[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ my male cockatiel is afraid of my hands. I know the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: PicsArt_07-28-01.39.12.jpg (144KB, 668x816px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_07-28-01.39.12.jpg
144KB, 668x816px
Hey /an/ my male cockatiel is afraid of my hands. I know the best way to get them to trust your hands is to get them to eat from them, but he won't accept a treat from my hands. Are there any tricks to getting him to eat from my hand?
Also, I think a lot of his antisocial behavior is due to him not getting enough attention or entertainment, should I get a female for him? Would that make him friendlier?
>>
He's also only about 9 months old, so I'm hoping he'll grow out of this phase
>>
I'm guessing you only got him recently. Just give it more time and keep up with interacting with him more. You can also place him somewhere that can allow him to observe your presence often so that he understands you're not a threat and becomes accustomed to you. It can take a very long time to get a bird to become comfortable around people. It's a process the requires a lot of patience and persistence. Buying another bird can backfire if you want your bird to become friendlier with you because he will become more focused on the other bird rather than you.
>>
>>2177587
I've had him for about 8 months, and he's in my room and always watches me. How much time each day should I set aside to spend with him?
>>
>>2177634
Let him out of his cage while you're in the room, he may get curious to what you're doing
>>
>>2177517
do scratch his head? does he sit on your shoulder??
>>
>>2177973
He doesn't like to get scritches from my fingers and he's reluctant to step up (he'll start screeching at my hand if I do either). He'll sit on my shoulder but it's hell getting him off
>>
cockatiels are dumb. sometimes they never learn. best bet is to let it out of its cage and only interact when it craves your attention.
>>
Challenge it to a rock-off. I'm sure it'll respect you more if you win. But don't go and lose, ok?
>>
Any of you guys know of a good book I could read to get learned on cockatiels?
>>
work with him in the morning when hes hungry
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.