[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >have five backyard chickens, even built a fence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (18KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 500x441px
>be me
>have five backyard chickens, even built a fence and everything
>give them water and food everyday and even manage to make my own superworm farm as treats
>a few months later
>come home of the bigger chickens pecking and eating the little one
>mfw it was my favorite
>mfw I had to give them away

What went wrong? This all barely happened today
>>
>>2169610
Sorry about the typo I meant I came home to find that they had killed the small white one as they had pecked it to death and where eating it
>>
>>2169612
I fell fucking stupid for having to make a third post but of the five chickens two of them were the Chinese one's with feathers on their feet while the other ones were basic chicken hens
>>
Pecking order.
>>
>>2169622
How the fuck do I make them stop killing each other should I get just a bunch of Chinese next time?
>>
>>2169624
One thing you have to know about chickens is that they are like piranhas when it comes to boood. I'm not kidding. If they are hungry or lacking in protein and see blood on another chicken, they will harass and peck the bloody spot until the chicken is dead and they will eat it.

It could have just started out as a slight scratch or peck mark that bled, but once they realized it, they probably went fucking primal. Your smaller chicken was probably even more of a target because it couldn't defend itself.

Sorry this happened though. It always sucks to lose a good chicken for any reason
>>
>>2169610
>manage to make my own superworm farm as treats

This is the problem, chickens are just as much omnivores as humans. They should not be getting protein "as a treat" it should be an integral part of their daily diet.
>>
Did you forget they're dinosaurs?
>>
>>2169610
If this had happened to me, I would have killed every single chicken by hand.
>>
File: OItnWGv.jpg (42KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
OItnWGv.jpg
42KB, 480x270px
>>2169952
>>
>>2169952
Damn, that comment was so edgy I think I cut myself.
>>
>>2169610
It's also possible that the little one died and the others started pecking at it to make it get up. Chickens will do this, as a visibly weak chicken will attract predators to the flock, so they give the weak/injured one a hard time to make it get up and stop looking like such a target. If it was already dead or mortally injured, then the pecking would have escalated to drawing blood and then, as another anon mentioned, it was ON. Chickens are attracted to blood and will definitely cannibalize each other.
>>
Have you never heard the phrase, "pecking order?" It means chickens usually just hang up on the weakest chicken and peck the crap out of it, though not usually to death.

This is one of the reasons farms keep them in tiny cages. Do they don't hurt each other.
>>
Were they all hens?

Try heritage breeds, they're more used to getting along instead of being stuck in individual cages.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.