[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's supposed to go up to 32c/89f today if i put my bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: bedbug-infestation.jpg (70KB, 704x469px) Image search: [Google]
bedbug-infestation.jpg
70KB, 704x469px
it's supposed to go up to 32c/89f today

if i put my bed bug infested chair in the car will they die?
>>
>>2171900
If in the sun, your car's internal temps can get to and stay at 120℉, possibly. Frankly, I wouldn't want to risk them getting into my car.

You could possibly try covering your chair in black garbage bags, sealing it as tight as you can, and leaving it in your driveway where it will be in full sun (though that's no guarantee, either) so that your car at least doean't harbor anything unexpected.
>>
really need to keep the chair?
you could burn the chair.
actually, wait. Would I burn my chair?
yah, I'd burn the chair.
>>
Kek
>His outside normal temperature doesn't reach 110°F
I can cook eggs using only sunlight. Trust at your temps that would be really risky probably won't do anything.
>>
>>2171900
i would drown the chair

>>2171908
he can just get the chair in a plastic bag and then inside the car
>>
>>2171900
>Implying only your chair has bedbugs

Even if that was the case no chair in the world would be valuable enough to justify taking any risks.
>>
Isopropyl alcohol kills bedbugs, just buy a big thing of it and pour it all over the chair.

>>2172110

Also this, you probably have them everywhere.
>>
You'll just fill your car with bugs.

Also if your chair was in your house, you likely have a full on infestation in at least one of your bedrooms.
>>
>>2171900
>it's supposed to go up to 32c/89f today
>if i put my bed bug infested chair in the car will they die?

Don't listen to these other guys. Yes. It will kill the bedbugs. Put your infested chair in your car.

Also, you can smother them without having to move the chair. Ask your neighbors for their blankets and cover the chair completely with them for at least 24hours to suffocate the bedbugs.
>>
File: KjHqQGv[1].jpg (80KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
KjHqQGv[1].jpg
80KB, 500x750px
>>2172195
>"put your infested chair into your car where they can disperse and find cool cracks and crevices to hide"
>"suffocate"
If OP falls for this shit, he deserves an infestation.
>>
>if i put my bed bug infested chair in the car will they die?
it would be extremely painful...
>>
>>2172193
I forgot to mention this when I gave my two cents, earlier, but yeah. If you see them on a chair, rather than a bed or something right next to the bed, you have a serious infestation.

Forget the car plan altogether. Call an exterminator, and have them come asap to do an inspection and get you a quote. Prepare for war, OP.
>>
op here

the bed bugs have been an ongoing problem, i used to care but the landlord and other tenants have left me in a hopeless place, pest control have literally told me the best option is to move

i have a bed that's the auschwitz of bed bugs which keeps me sane and comfortable but time and again they show up on other pieces of furniture

i'm just trying to hold out until i get my own place and will ditch everything, in the meantime i don't want to throw away almost perfectly good furniture (i'm already running low)
>>
>>2172300
You're going to have to throw it all away regardless, why not do it now? Start moving your important belongings to a clean place while you can.
>>
>>2172300
>op here
>the bed bugs have been an ongoing problem, i used to care but the landlord and other tenants have left me in a hopeless place
Check your state and local laws. Many states now have laws requiring landlords to make a genuine goodwill effort to remedy pest problems (bed bugs in particular) in their properties. Usually this will require management to call in a pest control company, have them inspect the facility(ies), and have them put some control strategy into effect.

>pest control have literally told me the best option is to move
Damn. If it is really that hopeless, my heart goes out to you.

>i have a bed that's the auschwitz of bed bugs which keeps me sane and comfortable but time and again they show up on other pieces of furniture
Look into interceptor traps as a way to possibly assess and limit the problem with your furniture.
http://citybugs.tamu.edu/factsheets/biting-stinging/bed-bugs/ent-3012/

Also, consider looking into food-grade diatomaceous earth. It isn't super effective, but strategic placement around your home can help kill some of them if they travel around, and limit their spread, and it's pretty cheap. It can help with many different types of insect pests, too.

Though it may seem a bit silly to some folks, there are online support group for people dealing with bed bug infestations, should you feel particularly drained or overwhelmed by your situation. Look into it if you feel like you need to vent your frustrations to people that will understand your situation.

>i'm just trying to hold out until i get my own place and will ditch everything, in the meantime i don't want to throw away almost perfectly good furniture (i'm already running low)
Getting new furniture while there is still an infestation will just result in your new stuff getting smothered in bugs, so keep your old stuff for now.

