[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good morning /an/ I'm getting a pupper in a month and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: perrodeaguas.jpg (280KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
perrodeaguas.jpg
280KB, 900x674px
Good morning /an/

I'm getting a pupper in a month and I would like to train him properly.

What book would you recommend for that?
>>
Shameless self bump.
>>
Get a newspaper and roll it up. Then tape it with a colorful duct tape. Use this to discipline your new pupper. Soon enough you wont even have to boop him on his snoot. Just brandish the colorful wrapped paper and it will know to stop or have its boop snooted.
>>
You heard him, the title of the book is "the business section".
>>
>>2180487
>>2180497

Promising enough, but how do I tell him where to shit?
>>
>>2180423
Ignore Caesar Milan books, and really anything from animal planet. I grew up with 'The Underdog', but I'm sure even that is outdated by now with better, more rounded technique. Are you looking for basic puppy training or do you want to go further than sit and stay? I always recommend puppy classes with puppies too, not so much for the class themselves as much as it's needed for interacting with other dogs in a controlled environment.

There's a lot to know about dogs, I guess it just depends how deep you want to go. For instance puppies have a series of 'fear periods' where some trainers recommend minimal dog to dog contact during those periods.
>>
>>2180516

I don't want to enter in some kind of agility contest, I just want him to behave around other people/dogs, sit/stay and know where the bathroom is.
>>
>>2180521
ZakGeorge on YouTube. Watch his massivw, massive puppy playlist.

Find a puppy class in your city and take him there.
>>
>>2180524
Kiko pup is also good.

YouTube is nice because you get to physically see the technique being done, and it doesn't take as long as reading a book.
>>
>>2180638
Yeah Kikopup is also really good. Was tempted to recommend her as well, but decided on just ZakGeorge because of his retardedly long puppy Playlist. Kikopup doesn't seem to have as much on puppies, but it's been a while since I watched her.

And I will also plug puppy classes again. Great time for socialization and bonding.
>>
>>2180524
Never seen his videos before so I checked him out and he's great. Very informative and very clear with lots of videos of demonstrations. And he's got a ton of videos to use
Thanks anon

>>2180638
>feminists
>>
>>2180638

Adding onto Kikopup, go download before/after you get your puppy by Ian dunbar- it's a free PDF.

Make that your bible for puppy socialization.
>>
>>2180423
>What book would you recommend for that?
Dogs can't read lol
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.