[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need an anti-bark shock collar for a ~20 kg dog. The sort that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1465921515937-1.jpg (181KB, 463x463px) Image search: [Google]
1465921515937-1.jpg
181KB, 463x463px
I need an anti-bark shock collar for a ~20 kg dog. The sort that warns it with a beep a couple times before actually zapping the animal. The shocks can be weak, because the dog in question is kind of a chicken shit. Unfortunately also the loudest and most irrreformable one we ever had. It's either the collar or he won't be able to run around the garden.

Any good models you'd recommend?
>>
I have no expierence with bark collars, but I've read that they're not very good to use, among others because the shock collar might register other sounds (maybe a car door slamming or something) and shock the dog without it having barked, confusing the dog.
>>
>>2168721

Honestly, he's the only loud thing in the house. I don't kn ow how fucked up detection would have to be.
>>
>>2168607
My dog just learned how to bark in a way that didn't her
>>
>>2168607
I've had some strong bark collars on my dogs before, german short haired, and they barely fucking work if at all.

Not worth the trouble. Just learn to tolerate the barking.
>>
My dog is loud as fuck. Instead of getting a bark collar, I taught him the command "quiet". Every time he started barking I would say "quiet", and not interact with him. I'd also repeat the command as necessary to remind him if he was barking for a while. When he stopped I would praise him for "good quiet", and give him a ton of attention.

He learned pretty quickly. I don't tell him "quiet" every single time he barks, since dogs are going to want to bark. Just when it was really loud and obnoxious. He knows he can get away with quieter half-barks, so he's using those more and more. Now he only really goes off at full volume if there's someone at the door. Nothing we can really do about that, but at least it's short-lived.
>>
Have you tried exercising him you faggot?
>>
>>2169014
i love having a dog that barks at people at the door. I can take naps when I order pizza.
>>
>>2169106
weed, not even once
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.