[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cat proof my balcony? I want my cat to be able to sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 20160801_120903.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160801_120903.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
How do I cat proof my balcony? I want my cat to be able to sun outside like she enjoys doing on my folks' screen enclosed porch but my balcony is wide open and zoning laws prevent me from tinkering. Can I put some sort of cage apparatus where I open the sliding glass door but she can't squeeze between the pillars or jump out?
>>
I'm on the second floor and my cat doesn't jump down, it's too far and he knows it. Even if you put something between the pillars she could just jump onto the railing. If you want to cat proof it you would have to cage it in floor to ceiling with chicken wire or something.

Just closely monitor her on the balcony, maybe with a harness if you think she'll jump.

If that's a pic of your balcony I'd be wary of her climbing down the tree though.
>>
File: socks looking up.jpg (29KB, 681x511px) Image search: [Google]
socks looking up.jpg
29KB, 681x511px
>>2181206
I'm on the first floor too, and the complex kind of sits on a hill, built into it in a way that my balcony really five feet off the ground. What kind of wire can I use? As silly as it sounds, it has to be "nice", or not shitty looking since likely the association would bitch.

My cat was a former stray who lived outside around a property and wouldn't wander far at all, but I don't want to chance it since she's become an exclusively indoor cat with some screen enclosed hang out time.
>>
>>2181190
You can buy a cat tent
>>
>>2181213
Any kind of screening will look bad imo. Maybe just measure out some leash and have her in a harness. Make it so it's too short to properly reach the edge.
>>
couple broom handles, few hooks widiow screen

keep rolled up and tucked away when not in use
unroll and hang, throw cat out, chill
>>
File: hooks.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hooks.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>2181785
>>
>>2181787
>>2181785
How would I attach the screen to the broomsticks? And can't she jump over it? I'm looking for a solution like this though, perhaps something sturdier and foldable?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.