[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What youtube dog trainer do you use the most when training your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: img_04531.jpg (581KB, 1024x755px) Image search: [Google]
img_04531.jpg
581KB, 1024x755px
What youtube dog trainer do you use the most when training your puppy? Who is the best one and who are ones that should be avoided?
I've been watching Zak George for a while and really like his stuff, I also own his book which is very helpful. But I want to know who are some other good ones to check out.
>>
https://youtu.be/P1jMtHm9QWc
>>
>>2198139
He advocates punishing dogs and correcting them, I'm not about that life.
Dogs, especially puppies don't know what they're doing when they do something wrong
>>
>>2198212

I think his successful business speaks for itself.
>>
>>2198444
Nice trips faggot

Caesar Milan is easily the most successful dog trainer today and he used choke collars, pulls the leash... in short is an asshole.

Lots of very authoritative trainers don't support techniques which punish bad behavior, not only morally, but as a matter of efficient obedience training.

Rewarding gold behavior has been shown to be more effective than penalizing, sometimes cruelly, bad behavior. Keep being an animal-abuse-advocating asshole though.

Not OP by the way
>>
>>2198461
>gold behavior

Good behavior, fucking autocorrect
>>
>>2198461

I have never hit my dog, the only correction I use is a sharp click of my fingers.

The increase in dog attacks is rising with the trend of "positive only" training... coincidence? Its exactly the same as parents who dont discipline and wonder why their kids are fuckwits.
>>
>>2198472
Show me any proof of this and don't use pit bull statistics.

Pro tip: you can't, and pit bulls are violent by nature
>>
>>2198472
>>2198590
What this guy said. You know what they say about extraordinary claims...

I appreciate that you don't abuse your dog, but your traditionalism has no objective pragmatic advantage. It doesn't produce happier dogs, and certainly not happier people, as has been well attested.

There is a reason countries which rank low on cultural maps like Inglehart-Welzel are consistently doing miserably in most every metric of development and well-being.
>>
>>2198590
>pit bulls violent in nature
>there's an anon with a chocolate Lab that was mislabeled as a pitbull by his local humane society.

Dumbass all dogs are naturally violent, they're all descendants of wolves and other wild dogs.
>>
They all own collies, a complete idiot could train a well exercised collie
>>
>>2198607
>doesn't know that dogs have selectively been breed for thousands of years to be happy, people pleasing domestic animals
>still believes the "dominant", "alpha" bullshit
>thinks he has to use harmful training and discipline on an innocent animal that doesn't know any better because "hurr durr it's like a wolf"
Go jerk off to Cesar Millan and put choke collars on your dogs already. It's what you want to do.
>>
File: image.png (6KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 244x206px
>>2198615
Amen, based anon. We need more people like you in this world
>>
>>2198472
>Coincidence?
Actually yes. Correlation is not causation. It is common knowledge that all this gloom and doom in the world is do to the ability to better send and receive information. Even if there are more dog attacks in the world, which I bet there isn't, it's due to more of them being reported, and the fact that you can find all of them. 20 years ago, I would almost never hear about a dog attack because more interesting things were going on so the news rarely reported it, and if one was reported, it was fatal and it was local. Before the internet was wide spread, I'm thinking the only was to even find out about dog attacks is if there was media coverage of it, and if it was in my library's newspaper archive. Now I hear about non fatal attacks in fucking Louisiana and New York, and can find out about dog attacks across the world.

If You wanted to actually find the reason behind dog attacks, you need to find better connections, not something that just happens to fit. Positive dog training has been around for ages, I have dog training books from 1954, and there's no reason to believe the owners of the attacking dog were strictly positive trainers. Instead of making this big of an assumption, look at the owners themselves. What research that has been done on dog attacks shows things like the dogs were often outdoor dogs, the dogs were unfixed, or there was poor ownership. Of course this doesn't mean the outdoors makes a dog aggressive, that's where correlation=/=causation happens. We can take an educated guess and say outdoor dogs tend to be less socialized and people like to use outdoor dogs as gaurd dogs, both of which make an attack that much more likely.

And that's my correlation and causation lesson for the day
>>
>>2198590
Pit bull statistics by dogsbite are biased as fuck, the ad revenue and all other money people put in that site for donations goes to Denver CO which makes a ton of money of their BSL and could make so much more if other towns get fear mongered enough to adopt BSL. Basically they get to fine anyone with a short hair, medium to extra large size dog with a thick head. Who would have guessed that the government could spread biased information for their own gain!

Of all the dog bites recorded, only 18% could actually identify the breed. 20 different breeds made up the 18%, and there wasn't any huge margin of one breed being more responsible for the majority of the attacks than the other. The vast majority were called pit bulls for better news coverage. After the police started to crack down on dog fighting rings and trying to get the public aware about how awful dog fighting is (dog fighting is a field day of drugs and gambling so cops like to crack down on them) the media began to switch from rotties and dobbies to pit bulls to ride the coat tails of dog fighting. It's true that APBT are prone to dog aggression, but they are not stranger aggressive. Now I can't say for your average shitty BYB mutt, but Staffies and APBTs aren't prone to people aggression.

To add to that, breed has shown to not have a big factor in dog bites, and that neglect, abuse, lack of training, lack of socialization, there not being an able body adult present, and no one to observe the child with the dog.
>>
>>2198642
Also, you gotta look at what breeds are responsible for these common dog attacks. It's almost universally pit bulls, and who likes to own pit bulls and use them for status and looks? Niggers.
And niggers definitely don't use positive training with their dogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States
>ctl f
>"pit bull"
>603 results
>>
>>2198658
See>>2198660

And now kindly please shut the fuck up, ignorant retard.
>>
>>2198660
Did you even read the link that you posted?
>>
>>2198682
Yes, and looking at the most recent years, it's mostly all pits who are doing the fatal attacks.
>>
>>2198615
I'm not even the same anon you schizophrenic fuck. Besides small dogs bite more people than pit bulls but no one bothers reporting them.
>>
>>2198664
I don't believe you understood or read my post. Media will call a dog a pit bull when it isn't. An anon here has a chocolate lab that was labled as a pit bull. Pit bull makes up over 60 breeds and their mixes. So yeah, pit bull will make up the most dog attacks because it isn't one breed, it is a plethora of breeds. Which I had already had to say once, please don't make me have to say it a third time.

>>2198702
Again ignored my post.

I don't know why I even bother, no one here is smart enough to read anything besides the comic sans on a Facebook photo
>>
>>2198615
>bashing cesar millan

but he's right and saved more dogs than you.
>>
>shit bull fags on damage control
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.