[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I know how /an/ loves fix my animal threads, especially involving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I know how /an/ loves fix my animal threads, especially involving cats. I'm more hoping to get some info and kill some time as I stay up at 2ish in he morning with the inevitable outcome.

So story is, I got 3 kittens as fosters. They managed to live in the shelter for 2 days with bare minimum care, but one was really struggling. I take them home, the two are BAR, eating on their own. I try to syringe feed the straggler. I go to bed, they are all walking on their own ( although straggler is wobbly) and are all cuddled together.

I wake up to a kitten howl, expecting it to be straggler. Nope, it's one of the kittens that was normal when I went to sleep. He can't stand, he can't even keep his head up. I can syringe feed some food, but he doesn't always swallow. His siblings were sleeping on him, I don't know if that would have caused it. His breathing is too hard for me to feel for a heart beat, and one of his legs I can not bend, it's stuck in an outright position as if he had already undergone rigamortis.

I was planning on just taking the straggler back to the shelter to see the vet tomorrow for fluids, but if this guy makes the night, I mine as well bring the whole gang. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help him, or something that I might not thought of doing. I really just wish I knew what was going on.

Pic related, how I found him. 3 hours earlier he was a fluffy, playful kitten and now he looks like he's dying.
>>
yeesh, how old is he? do you have houseplants or medications that could have fallen on the floor?

keep him warm, of course. do you have cornsyrup (karo, pancake syrup)? that can help stimulate his appetite and get him some energy back.
>>
>>2176350
I keep him and his siblings in a crate, so he didn't get into anything on my watch. I'm honestly not sure how old, probably around 4 weeks, they are just starting to eat wet food. I have pancake syrup, but I'm not sure if he will have energy to eat it. There's still kitten food mush in his mouth from earlier
>>
>>2176358
try to give him some syrup via the syringe. poor little dude, hope he makes it.
>>
>>2176360
I had given him a bit, he didn't swallow. But he got quiet after I took him away from his siblings, wrapped him up in a towel with a hot water bottle. He died a little bit ago.
>>
>>2176364
Damn, sorry man. I hope the other two make it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.