[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here have potbelly pigs? im thinking about getting a couple.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: potbellypigs.jpg (58KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
potbellypigs.jpg
58KB, 600x400px
anyone here have potbelly pigs?
im thinking about getting a couple.

so tell me all you know about potbelly pigs, please.
>>
My cousin has one.

You need to make sure that you get one from a good breeder, not some yahoo on Craigslist. Otherwise you will end up with a 200+ lb monster in your house.
Pigs are clean and easy to house train. They learn to do tricks and come when called. They are dog-level smart and affectionate.
MAKE SURE YOU DONT OVERFEED THEM! that is very detrimental to their health, and they get fat easily.
The best home for a pig includes a fenced yard s/he can graze in all day (yes they eat a lot of grass, yes they can get fat from that); and a nice place to snuggle with his/her family in the house at the end of the day.

They need as much attention, affection and training as a dog, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>2180857
so if i leave them in the fenced in yard while im at work, do you think they would be ok? then they could hang out with me in the house
when i get home.
>>
>>2180862
People might try and steal it so I'd make sure it's secured (pigs can tear through a lot of things and they are strong) and out of sight from the road.

They also dont like to be picked up. They also do what they want, when the want. They are very smart and yeah can learn tricks but if they don't want to listen(which is often) then they won't. This is why you really, really have to make sure they don't get bored because even the smallest of pigs can be monsters. Pigs are naturally foragers too so yeah they will easily destroy doors, carpets and cabinets. You didn't specify 'micro pigs' which are 99% a scam but even pot bellies easily get 200lbs.

I've personally known two people who had pigs through the years and they phased them out. They can be good pets but they are really more 'outside' ones and seem much happier spending most of their time outdoors. In general if they are appealing to you just because it's a 'unique' pet that is commonly boasted as basically being a dog, just get a dog. Also if you want multiple ones be prepared for them to give even less of shit about you.
>>
A relative of mine has two of them and watching her and them, I've learned these things:

- pigs are far more fragile health-wise than I thought they would be, prone to problems especially if stressed or fed wrong.

- pigs' personalities can change radically once they reach sexual puberty and two pigs who've gotten along as piglets may become each others' worst enemies who need completely separate enclosures lest they beat each other up.

- sows who are in heat can be nightmare creatures that constantly make jumpscare screams and try to murder you at any given chance.

- with their smarts, ruthlessness, weight, strength, speed, and tusks, pigs are frightening escape artists.

They pack a lot of personality, though.
>>
>>2180887
>sexual puberty

Yeah, I meant "sexual maturity".
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.