[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love animals, but I have OCD and I get impulses to abuse animals.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1459542827301.jpg (186KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459542827301.jpg
186KB, 800x640px
I love animals, but I have OCD and I get impulses to abuse animals. It fucking sucks. Anyone have the same problem?
>>
>>2192275
i have something similar but it usually manifests with people. im so sorry, bro. i hope you can work it out.
>>
>>2192275
Just get a cat, they aren't important.
>>
>>2192275
Can you go into more detail? As for me in know I'm extremely nitpicky when it comes to certain things. I've been trying to train the family cat (whom I never even wanted to begin with) to not jump on the table or up by my electronics for about two years now, without success.

So yeah after a long days work when the cat keeps jumping up by the TV or sitting on my ps4 I'm really not in the mood and usually have to restrain myself from smacking it. The worst part is its so fucking dumb and happy that it has no idea the grief it causes me.
>>
That isnt OCD, you're literally a psychopath
>>
>>2192353
>doesn't know all the ways ocd can manifest
>doesn't know what psychopath means
>>
>>2192357
>what psychopath means
Isn't "pychopath" just an entirely unscientific umbrella term for several personality disorders, which is being shilled by popular psychologists and self help authors?
>>
I have OCD and I have thoughts/impulses about hurting and raping people. I can't say I've ever had any intrusive thoughts about hurting animals though. It's important to remember that these are not thoughts you consciously thought. Even people without mental illnesses have intrusive thoughts sometimes, like looking over a bridge and thinking "I could jump over it" or looking at their pet and thinking "I could snap their neck and no one could stop me" of course part of OCD is that the thoughts happen often and can become overwhelming. YOU are in control and just because you think of something does not mean you are going to randomly snap and hurt an animal

>>2192353
Intrusive thoughts are a completely normal and typical symptom of OCD. Wikipedia defines psychopathy as
"a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits." which literally has nothing to do with what OP is suffering from
>>
>>2192353
>>2192375
>Mentally ill people trying to justify they're insane behavior
>>
>>2192359

no, it refers to a very specific set of characteristics and there are people with ocd who have obsessive thoughts about negative things like hurting other people and animals without meeting the criteria for a psychopath
>>
>>2192279
This
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 253x199px
One solution is to not hurt the animals you currently own, but to buy an additional pet for the sole purpose of using as a "stress relief pillow" that you can release your abusive impulses into. Ideally you'd keep this pet somewhere soundproof where its shrieks wouldn't be heard by others, like a room in your basement. It'd also have to be tied up. As to what kind of pet this would be? Most of us here would recommend a pit bull.
>>
>>2192275
go to infintychan, visit /fluffy/
enjoy your pets while releasing your aggression on fictional shitrats
>>
>>2192444
Despite your trips, that's not how OCD works. He doesn't need stress relief, he has this impulse with all his pets. All his pets would have to be pit bulls.
>>
Doesn't everyone have those thoughts? Like if someone's near the edge you imagine pushing them off it. Could be a small defensive measure we have to protect ourselves from any possible harm.
>>
File: wut.jpg (134KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
134KB, 512x384px
>>2192275
You probably just need to be exposed to pets slowly and in a controlled environment.

Ive heard similar stories about mothers with post natal depression, they get the impulse to throw bebe down stairs whenever their going down stairs. Which is hilarious, but poor bebe. They dont actually do it, but they have the impulse all the same. Like i said you need to slowly introduce yourselft to pets to build up those good mental associations in your psychology, then one day you'll simply forget all about hurting them.

I'd suggest getting a stuffed toy and roleplaying petting it. Then going to a pet store, then petting a pet at a pet sanctuary, then you might have an improvment so you can think about getting a real pet.
>>
>>2192480
I have intrusive thoughts as well

Its pretty distressing
>>
Everyone has intrusive thoughts bro. The OCD isn't making you have intrusive thoughts, it's giving you anxiety about whether you think you actually want to carry out the intrusive thoughts.

Protip: The fact that you're asking the question means you don't want to follow through on them.
>>
Purely obsessional OCD sucks, but people with it don't act on the intrusive thoughts. You just worry that you're a bad person for having the thought. It's a terrible disorder to have.
>>
I have a mood disorder where I can get very sad or angry. I don't hurt my animals, but when I feel like I'm going to lose myself, or something might happen where I might get pissed, I'll stick in my room and lock the cat our, or put him out in his catio so he can have a grand old time while I'm smashing shit. I never felt like hurting the cat, but he doesn't help the mood and I'm worried I might throw something that could hit him or something. In all seriousness OP should see a therapist though, OCD isn't fun

>>2192296
It's hard to train a family animal, because while you are training it not to jump on tables, if even one person ignores the cat or encourages the cat when it jumps up, that fucks all of your work.

>>2192480
No, you're just insane
>>
>>2192275
Nah.

I once bullied a dog a bit as a kid. I mean very small shit like making it excited with a treat, but not giving it to him. It was my grandfather's dog and his hyperactivity annoyed me. But he never really hurt anyone.

I still think back at it and feel like shit desu.
>>
>>2192379
>mentally ill people talking about their illness
ftfy
>>
Yeah, sometimes i just want to tie all the eagles of the world together with a rope, then beat them up, set them on fire and throw them of a cliff
>>
Jesus fucking christ, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a chronic disease that manifests in ritualistic behavior that is nearly impossible (or at the least very, very difficult) to break away from. Hence the whole fucking "Obsessive-Compulsive" part. If you have an anxiety attack if you don't do something because the concept of not doing it causes genuine distress to you, -that- is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. If you "Have a sudden urge" to do something, and it's not ritualistic or habitual and doesn't involve an anxiety attack if you don't follow through with it, it's not Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

Unless OP has a therapist and a doctor that can verify that he has OCD, he's just a dumbass. Hence why he's posting on a Tibetan carpet admiration imageboard about it. OP, if there's something wrong with you, seek medical and therapeutic aid.
>>
>>2192275
i wouldn't blame it on ocd but like others have said i get those intrusive thoughts too. its very normal. what would be abnormal is if you acted on them or didnt question them.

i get the thoughts of hurting my own pets that i love with all my heart. it is really hard to deal with. my advice is to just imagine it as vividly as possible and let it pass. trying to ignore it seems to make it last longer. if you just go "eh, i wonder if, it's just a passing thought" and dont treat it like its the worst its like tricking your brain out of bullying you.

i also think about hurting my friends and family and myself too its not really unusual.
>>
>>2192444
cats or like you said, pitbulls, they are the worst animals in the world
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.