[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, is it animal cruelty to torture insects? For instance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1469671265430.gif (655KB, 460x426px) Image search: [Google]
1469671265430.gif
655KB, 460x426px
Guys, is it animal cruelty to torture insects? For instance, if a little bug was annoying me, and I scooped it into and empty water bottle, screwed the lid on, and sat down and watched it walk around looking for a way out, could I get in trouble? Hypothetically.
>>
>>2191449
No. It's a hobby to stick pins through their abdomens and keep their carcass behind glass. Most people don't give a shit about insects.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 914x1091px
The bastards deserve it anyways

>hurr I'm just gonna buzz around the fucking giant nothing can go wrong
>>
No, even film makers can kill actual insects in movies without repercussion.
>>
Legally no. Morally yes, because part of you feels the animal suffering
>>
>>2191449
No. It's morally fucked up to seek it out for fun, but no one really cares about bugs.
>>
Yea
>>
>>2191456
this

>bzzz
>bzzzz
>flies closer to ear
>BZZZZZ
>>
>>2192085
No mods allowed
>>
I'm gonna say yes, it probably is.
Nobody cares, but well, they're animals, it's cruel, so technically, yeah.
>>
>>2191449
Kind of.
Insects aren't very complex, breed by the thousands, and some even have a lifespan of a mere 48 hours, they don't have the capacity to think or bond as a dog or cat would, if they even think at all.

Yes it is morally wrong if you enjoy the torture aspect above all else, but if you just want to watch a cockroach crawl across a mason jar, it's perfectly fine.
>>
Spiders could be smarter than expected. But most bugs are plain retarded.
>>
>>2191463
no they can't
>>
>>2193881
Also depends on the bug, probably.
>>
To Jains, yeah.

to the rest of the world no
>>
File: 1470705406667.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1470705406667.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>>2193898
Imagine, a bunch of teeny tiny retarded people just flying around naked and making dumb noises.
>>
>>2194221
Killing and torturing are two completely different things.

I have observed a bee I caught in glass. I don't think that is "torture", even though some part of me probably got some satisfaction out of having such power over it. I do let the bugs outside but sometimes I have forgotten about it and the bug died imprisoned. Oh well if there is hell, that's where we all got to go.
>>
File: 0324-020[1].jpg (424KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0324-020[1].jpg
424KB, 1280x1600px
>>2194257
cool
>>
File: 1367677222875.jpg (28KB, 460x633px) Image search: [Google]
1367677222875.jpg
28KB, 460x633px
>>2191449

Its cruel if you are needlessly depriving a creature of comfort, safety or life, especially for amusement.

I have nothing to offer on legal definitions, Im just sharing my view of a basic definition of the concept.

They are living things, often no more complicated than perpetual biology. As witless and insensate as they are, I take humility in knowing that I cannot create them, and that I appear the same to other creatures (even other humans). To an angry bear, I am just an annoying sack of meat that needs removed.

What I ask myself is, even if a bug is little more than a witless biological robot, what would it prefer? Even if that preference is a product of mindless reflexes.

Here's how I see it. We all want the same thing. More time in peace from the world that will eventually kill us. A little more time in the sun, a little more shade too. Another meal to keep hunger away, a little peace and safety to sleep. And just maybe, maybe- a peer to share company with so we dont feel like we're in this alone.

An old saying says 'even a worm turns' meaning even the lowest creatures make decisions about what they want and dont want. Creatures who dont technically interpret pain the way we do, or have any concept of life at all.

They still decide what they want, if only at a chemical reflex level. And thats enough for me. They can 'turn', they have a preference.

So if they are no threat to me its not a matter of food, I want them all to have as much time in the sun just enjoying the peace they can. Because none of us are here much longer.

Be blessed.
>>
>>2194264
>sometimes I have forgotten about it and the bug died imprisoned
The exact same thing would happen if you allowed them to keep roaming your home. Sure, there are some arthropods that can make a decent living indoors(spiders, pseudoscrions, silverfish, roaches etc.), but for most of them, your home is a giant death trap.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.