[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/...at the store getting the Cat sum food.. Can anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-08-01 12.25.09.jpg (3MB, 1590x2829px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-01 12.25.09.jpg
3MB, 1590x2829px
Hey /an/...at the store getting the Cat sum food..

Can anybody tell me whats wrong with this food??
>>
>>2180793
It's dry food
/thread

Also:
>expecting us to be able to tell anything about a food without the ingredients
Lol
>>
>>2180805
>self /thread
are you really new or just retarded?
>>
>>2180793
Cons:
-contains grain
-dry food
-fish
-vegetables
>>
>>2180793

Wft is up with allbthe berries carots n peas

Cats are STRICT carnivores

They sell this stuff??
>>
>>2180853
Fillers that make people feel better about fillers
>>
>>2180853
>>2180817
cats actually ingested grains and fibers as part of their natural diet, from the stomach of smaller animals.
>>
>>2180881
yeah, and how much of their diet do you think that makes up? mouse stomachs don't hold much.

their digestive tracts are too short to benefit from grains.
>>
>>2180907
Having dissected mice, rats, and some birds, I would agree with this statement. Mouse stomachs hold shit all, and half the time small animals like that are starving, because we found an awful lot of both empty stomachs and completely empty intestines and colons.

Cats need meat, and only meat.

Wet food is also better than dried food because cats have a very low thirst drive. They usually only drink after they're already dehydrated, and you don't want the cat to get dehydrated in the first place.

OP should look for a wet cat food in the form of sachets or cans which do not contain vegetables, fruits, or grains.

This can be a difficult task, having done it myself, but I finally found a reliable wet cat food.

Alternatively, OP could look into feeding a raw diet, but most people don't have the time or interest to work out the correct organ/muscle meat/bone ratio for their pet to be healthy. So often sachets or canned food is easier.
>>
>>2181032
what wet food are you feeding? I'm a poorfag and trying to feed my kitten the best canned food I can. thinking about switching over to diy raw but I don't have access to a grinder.
>>
>>2181041
I'm feeding a New Zealand specific brand called Chef, owned by the national tomato sauce company Watties, weirdly. It's not the best food out there, and not all of the flavors are equal. Some do contain cereal by-product, so we don't get those flavors. But it comes in 700g cans and you can buy it bulk if the supermarket is having a special.

We could look at the high end shit like the Wellness Core canned stuff, but it's the same cost for one serving of Wellness Core per cat as it is for six servings of Chef.
>>
>>2181041
Amerifat here. f you are willing to splurge for the best of the best, Weruva is easily one of the best canned foods on thr market.

TikI Cat, Merrick, and Wellness are also all very solid brands.
>>
>>2181046
doubt I could find that here, I'm american. thank you though!
>>2181062
Unfortunately most of those brands are out of my price range. I've been feeding Wellness (not core) but I'm disappointed by the fat to protein ratio.

I'd feed her bone in raw but she'll probably drag it everywhere and that's just too gross for my little apartment.
>>
>>2181078
That's not an awful food, anon. You are feeding Complete, I assume? That is honestly the food I would recommend for that budget, sorry! I've fed it to my own cats for a period.

You unfortunately have to work with you have. It's not the greatest food, but isn't bad at all!
>>
>>2181078

you can also feed her crickets

go to the lizard section of a pet store, buy a bunch, and release them in the bath tub (so they don't escape)

http://www.catforum.com/forum/38-health-nutrition/121518-feeding-my-cats-crickets.html
>I'd feed her bone in raw but she'll probably drag it everywhere and that's just too gross for my little apartment.

feed it to her in the bathtub then, if you have an indoor cate
>>
>>2181089
yeah, but the one I feed her (chicken) has 66 g of fat to 30 g of protien. that's worse than some varieties of fancy feast so I'm not too happy with it. I might just be too picky though... btw, I don't like Merrick because it's owned by Nestle/Purina.
>>
>>2181091
that's a good idea! I really hate crickets, they gross me out. I wonder if mealworms are okay though, I'll see if she'll eat them since I have some dried ones lol.

