[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently took in a feral kitten. It's doing really well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160717_220747.jpg (1MB, 1639x1639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_220747.jpg
1MB, 1639x1639px
I recently took in a feral kitten. It's doing really well but my brother is extremely allergic to cats. And this little guy loves to follow me around and jump on the furniture and beds. And so far he literally gives no shits if I throw him across the room, he will jump on the bed immediately and repeatedly. So my question, is there any way to reduce the amount of allergens an animal drops or is there a way to put something on a piece of furniture that will deter a cat from getting on it without bothering a human? I want him to be indoor as much as possible but I also want him to stay on the goddam floor and don't want my brother to be suffocating all the time.
>>
Plz halp
>>
/an/ is a slow board. It will sometimes take hours to get replies.

As for keeping him off in a way that won't inconvenience you, I got nothing. Can your brother take some allergy meds?
>>
>>2169902
>I brought in an animal and potentially exposed my pets and family to disease. Is there a way to help with allergies?
No, retard. There's nothing you can do besides giving the cat away or dispatching and disposing of it like you should've done when you found it.
You could also just be a selfish fuck and keep it anyway at the expense of your brothers quality of life.
>>
>>2169910
This isn't entirely true.

Vacuum more than usual. Wipe down the cat with pet wipes. Clean the box diligently. Pay for your bro to take some allergy meds. Keep the cat out of your bro's room. It is also possible he will start to build up a tolerance after a while.

You can mitigate things, but if he isn't willing to put up with it, then think about his feelings too.
>>
>>2169910
It was like two weeks old. I got blood work done, it was clean, I got it its shots. All that. Calm down friendo.

>>2169911
>>2169909
Thanks. He takes allergy meds. I vacuum often. I'll work on cleaning the cat more often and keeping his box clean. Maybe if I brush him he won't drop so much fur too. My brother also loves the cat so it isn't going anywhere.

I am just trying to figure out a way to make the bed and couch itself repel him without something that bothers humans.
>>
>>2169917
Some cats don't like citrus smells so maybe try spraying the couch down with a strong citrus scent?
>>
>>2169917
Might be a bit of a bother, but double-sided duct tape works wonders.
Though it depends on the cat if she'll avoid the place forever after touching the tape or if she'll try again.
>>
>>2169917
You don't need to brush him all the time. He looks to be a short hair, so 3 times a week will be sufficient. Giving him a little wipe down with some pet wipies with your 3X a week brushing will get you more mileage. Most of the allergens are in the saliva.

There are products at most pet stores to teach animals to stay off furniture, never tried any though. I have heard about using tin foil. They don't like how it feels on their paws. Again, never tried.
>>
>>2169923
>>2169924
>>2169926
I could try these. Impact is a disinfectant that smells like citrus. So it could both repel and kill allergens. If that doesn't work I'll try the duct tape/tinfoil.
>>
>>2169910
I wish I could see you in person Edge Lord. Asl? kek
>>
>>2169917
I built a tolerance. I have 3 cats and am allergic. I went from burning itchy eyes to nearly nothing as long as I don't physically rub my eyes on the cat.
>>
>>2169934
Good to know. Did you take any meds? How long did it take?
>>
Cats like and need to climb. At least get it a big cat tree so it has something its allowed to climb on.
>>
>>2169943
He's indoor/outdoor so he has actual trees to climb. I might try to see what I can add indoor for him though. Thanks.
>>
File: king.png (253KB, 461x429px) Image search: [Google]
king.png
253KB, 461x429px
>>2169910
"Nothin personal kid."
>>
>>2169931
>Muh edgies
Whoops--I forgot that pragmatism, common sense, and mitigating unnecessary risk was edgy. Then again I keep forgetting that catfags are mentally ill :/
>>2169983
not an argument
>>
I'm allergic to cats and tried to live with my friend that had one. I ended up in the hospital because of the mucus build up. For your brothers sake just get rid of the damn cat they're shitty pets anyway
>>
>>2170004
OP already gave you an actual response. We are just here to laugh at you.
>>
>>2169945
Letting cats outdoor unsupervised is stupid, even more stupid if their kittens.
>>
>>2170005
You do realize not everyone has allergies as bad as yours? Plus op said their brother loves the cat so I doubt he'd love it if his allergies are that bad
>>
either you or your brother get a job and move out you lazy neets
>>
>>2170005
I'm curious how you end up in the hospital for mucus build up?
>>
File: 1460041313989.jpg (62KB, 475x454px) Image search: [Google]
1460041313989.jpg
62KB, 475x454px
>>2170081
Are you like, for serious right now mang?
>>
>>2170088
why're you living with your brother then, if you're not some worthless hiki?
>>
>>2170091
I am neither hiki nor NEET and I have contributed more to society today than you have by shitposting. However I will not be baiting into giving a detailed description of my career and living accommodations to an anon on the 3DPD Pokémon section of a Mongolian tapestry forum.
>>
>>2170099
jokes on you mate, I'm a construction lawyer, you'd contribute more to society than me as a hikineet anyway :^)
>>
>>2170091
my brother lives with me. we both have jobs. better the roomie you know than the one you don't.
>>
>>2170004
Lol...Then please tell me why you are here sir
>>
>>2169940
No meds. Within a year. It's not gonna kill him don't worry. Everyone here is so dramatic lol.
>>
>>2170290
Why so interested, friend? Do you want to prove me correct still by not mitigating the risk to your personal being?
>>
Eat the cat
>>
>>2169910
You forgot your trip bugguy, also kill yourself.
>>
>>2169934
>>2169940
My gf also built a tolerance, took about 2-3 months for her.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.