[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>squirrels keep taking pieces of fried chicken from trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: B338B6UIMAA4YQ7.jpg orig.jpg (98KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B338B6UIMAA4YQ7.jpg orig.jpg
98KB, 768x1024px
>squirrels keep taking pieces of fried chicken from trash cans in the neighborhood
>drop them from the tree in my yard
>have to keep chasing my beagle around the yard and forcefully taking them from her mouth so I don't have to pay for a vet visit
What the hell do I even do about this? They're not mine, I don't know whose trash they're coming from, and I can't do a sweep of my hard every time I let my dog out 10 times a day. Is there any sort of mesh/chicken wire I can put under the tree's branches that won't disrupt/endanger wildlife?
>>
Why would you need to pay for a vet visit if your dog is eating chicken bones?
>>
>>2194491
They can choke on them, they can perforate the dog's insides. All kinds of whacky shit can happen to a dog if they eat cooked bones, specially tiny chicken bones.

What if you made some sort of tray on the trunks of the trees to catch them in, OP?
>>
>>2194497
I was thinking of doing something similar to a suicide barrier under all the branches, but I don't want birds and stuff to get hurt on it. Tought I'd ask around first in case maybe someone's doing something similar before. The pieces of chicken/bones always fall in a roughly 5 foot radius around the trunk of the tree, and the tree is maybe 30 feet tall at most. It only happens every month or so, so just when I think the problem is gone it happens again.
>>
>>2194485
Keep your dog inside (good time to find a good dog park for daily visits).

Start leaving poisoned fried chicken in the trash cans, but make sure nobody spots you doing this. Shouldn't be hard because in the very unlikely event that someone asks you why you are throwing trash in a trash can, you have the perfect excuse - you're putting trash in a trash can.
>>
File: plastic_stock_water_troughs.jpg (6KB, 280x193px) Image search: [Google]
plastic_stock_water_troughs.jpg
6KB, 280x193px
>>2194500
What if you bought some wood and put a semi-circle around it, or perhaps something like pic related?

>>2194512
Could poison other things that eat the chicken.
>>
Train your dog to only take food from you, or its bowl, that way it won't eat any bullshit it finds outside.
>>
>>2194524
>Could poison other things that eat the chicken.

Like what? If you keep your dog indoors for the week or so that you do this, the only things that are going to be eating the poisoned chicken will be things you don't want around. Squirrels, shitty cats that neighbors let run wild, rats.
>>
>>2194547
Never had a beagle before, have you?
>>
mosquito net draped around the trunk of tree maybe? that's a tight weave so no animals should get stuck in it.
>>
>>2194555
Nice trips.

And we don't know where OP lives, but most likely other people's dogs and cats at the very least.

Regardless of whether they're a pest or not doesn't change the fact that OP might get in trouble for it or it might cause problems.

It's a big risk to go through, the work isn't worth it when he could do something easier and more legal and it probably won't even keep squirrels away, just kill some squirrels and probably have the chicken people realize someone put poison in there if they see three dead squirrels in their bin.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.