[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I teach my 7 months old female cat that that places like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1326238900536.gif (480KB, 270x164px) Image search: [Google]
1326238900536.gif
480KB, 270x164px
How do I teach my 7 months old female cat that that places like the dinning table are off limits?
>>
Squirt gun
>>
get a bunch of soda cans and put a few pennies in them. attach them all together with a tangle of string and leave them where you don't want her to go. She'll do it one time.
>>
>>2171131
But don't cats like rattling sounds?
>>
Bitter apple spray and aluminum foil that shit
>>
>>2171129
What about a water sprayer?
>>
>>2171131
>have new kitten 3 days
>come home, pile of dishes on the counter has been knocked over, none broken
>kitten has panic attack if you carry her anywhere near that counter
>>
you could try double sided tape. apperently cats hate to feel that on their feet. so just stick it where you don't want her to go, and wait to see if that works.

it might also help if you're there the moment she jumps on, and you immediately pick her up, tell her no, and put her down. that worked with the side table with my cat, but he still gets on the counter sometimes, because I'm not there the moment he jumps on.
>>
>>2172863
>it might also help if you're there the moment she jumps on, and you immediately pick her up, tell her no, and put her down.
this is what I do but she never learns
>>
>>2173452
Maybe u just gotta dumb cat
>>
Aluminum foil on the table. Cats hate stepping on it.

Cats will always do forbidden things when nobody is around. They're smart enough to know that they won't get in trouble if nobody sees them do the thing.
>>
>>2173582
Yeah she's very dumb.
My older cat can move the courtain to look outside without a problem but the kitten will just scratch the curtain until I open it to her. Dumb!
>>
>>2171474
Almost all dogs and cats hate the sound of coins rattling against metal. It's also a good behavioral corrector for dogs - Fifi won't shut up or lifts a leg on the couch? Shake a coffee can full of coins and screws at him and watch him immediately quit it.
>>
>>2173782
Opening the curtain for her is dumb because she's learning that scratching it will get her what she wants. If you catch her doing that, remove her from the room.
>>
>>2171125
If she sits on it, backhand right off the fucking table. If she gets the message, but still sits on the table and bails when she sees that you notice, chase her down, sit her on the table, and smack the crap out of her.
>>
File: 1469024420093.png (313KB, 413x484px) Image search: [Google]
1469024420093.png
313KB, 413x484px
OP here
Just tried the tinfoil
She likes it.
>>
>>2177888
Doublesided tape on cheap placemats. That way it is easy to just move the mats when you want to use the table.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.