[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veganism doesn't end at humans. Our intelligence gives us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: P1010844 (768x1024).jpg (402KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
P1010844 (768x1024).jpg
402KB, 768x1024px
Veganism doesn't end at humans. Our intelligence gives us the ability to help all animals become vegan, starting with the animals we hold dearest: our pets.
>>
File: tumblrfag.jpg (52KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrfag.jpg
52KB, 630x630px
>>
Not been on /an/ for fucking ages, do people still reply to these shitty threads?
>>
>>2180804
>.au

Do Australians really have so much contempt for other creatures that they'd go so far as to shitpost cats now?
>>
>>2180831
>Clinically tested
>Scientifically evaluated
>Complete and balanced
>Endorsed by veterinarians and animal rights organizations
You should be praising the ingenuity of the Australian mind. What's not to love about this?
>>
>>2180828
It's 4chan, it just takes longer over here.
>>
I know this is probably a bait thread but it makes me rage all the same.

You can not, under any circumstances, take an obligate carnivore or facultative carnivore and expect it to thrive. In fact, such an act is animal cruelty at its basest level.

If you want a herbivorous pet, get a rabbit, chinchilla, or guinea pig.

Do not force human ideals onto an animal not physically equipped to deal with it.
>>
File: 8d0.gif (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.gif
12KB, 500x500px
>>2181018
I totally agree....also, this post is bait
>>
>>2181018
Hey man, it worked for Pandas. Now finally all of our pets can become obese, lazy, sexless louses who eat 18 hours a day. Truly a morally perfect world.
>>
>>2181058
I'm reasonably certain that most bears were omnivorous to begin with, with the exception of polar bears and panda bears, which are carnivores and herbivores respectively. Their teeth say it all: bears have underdeveloped carnassial teeth and flat molars used for chewing plant matter.

Cats and dogs lack these traits, unlike the panda bear. And the thing is, no matter how much selective breeding you do, cats and dogs aren't going to develop the dentition or gastrointestinal tract required to digest plant material effectively overnight.

Not even pandas have it completely sorted. They have to eat vast quantities -- and consequently shit vast amounts -- to sustain themselves.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (13KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
13KB, 300x199px
>>2181067
Pandas are actually in the same famlily as raccoons. They shouldn't be labeled "bears" at all, just left over from early descriptions. I think most publications have been just calling them "Giant pandas" and leaving out the bear part for awhile now.
Here's a red panda.
>>
>>2180804
Veganism in humans exists because that's what we are at our basest natural form you stupid fuck.

Carnivores must eat meat because they were designed as such to eat, it is not a choice for them.

That is a gift only given to humans, to act on a higher nature or to give into our lesser natures. As much as you love your animals, and all animals; don't compare them to humans. They have needs different than you or I, to deny them these needs is to be an animal yourself.

Don't be a shithead who gives actual vegans like myself a bad name with your bullshit agenda. Be happy you made a choice for yourself, don't force one on ones who can't.
>>
>>2181842
Are we talking about red pandas or giant pandas. Because I'll accept the relation of red panda to raccoon, but giant pandas are still a member of the ursidae family last I checked.
>>
>>2181851
look at our short intestinal tracts, we are clearly omnivores and need animal based proteins as a part of our diets.
The Homo sapiens sapiens was never a true herbivore, so what are you talking about?

Are you talking about the earliest of our ancestors? Tailed pre-primates like Dryomomys? Because even these fuckers ate insects and plants.
And if we're talking about a specific, vegetarian ancestor, please tell me which species you exactly mean.

Also, you can't compare a species to it't early ancestors.
It's not gonna work

if your post was b8, then gr8 b8 m8, you made me reply

>Be happy you made a choice for yourself, don't force one on ones who can't.
I have nothing against vegans, but most of the ones I know try to convince you to become a vegan to and basically say you are a horrible person for eating meat.

But you are right, let the people choose for themselfes but let the cats/dogs/ferrets or whatever be carnivores.
I'm waiting for the day someone tries to shove tofu down their snake's throat
>it's protien, right?
>>
>>2180804
Your cat might give this a try once he's at the brink of starvatiion
>>
File: 1437904971740.gif (1MB, 395x326px) Image search: [Google]
1437904971740.gif
1MB, 395x326px
>/an/ can't even tell the difference between a bait/troll and a joke any more.

Man, even the cat on the bag looks sad.
>>
>>2181842
>>2181862
That is not true at all. It's long been disproven that yes, pandas are true bears.
>For many decades, the precise taxonomic classification of the giant panda was under debate because it shares characteristics with both bears and raccoons.[55] However, molecular studies suggest the giant panda is a true bear and part of the family Ursidae,[3][56] though it differentiated early in history from the main ursine stock. The giant panda's closest extant relative is the spectacled bear of South America.[57] The giant panda has been referred to as a living fossil.[58]

I had a shouting match between my science teacher over this in middle school, a good million years ago. I got a free C+ out of it.
>>
I realize this is bait, but is it possible to have a vegan dog? I know that cats are impossible to make vegan but I wasn't sure about dogs since they pretty much will eat goddamn anything/are omnivores

>>2180825
Have you ever been to tumblr? They fucking hate vegans
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.