that's a really good idea though about feeding her in the tub, thanks! that'd be totally doable.
>>
>>2181032
>>>2180907
>Having dissected mice, rats, and some birds, I would agree with this statement. Mouse stomachs hold shit all, and half the time small animals like that are starving, because we found an awful lot of both empty stomachs and completely empty intestines and colons.
>Cats need meat, and only meat.
>Wet food is also better than dried food because cats have a very low thirst drive. They usually only drink after they're already dehydrated, and you don't want the cat to get dehydrated in the first place.
>OP should look for a wet cat food in the form of sachets or cans which do not contain vegetables, fruits, or grains.
>This can be a difficult task, having done it myself, but I finally found a reliable wet cat food.
>Alternatively, OP could look into feeding a raw diet, but most people don't have the time or interest to work out the correct organ/muscle meat/bone ratio for their pet to be healthy. So often sachets or canned food is easier.
You fags are dumb cats need taurine which is not found in meat. They have been domesticated for thousands of years. They are not tigers plus the fat content of strict meat can cause numerous problems such as pancreatitis. Talk to a vet and stop listening to your stupid fags down the street. I am married to a vet that teaches at a college. She laughs at your stupid conversation
>>
>>2181132
you're the dumb fuck. where the hell do you think wild cats get taurine? try googling it, smartass.

your vet wife is a SHILL!
>>
>>2181134
Yes cause Google knows all you fucking fag. Hi ahead feed your cat meet for a month and watch it die.
>>
>>2181136
Taurine is an amino sulfonic acid, but it is often referred to as an amino acid, a chemical that is a required building block of protein. Taurine is found in large amounts in the brain, retina, heart, and blood cells called platelets. The best food sources are meat and fish.

Cats don't produce their own taurine, which is why they need it in their diet. Taurine that is bioavailable for cats comes from meat. Synthesised taurine made in laborotories is not bioavailable to cats.

Incidentally, some dog breeds have an issue where they don't produce enough taurine themselves, so they should be fed taurine rich diets.
>>
>>2181186
not him but the taurine in cat food comes from gmo bacteria engineered to grow it. It is absolutely bioavailable.

the taurine from actual meat in pet food is cooked out.
>>
Cats do not survive well on raw diets. Just like most dogs. Feeding domesticated animals raw food will cause a host of problems. It's not balanced. If your domesticated animal was ment to eat raw meat then let them be wild. Return them to there natural wild habitat and see how long they survive. homeopathic vet med. Kind of like WebMD. Hilarious
>>
https://www.avma.org/KB/Policies/Pages/Raw-or-Undercooked-Animal-Source-Protein-in-Cat-and-Dog-Diets.aspx
>>
>>2181203
the thing is, cats don't eat raw meat in the wild, they eat ANIMALS in the wild. That includes intestines, like the liver.
A cat in the wild will NEVER eat a fucking cow steak or something.
>>
>>2181379
that makes me wonder, how many cats would it take to kill a cow?
Let's assume they all know how to cooperate, and all agree on killing a cow.
>>
>>2181380
I don't think they can. a domestic cat's teeth and claws are to short to reach anything vital. or you could get original and say a cat scratches the cow's eye, it gets infected, the infection spreads to the brain and the cow dies. in that case one would probably do.
>>
>>2180793
Everything that isn't salmon
>>
>>2181495
actually fish isn't good as the primary source of protein.
>>
>>2181379
Yes that is my point. Wild cats eat uncooked animals... Raw meat... They eat all in insides which has the stuff a wild cat needs. your cat is not wild and a steak or chicken leg does not contain everything they need. Plus your domesticated cat will develop health problems. Fatty liver, pancreatitis, etc etc. Not to mention salmonella which can the be spread to you. They are no longer wild animals. Don't treat them such.
>>
>>2181854
fun fact, cats are crazy efficient at staying hydrated, and with live prey, they don't need to drink water at all and extract it all out of the meat.
And even if they get desperate, they can drink salt water and not die, too.
>>
>>2182078
Even if that is true it sounds far from ideal for a domesticated cat
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.