[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw live in an apartment in the city >tfw want a pupper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1250x934px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1250x934px
>tfw live in an apartment in the city
>tfw want a pupper
>tfw it wouldn't be right to subject a pupper to live like this
>>
dogs don't care where they live
>>
Why not get a dog that is okay with apartment life, or just exercise the dog sufficiently?
>>
File: animals-doghug.gif (2MB, 350x328px) Image search: [Google]
animals-doghug.gif
2MB, 350x328px
>>2174426
>tfw live in an apartment in the city
>tfw have 2 puppers
>tfw puppers live full, happy lives

regular walks + regular potty breaks + at least one big outing once a week

I have a ~25 pound corgi/border collie mix, and one smaller dog. I would highly recommend looking at medium sized mixed dogs. Personality wise, he's just like having a miniature big dog. I live in an apartment complex with lawns and stuff, if you live in a high rise then maybe not.
>>
Most races of dogs are fine in appartment as long as you can keep them active regularly.
>>
I live in a condo I own, which is more or less an apartment. I don't have a backyard (I do have a back patio I may smash up and replace with a small amount of grass one day though). I have two doggos: a 45lbs staffie mix, and an 18lbs spaniel mix.

They get regular walks, regular potty breaks, and plenty of exercise and love. Once the spaniel mix gets over her heartworms (I adopted her HW+, knew it going into it), we're going to go on go on big adventures once a week too to the dog park and lake.

There is no reason you cannot own a dog in an apartment. It is a considerable amount more work, but if you want it, then you can do it easily. The biggest annoyance is potty breaks, because you more or less have to go on a mini walk every time, but it isn't too bad once you get used to it.
>>
>>2174426
It's definitely doable, anon.

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and we have a ~75 pound golden retriever. He gets at least 90 mins a day of walking and swimming most days and he's content. He likes to be active but once he's done he just kind of lays around wherever we are. It's inconvenient sometimes to not have the ability to open a door and let him do his thing in the yard by himself but it's a good way for you to get exercise and socialize as well.
>>
>>2174556
>tfw no clean enough/safely accessible water close by, can't let my golden swim.
>>
>>2174487
Ironically greyhounds are a breed well suited to an apartment life as long as they get walkies.
>>
>>2174566
m8
All dog breeds are well suited for apartment life as long as they get their walkies.
>>
>>2174574
Not true some breed of dogs big or small require large open spaces otherwise they get stressed.
>>
>>2174600
Like?
>>
>>2174574
Have fun keeping a border collie in an apartment.
>>
>>2174640
i think a dog like a pyr might not be suitable to living in an apt but yeah, most breeds are perfectly fine living in an apartment
>>
File: zdzgNkw[1].png (414KB, 428x422px) Image search: [Google]
zdzgNkw[1].png
414KB, 428x422px
>dozens of dogs being put down in the city daily
>"B-but it wouldn't be fair to house them in my apartment."
Just walk them, you silly retard.
>>
>>2174643
Or a dalmation variant
>>
>>2174462
Post pix of pupper pls
>>
>>2175782
Or husky, shepherd, or really any working dog.

You could do it. But you could also keep a cat locked in a tool shed 21 hours a day.

>>2175338
>Just walk them, you silly retard.

That is not nearly enough exercise to keep all dogs breeds in good mental health. Some need to run, some need to work, walking a couple hours a day is no replacement.
>>
>>2175818
So would you you rather have one of those dogs euthanized at a shelter or live as an apartment dog?
>>
File: image.jpg (963KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
963KB, 2448x2448px
>>2175788
Posting puppers per previous post
>>
>>2175848
All non-working unproperly bred dogs under 30kg/60cm (for males, let's give a bit of leeway to females) should be euthanized.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (38KB, 495x279px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
38KB, 495x279px
>>2175862
>>
>>2175868
Looks like bugguy.
>>
>>2175876
looks like you, except his face is less fat.
>>
No, I still think it looks like bugguy much more.
>>
>>2175880
you should see him, he looks like a rejected amish that got stung in the face by an entire colony of bees.
>>
>>2175882
I kind of want to imagine bugguy thinks everyone with the name anonymous is one person.

It makes his shitposting mildly more amusing to imagine that he is in a perpetual argument that that fucking anonymous on /an/.
>>
>>2175820
Choose a dog suitable for your life. You will be happier and the dog will be happier.

>but they will die if I don't adopt them!

This is a lazy excuse for keeping a dog in improper living conditions simply because you selfishly want to own it.

Leave them at the shelter. Perhaps someone with a life more suitable to them will come along, perhaps not. Such is life.
>>
>>2175892
I'll pretend that you're multiple people if you really want me to bby.

it'll be our private roleplay session, our little secret.
>>
>>2175818
Agreed, I have an aussie, I have a hard time believing that any dog like could live in an apartment even with daily walks; as it is I walk her every day, sometimes twice and she still has tons of energy left to run around the yard and play ball with me or run around the yard and play with the other dogs. I have enough land for her to run around and chase rabbits, squirrels, and occasionally low flying birds. I'd feel bad for her if she was in apartment conditions, shes so high energy.
>>
>>2175338
yeah but those dogs are ugly 2bh

except that one White German Shepard I saw, she better have had an owner, she was too scared of men
>>
>>2174426
i live in an apartment and honestly owning a dog isn't that much of a hassle, granted that you can take ur pupper out for regular potty breaks

if you're worried about energy level adopt an older dog, i lucked out and found a really calm 2 year old but dogs like 5-6+ have usually mellowed out enough that you can get away with 1 or 2 good walks a day

also breed size doesn't matter as much, you just gotta look for calm temperament and don't be a fucking idiot and get something like a hound or collie or shepherd that needs lots of stimulation
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.