[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/ fucking help me. I'm taking care of my sister's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1259_1468818034350.jpg (191KB, 1080x1845px) Image search: [Google]
1259_1468818034350.jpg
191KB, 1080x1845px
/an/ fucking help me. I'm taking care of my sister's 5-6 month old puppy and my current dog bit his ear and I'm fucking panicking. I couldn't get many photos cause I can't bear to look at it but I /think/ it might be slightly pierced at the edge and some fur in the ear came off.
I know I fucked up please don't remind me I think I'm having a panic attack
I'll post another pic in the comments but I think it makes it look worse than it does
>>
Neosporin.
Gauze.
Tape.
Vet.
>>
Disinfect it and try to stop the bleeding as best you can. Take him to the vet in the morning.
>>
File: 1261_1468818036643.jpg (119KB, 1080x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1261_1468818036643.jpg
119KB, 1080x1029px
>>
>>2169744
dont feel bad, that pupper is gonna have a real cool looking scar
>>
This is the equivalent of a little kid's scraped knee. That puppy's going to be fine.

Now, if what you're really worried about is your sister's reaction to the scab that might later become a little scar after she gets back, then that's understandable. Start thinking up some way to apologize.
>>
I just got a better look at it, it was pierced around this area
I'm 18 and can't fucking drive yet. My parents are old traditional fucks who don't want to take him to the vet
Am I really really fucked now?
>>
>>2169762
Not necessarily. Got anyone else to give you a ride? Favor to call in? Money for a cab? Uber?

I can't drive and I would always take my cat to the vet by using the bus route, before I moved in with people to bum rides from. You can look up and see if you have a public transport system near enough to you, if they stop a reasonable walking distance to a vet, and what their policy on animals is. My bus system allowed animals as long as they were in carriers, which shouldn't be a problem with a small puppy if you've got something to put him in. If you find you'll need to walk a great distance I recommend a cloth bag that can be slung over the shoulder over a clunky plastic pet carrier. And good shoes.
>>
>>2169762
fuckin chill. like everybody else has said, disinfect and gauze.

i think we might have to see a photo in some better light, because from what i can tell you and us are looking at two different injuries.
>>
How much would the vet visit cost?
>>
>>2169894
Call your local vets and ask for estimates
>>
>>2169744
>hi, an, my dog is a nigger because I'm a shit-owner that didn't raise it right plz help
Well, first of all you clearly have no business owning a pet...
NONE
O
N
E
Second, you should've immediately stopped the bleeding with whatever clean cloth is available AND applied some sort of anti-bacteria to the affected area.
Third, take gauze and adhere it to the pups wound. Do your best to make it form fitting and then tape the gauze. Be sure to use enough pressure that the tape will hold but without cutting off circulation to the dogs ear.
Fourth, it WILL need a vet to prep and suture that ear wound shut as I doubt you have the mental or physical fortitude to do so yourself.
Fifth, watch the dog like a hawk and make sure it doesn't start bleeding from the wound again. DO NOT REMOVE THE GAUZE IF THIS HAPPENS. SIMPLY APPLY MORE AND TAPE.
Lastly, surrender your dog because you shouldn't own a pet.
>>
>>2169916
Dude, assuming the animals were playing, it isn't the OP's fault. Dogs are like kids. Even the best behaved kiddos hurt each other playing sometimes. Same shit with dogs. They hurt each other playing sometimes. Accidents happen.

Jesus chill out.
>>
>>2169922
>Dogs are like kids. Even the best behaved kiddos hurt each other playing sometimes. Same shit with dogs. They hurt each other playing sometimes. Accidents happen.
This
>>2169916
Have you ever seen how dogs fight? This wasn't a fight. Probably OP's dog was annoyed by the puppy and tried to put it in its place (now puppy learned its place and won't bother the older dog). Dogs want to have their own space, some of them don't want to play 24/7. And puppies want to play 24/7. See the conflict here. Wolves do the same thing
>>
>>2169916
You're a fucking nigger
>>
You guys take your dog to the vet over anything, just clean it out with salt water and let it heal on its own jesus christ
>>
File: Elizabethan collar.jpg (45KB, 450x324px) Image search: [Google]
Elizabethan collar.jpg
45KB, 450x324px
>>2169744
Sometimes it happens, so you don't have to blame yourself for it and calm down, that is the first thing to do I think.For me It seems actually he needs vet's treatment, but you can't, right?

If I were you, I would prevent him from scratching his left ear with his left hind leg with an Elizabethan collar. You will able to make similar one.
It depends on the situation how dressing is better.
Then keep clean it and if could give him some drug regally with your responsibility
I took cephem antibiotics and NSAIDs for dogs.
>>
>>2169922
>anthropmorphizing animals
Shiggy
>>2170445
Did i imply they were fighting? Nope. One bit the other and puncutured its ear, thats not an accident--if you actually understood dogs then you'd know that. Compounded by ops inabilty to handle the situation its clear op shouldn't be caring for any animal outside of maybe one(1) fish.
>>2170477
Stop projecting, Jamal.
>>
>>2169916
Good to see /an/ hasn't changed since I left a few years ago.

Dogs hurt each other when they play. One of ours broke her jaw because she lunged at the other dog as it swung its head to turn around and run away like they always do. Shit happens.
>>
I've been working at dog daycares for years... and, If the picture is what it looks like, that's a pretty bad bite. You should get it stitched up or the pups gonna end up with a split ear flap for the rest of its life. That puppy probably pissed off your dog pretty bad. The pup should be fine either way, though. Its mostly cosmetic damage when ears are concerned. Either way, I'm not even if its as bad as the picture I'm looking at, would need better angles to tell. My opinion, Its mostly your sisters fault for thinking a inexperienced teenager could responsibly watch over two dogs. I wouldn't even trust most of my own coworkers with my puppy and they've been doing this shit for years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.