[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people typically handle the situation of leaving behind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
How do people typically handle the situation of leaving behind your family dogs when you leave home? I'm in college now and while I still see them whenever I go home, I don't feel ready to set off on my own life let alone seperate from my best buddies. What about when they grow old and you're not sure when their time is coming?
>>
ask to take dog with you when you move out
>>
>>2197298
A lot of college students are living in dorms or apartments that don't allow pets. Even if they did, they don't have adequate room for them.
Also many freshmen (and up) have busy or unpredictable schedules due to school which of course do not mesh well with a dog's constant and unrelenting need to eat and go outside.
>>
I don't know. I'm nearly 19 and just staying home until my two pets croak. I have a 16 year old cat, and a 10 year old dog who had lymphoma and it's only a matter of time before it's back, while saving money to leave. How old are your pets? Do you need to get out of your house right away?
>>
>>2197330
Well no, I'm a sophomore, but my dogs are only like 2.
>>
>>2197379
>sophomore, but my dogs are only like 2.
>sophomore in college
>three years, then out of college

let's tack on another year for you to find a good job. they'll only be 6 years old then. unless they're giant breeds, they'll have a long-ass time left. what's stopping you from taking them with you?
>>
>>2197395
Well they're the family dogs, not mine, and I couldn't take them from my parents. I'm more wondering what other people usually do, and how they handle it when the dog's lifespan is almost up.
>>
propbally the hardest thing about moving out is missing your pets, you just have to visit them as much as you can I guess
>>
>>2197244
>Implying I'm ever going to leave.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.