[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzz zrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: cicada-stockxchng-980x560.jpg (111KB, 980x560px) Image search: [Google]
cicada-stockxchng-980x560.jpg
111KB, 980x560px
bzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrrbzzzrrrr
>>
>>2174036
they dont make that sound, they scream dont they?
>>
File: cicadakiller.jpg (60KB, 828x600px) Image search: [Google]
cicadakiller.jpg
60KB, 828x600px
a challenger appears
>>
>>2174054
Depends on what kind.
>>
>>2174063

Had one of these land in my truck a few days ago. Was not pleasant.
>>
>>2174036
I miss these things.

I moved from Texas to Washington a few years ago and I will never get used to not hearing cicadas in the summer
>>
>>2174036
SHUT UP
>>
>>2174063
I heard some screaming from a tree the other day and looked over just in time to see a hornet take down a cicada. It was brutal af
>>
>>2174036
[muffled REEing in the distance]
>>
File: world cup.jpg (238KB, 980x560px) Image search: [Google]
world cup.jpg
238KB, 980x560px
>>2174196
no
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x1136px
These things scare the shit out of me.

>he middle of June
>cicadas are out
>have cicada phobia
>"honey I know you're a huge pussy towards cicadas but could you go outside and mow the grass teehee"
>FUCK
>devise solution
>I shall equip battle armor
>keep in mind it's like 90 degrees out
>equip blue jeans, long sleev t-shirt, jacket with hoodie, hat, gloves, and music to shield my ears from the constant REEEEEEing
>sweat my ass off but get the yard mowed
>my alcoholic neighbor just stood on his porch and watched me mow my yard in winter clothing in June

And that's how I acted like a psycholo in front of the whole trailer park
>>
>>2174036
They said there was going to be a huge brood of these things coming out this summer. They said the trees would be singing for weeks from hundreds and thousands of them.

So far I have not heard a single one except for the normal ones I hear every summer in July.
>>
File: IMG_1430.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>2174398
>>
>>2174404

They almost always exaggerate stuff like that.

How many times have you heard BLIZZARD OF THE CENTURY, TIME TO "HUNKER DOWN" and it's like, three inches of snow?
>>
File: enough.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>>2174157
>I miss these things.
Said no one ever. Cicadas are vile, defeaning creatures that fly like blind kamikazes. I had to constantly jump away from the flight paths of those things while I lived in Texas.

>just minding my business talking to a friend under the streetlight
>or we would if we could hear what the other was saying due to Cicadas buzzing without pause
>wild Cicada appears
>with blinding speed it flies into my fucking face
>get a concussion
>just reeling back when another shoots into me from the other side
>flee screaming
t-thanks mother nature
>>
>>2174036
Send it to space.
https://youtu.be/f5YiE3rP6Rw
>>
>>2174404
Chances are you read a misleading headline and the brood wasn't anywhere near you.
>>
File: 1466232467067.gif (985KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1466232467067.gif
985KB, 500x252px
>>2174427
>Concussion
>>
>>2174427
This post gave me a much needed laugh
>>
>>2174525
The said Maryland was going to be deep in it.
They were wrong.
>>
>>2174427
I hated these things too. I live in a city so all the huge bugs we have here are nasty fucking roaches. Went to visit someone where these are populous once and was lucky enough to have one die and fall out of a tree and conk me in the head.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 424x609px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 424x609px
I accidentally grabbed one of these while it still was emerging from its molting stage or whatever. It was green and I freaked out and flinged it away. I thought I killed it but the next night this slightly green cicada landed on hand. It wouldn't let go until I flicked it off. It must have thought my hand was its mommy.
>>
I am fascinated by cicadas and want to know more about them.
They're probably my favorite insect.
>>
Fun fact: cicada wings are super-hydrophobic, and are covered in nanoscopic spikes. These spikes are so small that bacteria landing on the surface of the wing will have its membrane burst by the spikes, making Cicada Wings the first known biomaterial that can kill bacteria.
>>
File: 1466744208142.jpg (71KB, 653x507px) Image search: [Google]
1466744208142.jpg
71KB, 653x507px
>>2174427
>>
>>2174408
I love your ring! When's the wedding date?
>>
>>2174427
I miss collecting their discarded shells.

I lived in the woods as a kid, and one summer there were so many that I made an entire suit of necrotic bio-armor.
>>
File: 20160614_162901.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160614_162901.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Saw this jumping spider pounch a cicada
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.