[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I caught 4 Brown recluses by my bed. They try to eat each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160719_153357.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160719_153357.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
I caught 4 Brown recluses by my bed. They try to eat each other and get caught in the sticky trap. Fuckers by my bed though. Fuck tennessee
>>
>>2170836
ok. that's cool I guess.
>>
>>2170836
So how viable would these be as pets? I mean, would they live as long as normal spiders or would they die sooner since they aren't normally kept in captivity?
>>
>>2170836
That's what I like about living in Ohio
There's like almost nothing that can kill you in your sleep here
>>
>>2170840
Aren't spiders as a whole pretty resiliant?
I don't know what there natural life span is, but they're very low maintenance
>>
>>2170840
They thrive off of cardboard so you could atleast potentially make them happy. But you could only have 1 in a tank because they will eat eachother if you put more than one in.
>>
>>2170844
yeah I'd assume they wouldn't be too friendly with other spiders but that's neat too know if I ever find one then.
>>2170843
I think they normally live like 2 years or so? (I may be horribly wrong or off I'm just going off what I've heard) but I've never actually raised spiders before.
>>
>>2170848
Its about 2-4 years they generally live. But the females lay 2-3 eggs that contain about 50 hatchlings in them. That could potentially be 150 brown recluse spiders and even a bit in the right spot from 1 of them can kill you
>>
>>2170852
I figure you have to remove the egg sacks to prevent an over population of dangerous spiders but how high a chance do you think a wild caught female would have eggs waiting to be laid?
>>
>>2170860
Thing is, they dont need a male to impregnate them, they produce eggs on there own. So that is how the species has spread so easily
>>
>>2170867
oh. well good to know then If I do end up finding any or any widows I guess I'll have to watch for any eggsac. I'm guessing the not needing to have a male applies to all spiders? or just recluses? (also just wondering whether you or any other lurking anon knows, what would baby recluses/widows even eat? surely not crickets or grass hoppers if they're not even half the size of one?)
>>
>>2170869
They eat anything dead. Their favorite meal is dead creatures. Weather that is a cricket or a grasshopper or other spiders, or even ants. They eat anything. They are carnivores. If you put a dead human in there, it would eat the dead human. Obviously slowly but surely.

And for most species yes. However they are still capable of mating. But generally the males stay away because females eat the males. Its fucked up
>>
>>2170873
so for the babies if I can't find an adult or something feed them dead things until they're capable of eating live insects? (I wouldn't want to risk accidentally having the spider die if it couldn't take like a cricket or something) and alright I'll keep a close eye if I can find one/catch one then.
>>
>>2170877
It takes about a year for the egg to hatch and become an adult. And they can live a significant period of time without food or water. I'm talking over a week
>>
>>2170880
Yeah I think it's like 1-2 weeks for widows from the guides I've read though I assume it's the same for recluses. Thanks again anon. I'll still try to find an adult if I can to start since I imagine starting with younglings/babies would be more difficult for a beginner.
>>
>>2170842
That's what I like about living in Europe. I'm even safe from random muslim attacks since my building is like 80% poor muslims and I'm friends with a couple of them.
>>
clean your damn house
>>
>>2170916
Theres nothing on the floor bitch
>>
>>2170883
It is rather difficult to find them when youre actually looking for them. Where do you live? They are mostly in the midwest. Just remember there webs are generally on a lower level because thats where they want to catch predators
>>
>>2170936
I'll probably have to wait until I move (moving to North Carolina, heard there're widows there at least not 100% on whether there are recluses though.) but atm southern Virginia, I don't think I've ever seen a widow or recluse just common spiders sadly.
>>
>>2170938
brown widows and brown recluses are 2 different species. Both have venom but the brown recluses venom is one that can really kill you. The widow wont really hurt you. I dont know if you planned on raising deadly ones or not lol
>>
>>2170944
I was originally referring to black widows but brown widows would also be pretty neat. (probably slightly dumb for someone who's never had a spider but since widows tend to only bite if threatened seems doable.) but yeah I know the recluse is supposed to be pretty dangerous if it bites but from what I heard they like the widow won't intentionally target you unless threatened so I imagine catching/keeping one wouldn't be that risky if you watch what you're doing.
Just have to know where to look I suppose for either species.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.