
>>
>>2201070
Make sure the litter box is super clean.
Some cats are sensitive that way.
>>
>>2202971
If you can't keep a perfectly clean litterbox, try having multiple around the house. That way there's always a clean one to go to.
>>
>>2201070
Keep the litterbox clean. Check it a bit more often than you do right now. If it's just an open box you might want to consider enclosed littlerbox with a door. This way cat would have to get inside it rather than near it. It'd be the obvious I'm IN and I'm OUT sign for your catto.
>>
>>2201851
even well trained cats shit and piss outside the litter box all the time.
>>
>>2201070
My cat started shitting outside the box. Took her to the vet and she had IBD.
>>
File: teenage-abortion[1].jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
teenage-abortion[1].jpg
24KB, 360x270px
>>2202960
Don't you have that backwards? Liberals are the ones that want to kill things when they become inconvenient.
>>
>>2203268
Mine took a dump in a window garden box I brought inside for a few days. I don't really blame her since when I first got her the litter box was a cardboard box filled with garden soil, though.

I did end up grabbing a huge turd because I didn't notice it, though :(
>>
My cousin's cats take a shit on the bathroom floor. Is that even fucking sanitary?
>>
>>2201851
Yes they do. They totally do.
>>
Im also curious about this. I have a cat that is has paranoia, but over this past year hes gotten worse, but he literally shits right by the fucking litterbox, and he used to be very good about it. what do?
>>
>>2203273
>yfw if a pregnant woman could transfer her fetus to the man to carry, there'd be abortion clinics on every corner, with free snacks and movies to watch during
>>
Is your cat old? If so, try getting a litter box with open sides or lower walls. Your cat could have Arthritis, or other joint/muscle pain that makes it difficult to get over things.
>>
>>2201070
You're lucky OP, my cat started shitting in the living room carpet on the other side of the house from the litter box. I have no idea how to stop this. He still pisses in the box, so he knows how to use it.
>>
>>2204737
Get another litter box and put it where he's shitting.
>>
>>2204762
I can't because it's carpet and he has a habit of sticking his end outside the box and getting piss on the floor. We already had to pay for all new carpeting at the last place.
>>
>>2201070
The real problem is you probably have not really cleaned the area where he shits. If he smells traces of it he will continue shitting there. You may want a second litterbox.

>>2202959
Don't do this.
>>
>>2201070
Your cat looks like a penis
>>
My first cat was a shelter cat and was the best cat ever. She threw up a couple times a week, no big deal. But about 2 years ago she started peeing all over the back room where the 5 litter boxes were (I have 2 cats)

so.. I put a tarp down, no big deal. Then cat starts peeing outside of litter box, pooping outside litter box, i deal with it

Today however I decided that I'd put her down as she was 13 and none of this seemed to be getting better no matter what I tried.. and I tried a lot of things.

She was totally healthy aside from these litterbox issues but I couldn't live like that anymore.

I was going to take the cat an hour south and shoot her. I knew I couldn't take her to a shelter.. all shelters will kill cats and no one is going to adopt a 13 year old cat. I'm not going to let my cat rot in a cage for an undetermined amount of time in hopes someone adopts her or the shelter doesn't kill her first.

So I decided to call a vet today and had my dad pick her up in the carrier and take her.

I have been super upset all day but just broke down because I realized why I'm most sad... I am pretty sure no one will ever love me and that I'll die alone one day. It terrifies me.

And what did I do? I sent my dad to basically drop my cat off, so she could die.. alone. All because I was too big of a pussy to hold her hand through to the end.

The reason I'm writing this is that.. when the time comes.. make sure you try to tough it out and be with your pet until the end. I'll regret not going with her until the day I die.
>>
>>2201070
just smack it. works every time. are you some kind of hippie or something?
>>
>>2207423
Shit nigga, you took a life due to piss and shit. If your parents had the same line of thought, you wouldn't have made it past 5. Imagine putting up with a kid that shits and pisses and vomits on his bed, clothes and everywhere for FIVE ENTIRE YEARS, maybe even more.

When your parents become old and senile will you take them south and shoot them? I hope you do, you deranged fucker. I hope you do.
>>
>>2207423
13 years isn't that old. She could have had another decade ahead of her with someone else.
>>
Cats go beside the litterbox because

>it is dirty
>or the floor smells like shit and piss so it can tell both apart
>or you got them declawed
>or you got more than one cat

The answers to each are:

>clean it
>clean it
>kill yourself
>clean it more often or get another litterbox and put it where it's going
>>
>>2207433
Also:
>the cat has issues pooping or peeing and associates the box with pain
>the area is too high traffic and it makes the cat nervous
>the box is covered and it makes the cat uncomfortable
>>
>>2207431
work through the steps of finding someone to take her

work through the steps of what could happen if the person who takes her then no longer wants her

it was a tough decision to make but i think i made the best one
>>
>>2207441
It was completely selfish. Sounds like you didn't want to go through the hassle of rehoming her.
>>
>>2207427
Are you aware that cats are smug fuckers and if you hit them some will go out of their way to get back to you?
Some would shit on your belongings, or on you as you sleep, or in multiple places.

It's not about being a hippie, it's about the message. Cats don't hit each other for pissing on the wrong place, they remove the smell on the spot by pissing on top of it. You're not a cat so any surface cleaner will do.
>>
>>2207446
>Are you aware that cats are smug fuckers
Yes, that's why you have to smack them harder the next time.

>gf's new cat wakes me up at 4am so naturally I smack her
>next night she tried kneading my chest
>in one swift motion catapult her across the room and she hits the wall
>gf wakes up
>"what was that?"
>"fuck knows, mittens jumped off the shelf"
since that i sleep in peace

It's a game of chicken with them. You can't let them win.
>>
>>2207456
Lel, I pity you anon. Your parents probably didn't hold you enough as a child. I don't give a fuck what you do to cats but I laughed irl at the thought that someone could be this retarded.
>>
>>2207470
It ain't retarded if it works ;)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.