[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help, /an/. I have a cat raised at home and he went to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Photo0991.jpg (526KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0991.jpg
526KB, 2048x1536px
Need help, /an/.

I have a cat raised at home and he went to street about a year ago, a year old. when he came back 2 months ago he was extremely thin and was shaking, having hard time walking and focusing on something. We took him to local pro veterinarian, she said he is dehydrated and might have anemia. They took him and immediately started to give serum.

We left him there, after 3 weeks when we went back to check how he's doing , he was fully in despair instead of getting better, didn't gain any weight, we found him in his case just as we left there, his backside got severely toxicated because of urinal and poo acid, they didn't bother to clean it, couldn't stand up, we immediately took him away back to home and reported the vet of leaving the cat just they thought he was going to die.

He's getting worse now, we feed him by hands and with chicken liver for iron, giving couple of drops of multivitamin a day, some whiskas wet can meal and these all he can eat and all we can buy and give. His poo is getting slickier every day which I think is a good thing at least.

He cannot stand up, he can but its extremely hard for him to gather up.
He is about 3 ponds now at age 2, he eats a lot but we can't determine where the meal is going. his poo doesn't show any internal parasites, yet we still do medication for inner and outer parasites.

He cannot react in time to things passing across his eyes, for the last couple of days he started to react at extremely fast movement trials when we try to fond him or call his name. He suddenly Shines and falls after a second.

He is constantly sleeping, being not able to move out is a factor we think. He also just lies down eyes open lately.

What we can do now to get him better at home? We're afraid of getting him to another vet.

Pic related is him before going to vet.
>>
File: 25072016091.jpg (372KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
25072016091.jpg
372KB, 2048x1536px
And this is him now. I know this isn't the right place to ask but I know lots of you have kittens and love animals. Also I have no choice.
>>
>>2174271
All cats have it coming. Their entire lives are spent torturing countless insects, smaller mammals, and ruining most ecosystems they've been introduced into.
>>
>let's cat "go to street" (?) for months
>leaves cat at vets for 3 weeks without checking on it even once
the fuck OP? You can't be surprised that this is happening.
>>
>>2174273
Wow, op, all shit-posting aside: put that animal to sleep.
I know you love it--but a part of being a good pet owner is knowing when to let go; and if that picture is any indication then it was time to let go awhile ago.
>>
>>2174279
Then there's this

I can't understand people that let their cats wander. All a person has to do is rustle a bag of treats at them and they become an easy target.
There's a reason we tell kids not to take candy from strangers.
>>
>>2174279
I basically take stray cats who are parentless or starving or crippled etc.

I raise them and leave the choice to them whether to stay or go. Some decide to stay with us at home, some go out as soon as they get better.
>>
>>2174286
I know your kind. Disgusting
>>
>>2174289

will you help me save my son or just shitpost?
>>
>>2174289
What's disgusting about it? maybe that's the utmost affordable limit of care?
>>
Anon, the most humane thing now is to put him to sleep.
>>
>>2174291
it's the same as taking care of rats or canetoads.

you're helping pest species that actively destroy your local ecosystem.
>>
>>2174294
How about I destroy you and rid the world from one more retard mongoloid?
>>
>>2174296
you might wanna start with yourself, it's easier.

you're not going to get any help destroying the environment on an animals and nature board.
>>
>>2174298
oh really? what would you suggest then? why don't you people then destroy houses and sites near you? why don't you people bomb energy plats and refineries? oh right, because you need internet to accues people in a shitty imageboard.
>>
File: 1458377556377.png (397KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1458377556377.png
397KB, 500x373px
>>2174313
>what would you suggest then?
>>
>>2174273

Sue the vet but for the love of god put that cat to sleep. Take to another vet and they will do it straight away.

I know it's hard but it's for the best.

Don't let your cats outside again, keep them as house cats.
>>
>>2174313
>>2174296
>>2174291
>letting a pest survive and destroy your environment even more
>>
>>2174290
I already helped you. See >>2174281
Anything past that--especially suggestions on how to bring a dying animal back from the brink, is a shitpost.
Your cat is done for, kaput, guaranteed to die... keeping it alive to suffer out its last hours or days is selfish.
You MUST accept that you are tasked with dispatching this cat, by vet or otherwise. Make it as quick as possible and don't worry if it's clean because your goal should be to put it down as painlessly as possible.
If you lack the fortitude to do these things then I'm afraid you shouldn't take on any more pets.
>>
>>2174357
Feral cats catch one or two rodents a month. They're almost never adept enough to catch a bird.
Disdain.
>>
>>2174271
Put the cat out of its misery
>>
>>2174367
most of the rodents cats catch are native ones, it's still destroying the ecosystem.
>>
>>2174279
There is obviously a language barrier here.

The cat probably got out on its own but yeah there is a distinct sense of negligence here.

I agree with others and would say put him to sleep unless he starts getting consistently better quickly.
>>
Have you got a second opinion from another vet? You could ask online.
>>
>>2174271
Your cat has Autism.

Sorry OP.
>>
Could you please update?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.