[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /an/, cats recently came under my care. I moved to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: WIN_20160718_165107.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160718_165107.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hello /an/, cats recently came under my care. I moved to the countryside, there is a barn and a cat hanging out in there, who was fed by the kids of the previous tenants. I proceeded to feed it, it was a female. Cue litter of four, two died, probably shouldn't have touched them, as mother was not in the vincinity afterwards. She just left, I hope she's alright.
Now I have a troubled past with cats, when I was a shitty teen, I was still in the madness my mother (a downright crazy person) had wrought in the house. She is a hateful person, and when I was little, on holidays with her, she used to chase cats because they hunted birds.
So, as a teen, my friends and I had the grand idea to catch and torture a cat, I even thought it was some kind of proper revenge for birds... I will spare you the details, it's arab-kids-level.
This is the worst thing I have done in my life and I still feel guilty more than 20 years later -yes I'm an oldfag-
So now I have two little cats, pic related, roaming around and I'm worried something bad happens to them, like some twist of karma putting them on the way of deranged kids -though most are not as deranged as I was-, but that's just my paranoia.
I bottlefed them and now they follow me when I'm outside, answer my calls, they're very easy to catch (makes me uneasy, see above), they purr instantly when petted etc, human-bred cats it seems
I've wondered about neutering them but I find it repulsive, even if I have to deal with calls of cats in heat (both are female). I've done enough bad things to animals not to have them undergo surgery just so they are easier to live with.
Now my question: what the fuck is wrong with PETA? Everywhere I look on the internet, I see this fucking propaganda, “OMG NO DONT LET CATS FREE ROAM DONT LET THEM BREED :(((“
>>
File: WIN_20160718_165129.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160718_165129.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Okay they may get run over, caught by a fucking piece of shit like I was, they may fight with other animals, get hurt even die, but that's just nature mostly (except psychopathic humans), I'd rather see natural cats roaming as they wish. About their crazy reproduction rate, I plan on shutting them in when they're in heat, and sleep with earplugs!
But what's the deal with those PETA fags? I swear this reeks of social engineering, nothing of what they say makes sense from the animal point of view, it's only acceptable from the lazyfag owner's one.

Enlighten me /an/ and feel free to insult me
Nowadays tho I tear up if I imagine bad things happening to those little guys, and I'm 95% vegetarian.
>>
File: WIN_20160718_165038.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160718_165038.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Toxoplasmosis is a real thing!
>>
I'm too lazy to read all of that but I must say that those are some 10/10 cute kitties.
>>
>>2172285
>>2172286
>not sure if bait
>>
File: WIN_20160718_165115.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160718_165115.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2172332
It's not, I never had pets so I don't know much about them
Once I grew out of being a little piece of shit I was living in a city anyway, and understood that animals don't thrive in apartments

But I'm european so I'm not up to date with the fat acceptance amongst cats in the USA

Seriously, what is mistreatment: cutting up an animal's genitals and let him indulge in food so he becomes tubcat, or letting it outside so it can roam around, but perhaps unfortunately meet its demise sooner?
>>
If its a serious question, its to prevent further suffering. You may feel remorse but not every psycho does, you hear about it on tv all the time about cat or dog killers. Not to mention starvation and dehydration for those that don't know where to get any. Its ultimately for the best to neuter and spay them, and I say this as an animal lover.
>>
>>2172377
Are you seriously saying that stray cats or free roaming cats cannot find food or water on their own if they're not fed?
>>
>>2172388
almost all feral cat colonies are near cities.

they're not good at surviving without humans.
>>
>>2172285
What's with all this blog shit?

Just go to the point, fucking queer.
>>
>>2172286
>but that's just nature mostly
Nothing about the stray cat situation is nature. Humans have introduced this invasive species and it's population has blown the fuck out of control.
Cats do massive damage to the environment killing billions of birds every year and are to blame for the extinction of some.
I don't have cats myself, and there's no reason to cause harm to a cat that's already there, but the more you can prevent the next litter from being born, the better.
>>
>>2172389
Why wouldn't they roam near where there is food?

>>2172398
>muh billion birds
Holy crap lol

What's wrong with you people, I'm sure you gorge yourself on cows

>>2172395
The point: what's all this PETA shit about, the same you can see in this thread?
>>
Here's the skinny: your mom wasn't entirely crazy. Cats do hunt birds and other animals and can be considered invasive species
http://www.iucngisd.org/gisd/species.php?sc=24
https://abcbirds.org/threat/cats-and-other-invasives/

Really depends where you live. I love cats and I kind of agree with you that it's a dick move (no pun intended) to neuter them but it's hard to rationally argue against it. I've also lost a cat to FIV, almost definitely because it wasn't neutered.

Honestly do whatever the fuck you want, just know the consequences.

>>2172407
>I'm sure you gorge yourself on cows
That's a pretty false equivalency you got there.
>>
>>2172417
What makes you think I live in Hawaii or some place where rare birds are endangered?
>>
>>2172430
You probably don't, those were just some of the first links that explained "that PETA shit" that seemed to puzzle you. As I said there are other factors, one of which you've already experienced: having kittens, or getting your cat shot by a hunter or hit by a car or some shit (which is likelier if they're not neutered as they roam further away, and happened to another of my cats). Just ask cat owners around where you live.
>>
>>2172443
Yes, yes, we know all about that fear-mongering

Pretty impressive to see that such an issue is shilled as hard, on the internet

Really makes you think?
>>
File: 137954521016.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
137954521016.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>2172446
You're a retard and a fag. Jesus Christ you ask a question as to why people make arguments for neutering cats and get answers and go "wow, shills".

As I said earlier I don't particularly approve of neutering your pets but there's not much of a reasonable argument why you shouldn't, and you haven't tried to formulate one.

I really hope this was bait and not you trying to push your dumb agenda on 4chan like it matters in any way. Either way go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2172448
>not much of a reasonable argument why you shouldn't
>castrating animals and prevent them from living their animal life is perfectly allright

Who's got an agenda now?
>>
>>2172417
>>2172443
>>2172448
http://afternooncocktails.com/blog/2010/09/23/dont-spay-or-neuter-your-pets/
>>
Eat the cat
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.