[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/, I'm living in central europe where your average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ayy lmao.jpg (74KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
74KB, 1152x2048px
Hi /an/,

I'm living in central europe where your average spider is like 1 cm in diameter. I just saw pick related in my room.

What on earth is it and do I burn my house down?
>>
>>2198600
First of all, you should know that the odds of it being lethally venomous are almost null, so relax.

Second, your country would help in identification. If you don't feel comfortable telling, look up an online spider identification guide with your country as an input.
>>
>>2198605
The Netherlands. Had visits from people from Malta and the UK recently.
>>
That's a Brown Recluse.

You better burn your house down.
>>
>>2198610
It is not a brown recluse; it has hairs on the legs and the brown recluse is endemic to the continental United States.

>>2198600
It would help if you could give a clearer picture of the spider. How big is it? What patterns does it bear? How many eyes?
>>
>>2198616
I just took care of him/her/it. Don't think I'll be able to get you a clear picture now

It was like 10ish cm's big.
>>
>>2198616
That sounds like something a Brown Recluse would say.
>>
>>2198619
You killed it? That's respectable. I was on the verge of IDing it; you could have appreciated the remnants of the European fauna which has been so brutally winnowed by practices exactly like your own. Hope you feel good.
>>
>>2198622
I'm sorry, but I'm not used to anything larger then a European Garden Spider. This thing looked straight outta Australia or some foreign land. Basic human instinct took over and decided that murder was a valid solution to be applied to unknown entities.
>>
>>2198600
male Eratigena atrica
completely harmless

My gf scares her friends with these pretty often, she has never been bitten by doing so
I think they are too weak to penetrate human skin, like most spiders in central/northern europe

gj on killing it, the poor guy was only looking for a female
>>
>>2198625
I'll give it a proper burial and I'll be nicer if I run into one of them again. Thanks anon.
>>
>>2198624
did you honestly never see one before?
you must be nearly blind then
>>
>>2198627
Never.

20/20 eyesight. Just live in a city and always have/had a cat or dogs. This thing was atleast 5 times bigger then the biggest spider I've ever seen in the wild.
>>
>>2198625
They can puncture skin but you have to be trying really fucking hard to get bitten by one. They're really skittish.

>>2198627
99% of "what is this spider holy fuck I've never seen anything like it before" threads on /an/ are Agelenids. I don't know what most people's general idea of spiders is if they look weird to them.
>>
File: IMG_20160823_135956.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160823_135956.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
I found this animal yesterday, what is it?
>>
>>2198698
Looks like an East Cunninghamshire Dove-Tailed Salmon.
>>
>>2198698
Obviously a brown recluse.
>>
>>2198698
Uglyisa Fugly
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.