[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever watched an animal died a natural death in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (86KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 620x387px
Has anyone here ever watched an animal died a natural death in the wild? I mean we all lose cats and dogs, but we always see dead animals in the wild, but I never see them die until yesterday

>go to outdoor concert with gf yesterday
>walking into park
>out of fucking nowhere A squirrel from the sky
>THUD
>thing fucking suicided from a 50 foot tall palm tree
>some dumbass nearby runs over to some cops standing around
>"THAT SQUIRREL JUST FELL FROM THE TREE!"
>cop says "what do you want me to do, give it CPR?"
>we all stand around in a circle around the squirrel and contemplate existence momentarily
>gf is crying
>me and cop are laughing

Anyway... Anyone else experience anything like this?
>>
>>2173740
>squirrel suicides from tree
Never heard of anything like it OP, that's nuts
>>
Yep a squirrel fell out of one of the pine trees in my backyard, broke its neck
>>
Watched a mountain lion take down a whitetail in northern saskatchewan while i was on a hunting trip.
Watched through my binoculars; it was really intense to see.
>>
>sitting on bike in front of friend's house, waiting for him to come out
>hear very low scratching sound coming from tree that's close to me
>out of nowhere, a tarantula the size of my open hand falls off the tree, holding a similar sized locust in it's mouth
>they're both less than a foot away from me on the ground
>watch as the locust struggles and gets slowly eaten
>nope out of there cause tarantulas are bros but I fucking hate locusts, thinking there might have been more around
>>
>>2173740
I never met you and I know nothing about you but I hate you you have an uncanny hability to fulfill every little thing that people find annoying
>>
>>2173740

I had a similar experience, omly it fell from 10-20 feet and it was running across electrical wiring . The fucker landed on its back was violently twitching for a good 10-15 seconds before The Reaper finally came to claim it.
>>
Two birds flew into my window at the same time and dropped to the concrete. One struggled but got up and flew away. I watched the other one stop breathing, then buried it.
>>
>>2173835
you're a funny xuy anon
>>
>>2173740
watched a mosquito die on a hot day. It fluttered by but hit the ground right in front of me on the asphalt. Struggled for a few seconds then stopped moving.
>>
>friend comes over, says they found a bird in the road that isn't moving
>it's not far from my house, go to see if bird is still there
>bird is
>pick the bird up, it looks fine but is obviously not okay since I could pick it up
>start to take it back to my house to see if there's anything I can do
>on the walk back, bird dies in my hands

A little sad but I expected as much.

>one day find a Red Admiral butterfly on the sidewalk
>It's gonna get crushed, try to get it to fly bu nudging it
>instead it crawls onto my hand and won't leave
>have to go run errands but butterfly is determined to stay put
>go about the rest of my day with a butterfly bro, give him some apple juice during the day the best that I can
>get home, identify species, but butterfly is getting more sluggish. I offer overripe fruit like they're supposed to like but butterfly won't take it and it barely moving
>find some tips on force-feeding a butterfly, (put the proboscis in the substance and make the wings flap)
>proceed to butterfly cpr, butterfly flaps wings when prompted but won't move otherwise
>kept trying but butterfly bro never recovered
>>
>>2174102
This is beautiful. Be my boyfriend pls
I would've done the same thing for the butterfly
>>
>>2174102
The butterfly story is pretty sad, props to you for trying.
>>
>>2173740
I've seen an eagle kill a goose. Other than that I've seen mice get killed by hawks. Usually animals get killed by a predator before they get bad enough to die on their own.
>>
There was a dead bird the other day in the bus station.

It looked like dead mush at first but it's wing would start fluttering erratically every minute or so. There wasn't any wind and the movements were so erratic that the poor thing still had to be alive.

I watched it twitching like that for maybe 10 minutes while waiting for the bus.

I probably should have put it out of it's misery but i'm too much of a little bitch.
>>
Watched a hawk kill another bird, I was stuck in traffic so it was a nice show.
>>
Drove a truck for work on highway, hawk flew into it and tumbled into the road

Felt fucking awful. I wonder how often that happens
>>
File: 1453424762620.gif (1MB, 499x341px) Image search: [Google]
1453424762620.gif
1MB, 499x341px
>years ago
>find baby rabbit that was attacked by neighbors dogs and barely got away
>its dies in my hands from the dog bites
>every tick and parasite on this thing starts crawling off onto my hands right as it dies
>>
>be driving
>see a cardinal fly in out of nowhere
>spasms midair then falls onto the road
>gets run over instantly
kinda weird
>>
Saw a pine marten take a squirrel once

>tfw it screamed a little squirrel scream
>>
One time I was out in an area with a cliff... Watched a deer run right off what was likely a 200ft drop.
Couldn't stop fucking laughing.
>>
>>2174539
It was dead already but the maggots made it look alive.
>>
found a duck in my backyard
it just sat there didn't move much and stared sadly with its duck eyes which were also leaking a little fluid

then it stretched and it's body and fell over dead

dug a grave, picked some flowers and said some nice words
>>
>>2174892
Nah it ran up to me breathing and alive.
It didn't last long in my hands before dying though and as soon as it did ticks and mites started pouring off of it like survivors off the titanic.
>>
File: 20160109_094801.jpg (809KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160109_094801.jpg
809KB, 2560x1536px
>walking to work
>a few pigeons maybe fifteen feet in front of me
>in like one half second, they all take off and a hawk swoops down from a rooftop and catches one midair
>made a sound like slapping a pillow as it hit
>lands ten feet in front of me
>staredown, pigeon it's sitting on kind of weakly flapping a wing
>not sure what to do, so I do the dumb thing and take a step forward
>it gives me the hawk equivalent of an exasperated sigh and takes off, half dead pigeon still in claws, and lands on the other side of the street and starts eating
Here's a shitty picture.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.