[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green cheek conure or a cockatiel(a pair?), /an/? I had a cockatiel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (59KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
59KB, 607x1080px
Green cheek conure or a cockatiel(a pair?), /an/?

I had a cockatiel for about 17 years growing up but other than her just chilling on me whistling to me and kisses, conures seem more interactive. I would say Quaker parrots would be an option but sometimes I move around in places where its illegal and I wouldn't want to lose it. I also have experience with cockatoos and small macaws(not mine, just bird sitting) but I want a silly bird friend as much as I think larger parrots look neat but my requirements are being playful/interactive and unbearably loud forever like cockatoos are.
>>
>>2185994
Conurs are loud, cockatiels are perfection in bird form
>>
>>2185994

Conures are massively fucking expensive. Around 500$ to a thousand dollars.

Get a Cockatiel, they're only 100$-150$.
>>
>>2186023
>>2186032
I know sun conures are loud(my cousins is oddly not but I assume he is just a minority). Ive known a lot of green cheeks and they don't seem too loud. They were little darlings. Maybe I should specifiy that I don't mind noise. I've been around a lot of birds. Noise is fine but what you would get from a cockatoo, large macaw, etc all the time is not. My own cockatiel was very noisy since she picked up the neighbors dog barking, but it wasn't 'neighbors down the street complaining loud'.

I don't mean to be difficult but I really do have to commit to what I get since I plan to have it for their life expectancy. Price is also not an issue to me at all, be it the bird or accessories. Both are cheap to me if not just for their lifespans alone.
I only owned the one cockatiel and haven't known many, as opposed to conures but are they just as silly and playful as conures?
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 640x836px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 640x836px
i'm not a fan of cockatiels, but my green cheek is great... she's not really loud, she can be, but my uncle has a cockatiel and had another, and they were both way louder more frequently than she is... my 2 male budgies are noisier than her too, most of the sounds she makes are clicks, clucks, and purrs

she's playful, and affectionate too... her biggest issue is that she can be stubborn and her nippy phase as a baby sucked but didn't last long...

my uncle's cockatiels were both one person birds too, whereas gypsy will sit with and preen people the second she meets them... she's extremely friendly, but she's also really bonded to my s/o and i...

she does need more interaction than a cockatiel seems to though, so if that's an issue for you a cockatiel would be better (i'd just get budgies in that case though honestly... they can be playful, and they're more entertaining)

i have a lot more free time than most people so my situation is kinda perfect for a bird... chronic health issues so i'm home a lot and well she goes out too...
>>
>>2185994

Don't limit yourself, there are so many types of small parrots out there. Why does /an/ always stop at the same few breeds?
>>
>>2186032
>Conures cost 500$
>cockatiels 100-150$

Wow what the fuck are they so expensive in america?

Here in greece conures cost 150 euros and cockatiels cost 30 to 50 euros.
>>
>>2188038
Depends where you get them, my petco has them for about $60, but the LPS has them for over $100, but they are hand tamed.
>>
Conures are fucking dickheads. My sis has a conure and its an aggressive POS. It literally doesn't care about anyone other than my sis.
>>
>>2188055

my conure will go right up to new people preen their hair, sit on their shoulders, and kiss them (she also likes to sit on/lay on people's heads if they get pass out drunk or something)... she loves my s/o and i more than other people, but she's friendly to everyone... it really depends on how you socialize them... she's been around a lot of people since she was a baby and has been taken outside and shit so she likes anyone who pays attention to her...

also if you don't discourage mate shit then they can be assholes too...
>>
i'd probably maul a small child for my green cheek conure. cutest son of a bitch there is and he loves cuddles/rubbies/wrestling. I just leave him out of his cage and he flies to me whenever he feels like it. he also poots when i poke his bird fillets
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.