I'll have a follow-up post with advice about cleaning and storing items, as well as advice for when you do move.
>>
>>2172320
my plan upon moving is to ditch literally everything that isn't washable (hense not wanting to get rid of the little furniture i have) or to store it for at least 6 months in unheated, canadian winter storage

this has been going on for years, i'm basically used to it by now

i'm pretty good at keeping them mostly at bay, but this chair is big and plush and has lots of places for critters to hide and i really love it, the car thing was just a snowball's chance in hell i guess
>>
>>2172324
also, in an act of vindication

i want to keep the problem just so that i can be comfortable but the place is not rentable after i leave

i know for a fact i did not bring the bugs here and i know for a fact i'm the only person who took getting rid of them seriously, so fuck the owners
>>
>>2172324
>or to store it for at least 6 months in unheated, canadian winter storage
That's a bit of a crapshoot, honestly. Adults can survive for almost year without food, temperature depending. The cold may very well make the starvation period too difficult for them to survive, but bed bugs are much better at tolerating the cold than they are with heat. It would probably work, but frankly if you go to the trouble of finally moving somewhere uninfested, I wouldn't want to chance it.

Clean clothing can be de-bugged by putting it on the hottest dry cycle in a drier, for an hour or two. Clothes cleaned in this way should then be placed into containers that can be tightly sealed. If possible, it would be great to store as much of these cleaned and sealed containers offsite before you move, so that nothing hitchhikes on the container itself, or something somehow manages to weasel its way inside.

When you travel to the new home, have a fresh, certified clean change of clothing there waiting four you, and a clean pair of shoes. Once you arrive, get to a garage, mud room, or somewhere that you can strip down, and change into the fresh attire and shoes. Seal the old stuff for cleaning as described above, or pitch it, at your discretion. The shoe bit is an important consideration, as in a place as heavily infested as your apartment, it is possible for bed bugs to hitch a ride in the tread of your shoes/elsewhere on the shoe. So be sure to inspect them carefully, to prevent bringing a gravid female to the new home and winding up with bed bugs again.

See if you can talk to a pest control company, and ask if they have a heating chamber you could use for some of your stuff when you move. You'd put it in a portable chamber that can be heated to kill off the bugs, and remove the stuff after enough time has passed. It might be able to save some of your furniture.
>>
>>2172324
cold doesnt kill bedbugs though. they can just go dormant. only heat (or fumigation) will kill them completely and its got to be hotter than in a car on a (even very) hot day. :( im sorry youre dealing with this. my sister just got bedbugs. A dog she adopted came with an infested dog bed.
>>
>>2172331
>i know for a fact i'm the only person who took getting rid of them seriously, so fuck the owners

Then I strongly urge you to see if your province/territory has laws requiring that they make an effort to solve the problem. If such a law is in effect, and they ignored it, you might be able to file a complaint and get them in some trouble with the law.

>>2172356
Fumigation isn't terribly effective, either, unfortunately. Best bet is to have professionals come in and put down powders and gels in high-traffic areas for the bugs, and perform follow-up inspections and treatments until the problem is resolved.
>>
>>2172300
>Have no options but to live in a bedbug infested place.

This is kinda sad OP
>>
>>2172366
>gels
Meant residual sprays.
>>
>89F
wow i'ts fucking nothing
>>
File: bedbug graph.png (151KB, 778x521px) Image search: [Google]
bedbug graph.png
151KB, 778x521px
>>2172370
ehh.. it's not like i can't just up and move, i just don't want to
bugs aside this is an ideal place
i've lived here for years and i don't want to be driven out by some stupid bugs

i didn't put the chair in the car but i'm going to eat some horse wormer and see if that kills them

>it's okay because science
>>
>>2173688
You fucking madman. Tell us how it goes.
>>
File: TMV0814-pg81-2.jpg (110KB, 475x376px) Image search: [Google]
TMV0814-pg81-2.jpg
110KB, 475x376px
Try Cimexa -- it's chemically the same as diatomaceous earth (silicon dioxide), except because it is synthesized, the crystal structure is more uniform, and better at killing them
>>
>>2173688
It'll likely take several doses of it over a period of weeks for it to effectively kill them all since they don't all eat at the same time.
>>
>>2172428
Do you live in the Sahara?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>2172278
They are big bugs
>>
>>2173849
u
u
u
u
>>
>>2173847
I live in fucking Illinois and thats not hot.
>>
>>2173732
i'm not dead yet

>>2173836
the study i've read only has results up to 54 hours but i have heard that in really bad scabies cases people have been prescribed a dose a day for 30 days so i'm going to take a dose every two days this week and take a break for the weekend (i'm going away) and then take a dose as soon as i get home (the bugs should be extra hungry by then)

i'll figure out what i'm going to do after that later
>>
>>2171900
I would hope that the chair is not in your HOUSE. IS IT. You will never rid your house of the damn things and you will have to move. Serious.
>>
There is what sounds like a decent bed bug trap coming to the market soon. I've been following it for a while now because I'm terrified of getting bed bugs.

https://www.sfu.ca/sfunews/stories/2016/bed-bug-control-closer-with-scotts-canada-sponsorship.html
>>
This is a better article on the bed bug trap with an interesting description of bed bug rape.

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/building-a-better-bed-bug-trap/
>>
>>2175024
>bed bug rape
>wired

10/10 Expected nothing less retarded from this site but I got it anyways.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.