[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister gave me a pit bull puppy. How do I train her? Any tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: pitbull-puppies10[1].jpg (51KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull-puppies10[1].jpg
51KB, 736x490px
My sister gave me a pit bull puppy. How do I train her? Any tips on taking care of her? I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help.
>>
There as been too many 'help my dog lol' threads that at this point - hire a trainer. Just skip all the shit, and go straight into a professional and enjoy your dog.
>>
>>2200030
Start by taking it to the bathtub, filling it up, and then putting the dog's face in it and holding it there.
Then you can feel good about yourself knowing you rid the world of another worthless monster
>>
>>2200030
Do you even know if the puppy comes from a reputable breeder? If so you are off to a good start. Now you have to really worry about training it. I really hope you don't have any kids though.
>>
File: ruff.jpg (776KB, 1306x977px) Image search: [Google]
ruff.jpg
776KB, 1306x977px
I've had my pitbull Brutus since she was a puppy and didn't really know what I was doing either, OP. Just relax, do some research, and be kind, patient, and consistent.

Pitbulls are great dogs, and I'm sure you'll be a great owner. Pic related, Brutus when she was a few months old.
>>
>>2200030
Just do your research, OP and realize that most people are shit at taking care of dogs, so don't see other people do something and assume it's okay, look it up.
>>
YouTube videos about puppies are pretty good
>>
>>2200076
That's not a pit bull.
>>
>>2200129
If it doesn't have pedigree papers and it's called a pit bull on it's vaccines, as far as the law is concerned it's legally a pit bull. The more you know
>>
>>2200076
He definitely has the eyes of a killer, that one.
>>
>>2200076
Always shitting up the threads with your "pit bull"

You're almost as insufferable as a tripfag. Almost
>>
>>2200030
Pitbulls are prone to dog aggression (not human aggression) so get your pup into a socialization class with other puppies. Socialization is extremely important. Start clicker training early too.

Start thinking about sports like running, weight pull, etc. Pits are very athletic.
>>
>>2200340
Sad but true. My cousin's pitbull loves everyone he meets, but he can't fucking stand other dogs
>>
>>2200340
As someone with a pitbull cross, keeping them active keeps them happy. They have tremendous amounts of endurance and are incredibly tenacious. You just got yourself a prime running bro, OP. You also also bike with him as well. Also, invest in a flirt pole. They were practically made for pitbulls, and are an awesome way to exercise your dog. You can also find many ultra-strong tug toys that you can attach to a tree. Lastly, weighted vests are really great too.

I would focus on positive training. Pits are fucking stubborn bastards, and also tend not to be bright. Combine that with how tenacious they are, and bad things happen. They are notorious for choking themselves unconscious on choke chains, and really hurting themselves on prong collars. Use punishment in the form of a strong, firm "no" to teach him his boundaries, but avoid things like chains, prong collars, to teach good leash walking. Your pit will respond better to positive reinforcement, so use punishment sparingly.
>>
>>2200030
>murderdogs
>>
>>2200058
wew that was edgy as fug m8
>>
>>2200030
Whack it with a rolled up newspaper or magazine or whatever if she does something wrong. I don't understand people who think that's animal abuse. It's like spanking a child or starving a PoW.
>>
Is it weird to be adverse to your dog being called a "Pit Bull"? I always call mine a "Staffy mix" because no one has any clue what a "Pit Bull" breed actually is. I'm sick of hearing morons talk about their "Bully" dogs or "mini Pit Bulls".

>>2200038

Anyone can have a pet so /an/ attracts a lot of newbies who don't know how to go to the library and find dog books.
>>
>>2200557
This will make your dog reactive and aggressive. Fucking awful idea.
>>
>>2200569
As the earlier poster who had a staffie mix, I am the same. I actually refer to him as a lab mix on anything official, and when asked his breed, I usually say he is lab with some kind of hound (typicall basset).
>>
>>2200333
The term is avatarfag.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.