[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ My family wanted to get a dog. Can you please recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (4KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 194x145px
Hey /an/

My family wanted to get a dog.
Can you please recommend me some nice races with:
>Small size
>Short hair
>For an apartment
>Maybe not too noisy (facultative)

Thanks in advance!

>Pic partially related (could it be a tangible option?)
>>
>>2180453

Poms are anything but short hair and quiet.
>>
>>2180466
We saw a chihuahua-like dog, but it was smaller (half of a normal chihuahua).
What race is that?
>>
>>2180453
Get a Boston, they are great family dogs.
>>
>>2180468
Half of a normal Chihuahua? If it was an adult and not a puppy you probably saw one of those stupid teacup dog with dwarfism.
>>
>>2180470
How big do they become when adults?
>>
>>2180471
I remember he walked weirdly, with its legs seeming to go forward instead of backward.
>>
>>2180472
The American Kennel Club divides the breed into three classes: under 15 pounds, 15 pounds and under 20 pounds, 20 pounds and not exceeding 25 pounds. They are small dogs, mine weighs just 5-6 kilos. They are also short-coated and quiet. If you like the breed be sure to get one from a responsible breeder.
>>
Basically, what you want is something from the toy group. Go look up the toy group on the kennel club and see if anything tickles your fancy- then research some more.
>>
>>2180476
>>2180477
Oh, ok.
Thanks guys!
P. S. Didn't know about this site, I am italian and we don't have these kind of sites (I haven't found any of them while researching). Again, thanks!
>>
>>2180478
No way. 5 seconds in google and I found something called Diochan, but there's no nature board. Unless muh hidden sekrit boards like those types of smallchans so love.
>>
>>2180453
I have a Patterdale/Jack Russell and she's lovely.
Very active, but doesn't bork often.
>>
>>2180478
Kek io ti ho consigliato il Boston.
>>
File: 1470059519012421584365.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1470059519012421584365.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
If you were at all interested in a real dog, and plan on taking it for walks, I would suggest a Brittany Spaniel.

They're quiet, short coat, bird dogs, bred by French poachers to quietly point out and retrieve small game from nobles' land. They're very affectionate and submissive in personality. They do need exercise though.

Problems include mouthiness as puppies, submissive urination, and having girls and old men who pheasant hunted as kids stop you on the street to comment how cute, and or, sweet mannered Brittanies are.

They average 30-40lbs.

If all you want is a shit and yip machine, by all means get a Pomeranian, Shitz Tsu, or Chihuahua.

Pic is my Britt.
>>
>>2180586
I never really had trouble over 3 shih tzus with barking. They get hoarse very easy so they tone it back, but I can't speak for all of them. Female shits are pretty cuddly but likely to never learn anything but sit/shake and almost impossible to get to come to you.
>>
>>2180453
Corgi
o
r
g
i
>>
>>2180685

Corgi's are barky and hyper.

Get a Basenji. They don't bark, are short hair and a relatively calm. They require exercise but a good walk will take care of the issue.
>>
>>2180586
>>2180609
my shih tzu was silent. she growled but almost never barked- we actually were afraid she'd had vocal surgery for the first few months because she was so quiet. stubborn as hell, though.
>>
File: finland4.jpg (28KB, 275x400px) Image search: [Google]
finland4.jpg
28KB, 275x400px
>>2180478
>Small size
>Short hair
>For an apartment
>Maybe not too noisy (facultative)

Also you're Italian.
Get an Italian greyhound. They look /fa/ as fuck.
>>
>>2180775
More like GAYhound
>>
>>2180760
I got a scar along my moustache from a male. I was tasked with moving him outside while he had a female knotted for some reason. Got bit then dog moving was successful.
>>
>>2180782
that's a weird story. bet that one doesn't impress the ladies.
>>
>>2180453
CORGI!!

They're small, but not toy size level. They're smart and funny and hilarious as well as being maximum cute levels. Hair is short. My sister has owned 2 different ones and with both lived in apartments at various times and they did fine, just take them out for walks and play with them.

If I didn't already have a dog that's going to start getting very large soon I would probably get a Corgi
>>
Maltese OP pref a boy if you want quiet.You just have to keep them short and brush regularly. Bonus is that the boys are mild tempered and small plus they dont shed. I have a 10 year old ive had since she was 5 months. Theyre a handful at first and you cant leave them for to long or else they get seperation anxiety. Otherwise theyre solid dogs for a small breed
>>
>>2180776
why
>>
File: 85.244141619_std.jpg (191KB, 382x408px) Image search: [Google]
85.244141619_std.jpg
191KB, 382x408px
>>2180453
I think a Xolo would be nice.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.