[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you're out with an animal, and an unleashed dog attacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

If you're out with an animal, and an unleashed dog attacks it, and your animal fucks up the dog in defense but remains unharmed, who is liable?

I'm asking because I have the opportunity to get a hand raised porcupine, and am afraid of taking it out into the trails behind my house and having some retard's uncontrolled dog get fucked up and have me be liable.

There aren't many dogs out there, but it's a concern.
>>
>>2180430
The dog can avoid confrontation at any point in time by walking away, your porcupine won't catch it ever. I don't see how a porcupine could attack a dog, unless it's been sleeping or something.
The only point their owners could make is "muh doggo ws only playing but evil purrcupine tried make it kill", which would be about the same line of defense as someone who tried to rob you by approaching you with a knife and later said he was only kidding, after you shot his leg.
>>
Oh man I want a pet porcupine now, would go to dog park everyday.
>>
Just make sure you have a license for it and other people really can't do shit.

It's along the lines of someone trying to say their dog was 'attacked' by a cat when it tried to play. It just isn't going to hold up in court seeing as the porcupine is a prey animal.
>>
If your porcupine spikes a dog, post pics. We love porcupine vs. dog.
>>
>>2180430
Like most things in life, this isn't a black or white issue. Both parties are responsible for any harm done. The person with the unleashed dog is responsible for not keeping their pet restrained; the person with the porcupine would be responsible for not actively guarding their pet.
>>
>>2180583
Thats true, but dogs get quilled all the time by being retarded and jamming their face into one repeatedly anyway.
But yeah thats what I'm hoping, that in an absolute worst case scenario it'd be pretty apparent the dog was the aggressor since it's strictly a defensive weapon.

>>2180616
Thats what I assumed, but are there any actual laws on it?

>>2180666
Yes, but would that actually work that way? Like in dog vs dog cases I'm sure it works like that because it's pretty impossible to actually prove which dog started shit. In a dog vs spiked prey animal case I'd think it would be pretty obvious the porcupine wasn't at fault.
>>
>letting your porcupine outdoors
>>
>>2180583
>It's just a prank bro!
>>
>>2181053
I don't think it is black and white anon. It would depend a lot on the location for one. I imagine if you were chilling with your porcupine bro in your front yard, then the dog would be at fault. But if you for some reason took your porcupine to a dog park (or some area with clear and high dog traffic), then I think the dog owner probably now has a defense or reason for holding you liable.

Also, make sure porcupines are legal where you live, and you have the right license and registration if needed. Not having the right paper will give you a massive more chance at being liable regardless of the situation.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.