[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an infestation of these tiny bugs in my pantry. Does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bugs.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
I have an infestation of these tiny bugs in my pantry. Does anyone know what they are? They're mostly in flour/sugar/meal.
>>
flour beetles.

throw everything out, wipe everything down, put everything in airtight containers. they're pretty harmless but really hard to get rid of.
>>
>>2195949
I've already started throwing everything out. Is there any kind of bug spray I should get or just use hot water and disinfectant?
>>
>>2195950
Just hot water and disinfectant. They'll go away when they run out of food, unfortunately you'll have to throw away anything that isn't airtight.
>>
>>2195948
While I'm sure they've been breeding and moving between stuff for a while at this point (if they're in everything), it's worth noting that a lot of dry goods contain insect eggs, so even in an unopened package they can hatch under the right conditions. Jiffy mixes are particularly bad, but apparently most flour and baking mixes can have them. I freeze everything for 72 hours before putting it in my pantry.
>>
File: amarrrr.jpg (10KB, 230x207px) Image search: [Google]
amarrrr.jpg
10KB, 230x207px
>>2195950
>Using pesticides in your pantry
>>
>>2196259
Well, there's natural bug sprays and the pantry is completely empty. I wasn't sure if just hot water would be enough and figured there might be something I could use and let it air out for a few days.
>>
one time i ate a bunch of crabs and realized after eating that i had flour beetles in my can of old bay that i'd shook over the crabs

haven't eaten crab since

>>2196266
natural bug sprays are almost universally shit
>>
>>2196278
I had flour beetles get into my boxes of pasta.
>cook a bunch of chicken, make stock
>use most of it, decide to use the last of it to make a nice batch of chicken noodle soup
>when it's time to add noodles, grab a box of noodles off the shelf, toss it in
>don't notice anything untoward
>soup is done, ladle a bowl for myself
>start eating
>the fuck is that
>fucking flour beetle larvae floating in soup
>mfw

I first got them when I lived above a bakery that was infested with them. they got into flour, pasta, anything else with wheat, rice, and potato flakes. for some reason they wouldn't touch corn meal or corn flour. they also seem to love the glue on cardboard boxes, so you might want to go through any boxes you have around the house.

fucking gross little shits. I'm still mad about that soup.
>>
>>2195948
Weavles, throw out everything and use bug spray on any left in there then clean everything with some antobacterial spray. Keep everything in air tight containers from now on.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.