[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys I need some assistance My dog caught a cold a few days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1461208544684.jpg (54KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1461208544684.jpg
54KB, 692x577px
Ok guys I need some assistance

My dog caught a cold a few days ago, but 2 days later his nose strols got inflamated and he had difficulty to breath. But then he started to have difficulty to stand up, and now he doesn't move

He still eats, and ocassionaly barks but he doesnt move and has contractions when he breaths

Is it too late?
>>
please help
>>
>>2168895
>nose strols
yeah i heard those were fatal.

seriously though, eating is a good sign. make sure he drinks water, that is VITAL, try to force it on him, even dripping it on his mouth so he gets the idea. it could be that he is just sick, dogs can get bad viral infections. but, like humans, can only recover easily if they are well hydrated.

is he a small dog? i have had shih tzus and spitz my whole life, and this is pretty common, they are just jind of lazy so if they feel bad, they won't move unless they have to. be on the watch for bloody stools or mucus-y vomit, because those can mean something other than infection, and warrant a vet visit.

i hope he gets better, bro
>>
>>2168900
he hasn't vomited, he can breath now but he has contractions

i'm worried because he cant stand up and wont move, except when he is about to piss himself of barks because of some noise on the street
>>
>>2168900
as a comforting thought, barking and eating means he is probably hurting, but not actively dying. treat him like a sick human, and don't worry to much if he wants to lay for a while
>>
>>2168901
if he absolutely cannot get up, at all, wait a while, and if he stays that way for another day, take him to a vet. if he gets up to pee then he's okay, but probably in pain and short of breath
>>
>>2168902
>>2168905
Just gave him some water, and he lifted his head and moved a bit because he wanted more. That was kinda releaving

3 days after he caught the cold his rear legs became weaker and had difficulty to walk, now he cant stand up, I have no idea why, he wasnt hit by a car or anything
>>
>>2168911
could easily be a bad viral infection or it could be some sort of poison situation. if he is the same come monday, i would take him to a vet but my money is on a viral sickness.
>>
>>2168915
thanks a lot
>>
I'm back, and he hasn't got any better

He stretched his legs a bit on saturday when he woke up but hasn't try to get up yet

He still drinks water, but I have a hard time feeding him

The contraction in his abdomen when he breaths continues, with less frequency, and completely dissapears when he is asleep

I'm a poorfag college student, and my mom was sick too so she didn't work last week, thus having no money for the vet

Thanks in advance
>>
is his breathing noisy at all?

fluids are most important right now. feed him corn syrup or honey, it may stimulate his appetite. there's also something called "kitten glop"- it's for cats obv, but I don't see any reason why you can't use it.
>>
>>2170174
>is his breathing noisy at all?

Yes
>>
>>2170178
it's probably either influenza or an upper respiratory infection. one of those is treatable at home for like $10, the other you need to see a vet for. you should google them to see if you can tell, but the symptoms are pretty similar so you'd need a vet to know for sure.
>>
>>2170182
He hasn't cough nor vomit

>The classic signs of upper respiratory tract infections in dogs are very similar to those of the common cold in people. Infected dogs develop a cough, nasal irritation, sneezing, have a runny nose and may have nose bleeds. They may paw and rub at their face and develop a low-grade fever, breathing difficulties, exercise intolerance, lethargy and anorexia.

That one seems to be on point, it also kinda explains why his legs became weaker over time
>>
>>2170182
sorry: this post makes it sound like I'm condoning home treatment. whenever possible, you should go straight to the vet!
>>
>>2170189
>whenever possible, you should go straight to the vet!

I know bro, but his sickness came in a really bad (financial) moment
>>
>>2170190
Charge it on a credit card. Ask for money from a friend. Pull out a loan. If you really care about your companion then you can find a way.
>>
>>2170190
I just wanted to make that clear for anyone reading. this really should be treated by a vet, borrow money if you can or maybe someone else has tips for you.

I don't have a dog, I've treated my pet rats for URIs with antibiotics before but there's a lot more dogs can catch so I don't know if that's a good idea.

try giving him the karo syrup and keeping an eye on him. definitely get canned food or 100% meat baby food. it's really good if you can get him to drink and eat!
>>
>>2170195
>>2170197
I'll keep treating him, will get him to the vet as soon as possible, thanks a lot!
>>
>>2170203
found the recipe for kitten glop! this stuff is amazing for nursing sick animals back to health.

1 large can evaporated milk (goat’s milk is best but cow is ok) not skim
2 tablespoonsful plain active culture yogurt (not diet)
2 tablespoonsful real mayonnaise (not diet)
1 tablespoon light Karo syrup
1 package plain Knox gelatin
1 egg yolk beaten
1 cup liquid unflavored pedialyte ( or the homemade version)
Directions: Mix milk, yogurt, mayo and syrup well. Bring 1 cup pedialyte to a boil, mix in the gelatin, set aside. Mix the egg yolk with a small amount of the milk mixture and beat well. Set aside. Add gelatin and water to milk mixture. Beat well. Add in egg yolk mixture and again beat well.
Pour the whole mess into a covered bowl and place in refrigerator. It will last 2 weeks if kept covered and cool. Warm to room temp before feeding.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.