[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, Dude with the 13 yo GSD here. Figured I'd update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey anons,

Dude with the 13 yo GSD here. Figured I'd update you. I'll keep it short and sweet, basically the surgeon recommended I do either total hip replacement or an FHO. He quoted my a $4800 for the replacement and $1850 for the FHO. Not sure which exactly I want to get done at this point. He told me that if I want to get the total hip replacement done I should do it within the next month otherwise complications are going to start to rise due the the dislocated femoral head grinding away bone from the hip socket.

I'm honestly unsure which to do, FHO is more affordable as I'm just a college student(for the next 8 months at least)... But it'd be nice to give her back total mobility in the hip. On the other hand I don't NEED her to be a working class dog who can run all day, her main function is going to be companion/guard(but not attack) dog.

Help me /an/, you're my only hope.
>>
>>2195457

I cant hang around, but I am curious: could you maybe give more detail as to the payment structures available to you?

I dont have a knowledge base or familiarity with the issue to give qualified answers to your problem. All I could do address the logistics based on the information and layman context you can provide.

For example, I was about to ask if you could do one now and the other later. But I dont know enough about the actual medical issues to know if thats even a rational question.

So, I default to asking if you can get the replacement on a comfortable payment plan. Im sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but its the only thing I can ask in hopes of helping develop a resolution.

I'll check back later. And thank you for taking good care of your friend either way.
>>
>>2195457
Seems pretty obvious to me:

Go the cheaper route. Dog is 13 years old. Give her some mobility back and call it a day. 5k is a fucking lot of money to invest in a 13 year old dog
>>
>>2195457
>Go the cheaper route. Dog is 13 years old. Give her some mobility back and call it a day. 5k is a fucking lot of money to invest in a 13 year old dog
Sorry, 13 month old
>>2195491
>could you maybe give more detail as to the payment structures available to you?
Pretty much Care Credit or getting an increase on the limit of my current credit card. While I am just a college student who works part time I am lucky enough to not have any debt due to scholarships and such. I also live at home so I have no room and board expenses. With Care Credit I really need to get into contact with them to see what the monthly would costs come out to, they don't make it very clear(on purpose, no doubt).
>>
>>2195491
>For example, I was about to ask if you could do one now and the other later.
They're pretty much mutually exclusive surgeries. And FHO you typically have to do both sides where as with THR you only need to do one side
>>
>>2195538
Care credit, I believe, will be interest free for at least the first 6 months if you can manage to pay it off before then. With such a high total it might be more. I only had to use it for an $700 paw stitch up/spay and that was 2 years ago. I just remember that if it was $200+ I had the 6 months.

Honestly, if you can swing it I would go for the hip replacement. Not being able to exercise the way she wants to can't be good for her. I have a gsd/dobie and I'm pretty sure she hated me half of the time for not letting her run during the 6+ months it took for her paw to heal.
>>
>>2196449
Yeah for now I'm going to try to just up the limit on my regular card, care credit seems like they try to dick you around a lot
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.