[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate took in a stray cat a few months ago and now we have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-07-23 23.35.43.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-23 23.35.43.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
My roommate took in a stray cat a few months ago and now we have a bad flea problem. Ive scratched my ankles till they bled. What do you recommend a collar? topical medication? I've heard of some brands that burn the hair off the cats neck, I don't want that. Just looking for recommendations.
>>
>>2174182
Have the cat put down then move into a new apartment with someone who isn't an irresponsible retard
>>
>>>2173569

Vacuum fucking everything more than once.
>>
>>2174183
Not gonna lie I've thought about it but I couldn't do it.
Hes a slob so it doesn't bother him but its hell for me and my gf

>>2174184
The cat doesn't like me enough that I could give it a bath, will it still work without a flea bath?
My roomate bathes her maybe once every couple of months but he only uses human shampoo lol I think dove. He would be too lazy/cheap to buy flea shampoo and use the comb
>>
>>2174188
What the fuck, it should ultimately be the responsibility of your roommate since its his and he should be taking the steps to get rid of the fleas. Tell your faggot roommate to google why human shampoo shouldn't be used on cats. Secondly, cat shampoo is not $100 its not going to kill him. Not getting rid of the fleas is a huge disservice to the cat besides you guys. Tell him to get off his ass and help his cat.
>>
Shit man get some flea medication. Likely you will have to be the one to apply it since you will cheap out and get a water based med that takes all day to dry. Make sure you sit with the cat for several hours while the medication dries. Likely since the cat doesn't like you you will need a blanket to hold it in.
>>
>>2174385
why do you recommend sitting with it for several hours? I was going to get advantage II
>>
>>2174182
That's what you get for bringing pest animals into your home.
I suggest you don't breed
>>
>>2174875
So it doesn't lick it off and die, genius.
Alternatively, feed it antifreeze
>>
>>2174934
Isn't it supposed to be applied to the base of the cats neck? Can they even lick it off from there?

>>2174930
I was against it. We're actually not even allowed to have pets but I came home one day and there was a cat here.
>>
>>2174988
It'll lick it's paw, rub at it with the wet spot on its paw, and lick it's paw again.

And if your roommate is the moral harbinger of your current situation then get on his ass to make it right... and if he's not doing anything about it then it's time for a new roommate.
>>
>>2175003
Ahh ok that makes sense.
Hes a lazy sob but also my best friend for the past decade. Ill do this for the sanity of us all.
>>
>>2174988
>We're actually not allowed to have pets
Then you can break the lease. Do so.
>>
>>2175423
over this?? lol not in a position to move and don't want to. I pay 1200 for a 2 bedroom in los angeles. Thats like 400 less than most 2 bedrooms in this neighborhood, most of them in worse condition than mine. I just don't want to itch man!
>>
Just wash the damn cat. Fuck what it wants. Flea collar that kills eggs. Some sort of medicine. It's not that complicated, you just have to do it. Consider a cone if it won't stop scratching itself once the fleas fucker off.

Go out for a couple hours with the cat and flea bomb the house.
>>
The brand Adams makes a flea shampoo. It is very good. Give the cat a bath in that.

Next, go buy some Advantage. The Advantage will turn the cat into a living flea trap. It will kill any fleas that snack on your cat. You'll need to keep the cat on the Advantage for several months, at least 6.

Next, do you have carpet? Invest in diatomaceous earth. Make sure it's food grade. Spread it all over your carpet and leave it overnight. Will get rid of your fleas. Vacuum very throughly next morning. Also, vacuum at least weekly for a while too.

Lastly, wash everything in hot water.

Fleas are fucking cancer, but pretty easy to deal with.
>>
i recently had to deal with a moderate infestation

these lighted sticky trap things are a complete waste of time, you have to stop the fleas's life cycle completely to get rid of them, which involves using medicine on the cat and regular vacuuming, also get rid of the vacuum bags immediately

the fleas i encountered were resistant to Advantage though, i had to use a different product called Cheristin which worked extremely fast but also is like twice as expensive, so if Advantage works well it'll save you a lot of money. Capstar is also good if you want to kickstart the process, it's a 24 hour pill that will zap any fleas currently on the pet within hours, but when the fleas are dying they start biting really hard, so the animal will go berserk for a few hours. it can be used at the same time as a topical medication though. i only used it once and you can just save the rest in case of another emergency
>>
>>2175425
Turn your roommate in then. He'll get fined heavily and will either get rid of cat or have to keep paying the fine. Make sure to call the office though and say your a neighbor and tired of the fucking meowing. Your roommate is a piece of shit and doesn't deserve to keep a cat if he won't take basic care of it.
>>
>>2176523
considered that, but he can barely afford rent, always late. If he gets fined we'll be fucked.
>>
>>2176670
You're a bigger pussy than the fucking cat.
>>
>>2176909
because I dont want to be homeless? lol
>>
>>2174182
Revolution works the best according to my vet. It's prescription only, but definitely get some.
>>
>>2174182
Advantage drops
>>
what is a good treatment for fleas in the yard? I don't want animals getting them and coming in.
>>
>>2174182
Advantage to apply to the cat, put cat in container, flea bomb house, vaccum house and clean all fabrics including furniture to remove the eggs. To make easy flea traps you can put small lit candles on plates filled with water around the house at night before you sleep.
>>
>>2175654
DE is amazing

put some in a bag and rub that shit into the cats fur
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.