[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I kill/keep flies and mosquitos off my porch? I take care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Funny_Pictures_6073.jpg (120KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
Funny_Pictures_6073.jpg
120KB, 600x705px
How do I kill/keep flies and mosquitos off my porch? I take care of 3 feral cats and the food I put out for them attracts flies, which get into my house whenever I open the door and I don't want them getting any diseases from mosquitos. I need something I can use outside and is safe for cats

Also don't tell me to kill or get rid of them. They're all fixed and friendly but I can't bring them inside since my pet cat grew up as an only cat and last time he shared a house with another animal he got a bleeding stomach ulcer from the stress. I don't expect them to live more than a few years anyways
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 166x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 166x168px
>>2168857
>I take care of 3 feral cats
>>
>>2168866
I can't bear to put them down, and I can't bring them inside like I just explained. They're all fixed so it's not like they can reproduce

Anyways, answer the question. I'm sick of these bugs on my porch
>>
>>2168857
Several different kinds of birds eat flies and mosquitoes, also there are different plants that act as a natural repellent.
>I take care of feral cats
Nevermind. The invasive pets you "take care of" have probably ate all the local birds and destroyed native fauna as well. Enjoy your fucking bugs.
>>
>>2168857
I get them too from cat food.
But I can catch them and throw them at the wall usually.
There are huge versions of fly paper made for this that will catch bugs for damn near 6 months, especially mosquitos.
>>
>>2168888
Why would you throw cat food at a wall? Doesn't that just attract flies to the wall?
>>
>>2168857
Fuck off with your stray cats. You are the problem here.
>>
>I take care of 3 feral cats
so you're an eco-terrorist.
>>
>>2168886
This. Some swallows nesting on my premises keep the area clear of insects.
>>
>>2169246
Purple Martens eat a suprising amount of mosquitos in the evenings. Marigolds supposedly repel them as well.
Of course everything else has to be in balance as well, I highly doubt OPs situation would work if he has filthy feral cats living off of fly infested food.
Maybe move the food farther from your house if you insist on not fixing the actual problem OP.
>>
Eat the cats
>>
Screen. Birds and plants do not perceptively decrease flying insects in a particular plot of land like your years.
>>
File: IMG_20160717_105456.jpg (607KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_105456.jpg
607KB, 1200x1600px
What does it mean when cat offers liver?
Is this the highest honor?
>>
>>2168857
Easiest solution is to stop feeding, if they are feral they know how to feed themselves.
>>
>>2168857
Just put out a bowl of antifreeze. The smell will ward off the flies, and cats are naturally uninterested in it so it will be safe to have out.
>>
>>2169680
once I was doing pitfall traps for inverts and the fluid we used was antifreeze but a nontoxic one and the raccoons kept drinking it and eating the animals out of it and did not die or even stop.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.