[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is keeping fisch in a tank torture? You can never tender to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 300l-aquarium-51bc42fa5e41c.jpg (218KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
300l-aquarium-51bc42fa5e41c.jpg
218KB, 1600x1200px
Is keeping fisch in a tank torture? You can never tender to the fish needs fully in such a small place, compared to their natural habitat
>>
>>2194936
I don't think so simply because a lot of pet fish swim in small groups and don't move much in the ocean. The most they do is move to an area to eat and then swim around in circles anyway.
>>
>>2194950
Ocean or whatever water they're found in.
>>
>>2194936
Depends on the fish. Not all fish swim that far or NEED to swim that far. Also consider most fish we keep have been bred to be kept in tanks.
Consider pond fish or fish that live in somewhat broken up marshes like betta fish. Some fish keep relatively small territories so they're fine as well.
>>
>free food
>free protection
>pollution free water
>stable water
best "torture" ive ever heard of
>>
i was just wondering. i read a peta aricle about how horrible aquariums are.
but then again, it's peta.

the argued against the methods used to capture wild fish, that can't be bred in captivity, e.g. using cyanide or explosives to break coralls
>>
>>2195000
You can avoid that via just buying captive bred from private breeders. If there's a species thats wild caught, don't buy it, if you have moral qualms about it. You can only vote with your wallet here.

That being said, many wild caught specimen can contribute to a conservation effort, if its a species thats becoming rarer and no more wild caughts are needed when people figure out how to breed them, like yellow and blue tangs.

If it wasnt for the pet trade for example, axolotls would be extinct due to loss of habitat.
>>
>>2194996
this

>>2194936
unless you keep huge fish in small tanks I can see why
>>
>>2195103
>unless you keep huge fish in small tanks I can see why

Hate this shit. The local library has this fishtank that's about 100 gallons and has way too many 3-4 inch cichlids stuffed into it. They're always fighting one another and I usually see one or two that have died at the bottom of the tank. Can't be a comfortable way to live.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.