[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did these things not get blown about the landscape of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: blown.jpg (250KB, 1280x614px) Image search: [Google]
blown.jpg
250KB, 1280x614px
How did these things not get blown about the landscape of the permian like loose lawn furniture whenever it got really windy?
>>
Just face parallel to the wind
>>
>>2175567
None of them have a big enough fan.
Tie a 6 foot sheet of paper to a 800lb concrete container, you'd be lucky if it slid even a single inch if it was perpendicular to the wind.
And if it's facing toward/away from the wind, won't slide an inch.

The smaller have a higher surface area relative to weight (basic geometry), but they also are lower to the ground, able to use trees/rocks/vegetation as wind blocks if there's any chance they can't just face into/away from a strong wind.
>>
They probably didn't look like that.
>>
>>2175647
The paper would rip off if it was seriously windy.
They seem like they would cause pain in high intense wind.
Could they have been retractable?
>>
>>2176003
please don't ruin it with that ugly half spine shit
>>
that's so cool id love to have a little lizard sized dimetrodon as a pet
>>
File: high-walkin.jpg (321KB, 2121x2121px) Image search: [Google]
high-walkin.jpg
321KB, 2121x2121px
>>2176038
>>
>>2175568
>>2175647
I know you dorks. I was just making a haha sorta funny. Just think of them fluttering about like loose cardboard in the wind. one smaller one gets blown way up high in the air by a particularly strong gust and ends up in a tree and it's just kickin it's little feet helplessly. Lighthearted thread wasnt serious
>>
File: inostrancevia.jpg (19KB, 564x245px) Image search: [Google]
inostrancevia.jpg
19KB, 564x245px
post synapsids. lizard dog bears are the best
>>
File: smol hed.jpg (14KB, 420x241px) Image search: [Google]
smol hed.jpg
14KB, 420x241px
i like to think that they didn't have sails at all. Their spines just stuck straight up bare and they would pluck each others spines and they would ring out like harp strings.
>>
>>2176457
how old are you?
>>
>>2175567
.. you know I never really thought about that, OP.
>>
They likely didn't have full sails like that.
Even if they did, they could just go somewhere the wind isn't directly hitting them.

That's like asking how ants can survive somewhere that rains a lot, or how peacocks can survive the wind.
>>
>>2175567
It looks like the one in the corner did. He's tipped over.
>>
>>2178371
>d.loomisi
Holy shit he's right. Hilarious.
>>
>>2177223
They did, actually. The idea that they didn't was put out by one retard with a Youtube channel. No scientist actually takes it seriously.
>>
>>2177223
>how ants can survive somewhere that rains a lot

I've always wondered this too. It's like one drop would take them out.
>>
>>2178512
they hold onto each other's hands and make an ant raft out of themselves.
https://youtu.be/L2ZysgGAABw
>>
>>2178523
no they dont
>>
>>2178526
but nat geo said so!
>>
File: 1450544479805.jpg (32KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1450544479805.jpg
32KB, 400x359px
>>2175567
how do you think they got around
>>
>>2175567
There was less wind during the permian.
>>
File: rhinob_2high.jpg (64KB, 1157x771px) Image search: [Google]
rhinob_2high.jpg
64KB, 1157x771px
They didn't even have sails, we can tell by using phylogenetic bracketing while looking at similar animal skeletons such as the rhino.
>>
>>2178540
Holy shit lol.
>>
>>2178540
ew, their dicks are touching
>>
>>2175567
D. teutonis is my nigga
look at dat swagger in his step
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.