[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that dogs wetter perfectly fine for hundreds, if not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Vet1.jpg (160KB, 1300x852px) Image search: [Google]
Vet1.jpg
160KB, 1300x852px
Why is it that dogs wetter perfectly fine for hundreds, if not thousands of years without vets, but all of a sudden, dogs are mandated to have half a dozen vaccines (none of which they never needed), thousands of dollars of vetinary "care", and suddenly things like rawhide and bones are "bad" for dogs when they have literally never had an issue with it until recently?

Really makes you think.
>>
Watch Old Yeller.
>>
File: 1464724304780.jpg (24KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
1464724304780.jpg
24KB, 267x274px
Dogs are domesticated, so they always had us to protect them.....also, their life spans are shit without veterinary care, less than a third of what they are with it - If you have ever seen a dog with distemper or parvovirus, you can see why they need shots, that shit is brutal
So yes, they can survive with a shortened life span, but it won't be easy, and they will suffer for it
>>
Many dogs died of diseases or illness before veterinary care. Dogs are living longer and healthier lives.

Rawhide isn't bad for dogs, most vets recommend it as it can help clean teeth.
>>
They need vaccines. How often they need those vaccines are up for debate.
>>
>Really makes you think.

Only if you're a total moron. Anyone else quickly realises there is a difference between dogs surviving as a species, and your individual dog living a long and healthy life. Dogs wouldn't suddenly die out en masse if we stopped worming and vaccinating them, but your dog might die at two from a preventable disease. If you want to take that risk, it is entirely up to you.
>>
>>2174299

Rawhides break off in large pieces that can cause issues through the entire digestive tract, and based on the country of origin dangerous chemicals may be used in their manufacture, so they're not without real concern. They're fine if you source them properly, and monitor the dog while they're chewing it, but most people do neither.

There are better options available with less risks.
>>
>>2174306
>They need vaccines
Says the exact people giving them????????
>>
If you haven't noticed, most animals in captivity live longer lives rather actual wild animals. Wolves in the wild tend to live to six to eight years, but can live to sixteen years in captivity.
>>
>>2174311

IE: People with actual medical training who know what they're talking about instead of some dumbass conspirator on 4chan.
>>
>>2174312
Which is the average lifespan of a domestic dog.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

>>2174314
And they are the exact ones who SAY they have medical training????????????
>>
>>2174292
I dunno, why did we manage to live perfectly fine for hundreds if not thousands of years and now we need all these fancy new things like "medication" and "surgery"?
>>
File: bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>2174292
>>2174317
I don't usually hang out at this board but man do you all get shitty bait. At least TRY to sound like a decent conspiracy.
>>
kys
>>
>>2174352
No, we don't want the wild animals to get ill.
>>
>>2174292
Anon, just because vaccination gave you autism doesn't mean your doggo is in danger, don't worry.
>>
i find that if i pay 1.50 for a dozen crawlers theyre the best bait ive ever had and when i pay 4 dollars the whole damn dozen is dead before my boat is in the water lol
>>
>>2174292
Simple, back in the day the sick animal would die before getting mature so only the strongest would get to breed, now if you have a sick animal you take him to the vet, he will make it better but would not resolve the problem, then peoples breed those sick animals that give birth to other even more sick animals...then they breed them with other animals with other sickness and the shit is getting tickher and tickher...peoples are stupid as this and plague anything that can get hands off
>>
>>2175268
Nah even the "strongest" ones were infested with mites, fleas, ticks and probably some other diseases. Just like humans before modern medicine and vaccines. Dog with a cancer doesn't give cancer to his offspring.
>>
>>2175272
Here I agree with you, but i was not talking about animal pests and the removal of them, I was talking more of "the bulldogs get insane after a certain age because the brain has grown larger that the skull and created pressure that drives him mad as fuck" sort of thing
>>
>>2175272
Aaand actually they do give cancer to the offsprings, I had 2 female dogs, one was the mother, the other the daughter, they both died from breast cancer
>>
>>2175272
cancer can be genetic tho.

>>2174292
cities are also a fairly recent invention. more people in a dense area means more dogs spreading diseases.

the bone and rawhide thing is kind of a meme. your dog will probably be fine, but they also might choke and die. it's always been that way.
>>
>>2174292
Same reason that up until recently, humans have been lucky to live to 45. Just that a dog that lives to 10 or 11 is only 4 years off of 15. So the change is less noticeable
>>
>>2174292
No it doesn't

Dogs died from illnesses and medical problems that are preventable using modern medicine, so now that we can treat them they live longer

For a long time, most humans died before 30, but now it's normal to live past 80

Pal, this is either some bad bait or you are really bad at justifying not taking proper care of your dog
>>
>>2174292
Do you not realize how many MILLIONS of dogs died from parvo or distemper? How some regions had literally all their puppies wiped out from that shit for years?
Yearly boosters are excessive, but don't say dogs were better off without any vaccines.
>>
ITT: /an/ repeatedly takes obvious bait
>>
>>2174292
>Why is it that humans were perfectly fine for hundreds, if not thousands of years without modern medicine, but all of a sudden, humans are mandated to have half a dozen vaccines (none of which we never needed), thousands of dollar of medical "care", and suddenly things like shitting in designated shitting streets or not washing your hands are "bad" for humans when we have literally never had an issue with it until recently?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.