[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /an/. This fox stops by everyday for food. He seems to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Snapchat-1936806536621160802.jpg (233KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1936806536621160802.jpg
233KB, 720x1184px
Hi, /an/. This fox stops by everyday for food. He seems to be the smallest and weakest, so I am trying to fatten him up. It appears he has mange, because of the bumps but I didn't take a very good picture. I always leave out some cat food and water for him so because it's a hit day outside. He comes out every day and he doesn't mind me sitting close to him to read a book.

Unfortunately today foxbro was injured by a bigger and more dominant fox, because I heard the other trying to steal his food and had him pinned down and was biting at his throat. I chased the other fox away and hit him by throwing an axe and yelled at it while I chased it away. After the fight foxbro was limping and had a hard time selling the food, so I boiled him an egg and mashed it. Foxbro just kept eating and looked at me gratefully and left the yard. I really hope he doesnt get bullied or killed by any other foxes, because he's surprisingly thin. I'll update what happens. What shall we name foxbro? Pic related, I leave food and water for him under the peach tree every day
>>
Just confirmed she's a girl, also I dunno why but she always takes a poo and pee in our neighbors yard before leaving
>>
>>2168133
>Has mange
Damn shame it's coat is worthless.
>>
>>2168146
I could be very wrong, but I see some bumps on her skin, so I suspect she does.
>>
File: Vixie.jpg (375KB, 942x933px) Image search: [Google]
Vixie.jpg
375KB, 942x933px
If it's a girl, then name it Vixie like the one from The Fox and The Hound
>>
If it gets bad you could try trapping her and giving her to a wildlife rehab
>>
File: 1467407290616.png (47KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1467407290616.png
47KB, 321x322px
>>2168206
Oh...
>>
Dude you hit one with an axe? I hope you didn't injure it, you could have just yelled and ran towards without risking another foxes health
>>
>>2168133
Name him lil nigga
>>
>>2168273
No worries, he was ok as it was a light axe. He bolted out of there but came back and he wasn't limping or anything when he came back
>>
>>2168339
>op hits a wild fox with a throwing axe
>proceeds to not give a fuck
>>
>>2168341
Yeah that fox was really something, much bigger and the alpha male or female. I had to shoo it off after it came back several more times because it really wanted to get to that food or harm the smaller foxsis.

Update: I bought some puppy chow as it's much more nutritious so I can put some meat on her bones. She seems really sickly but isnt limping quite as much anymore. I notice that she has trouble standing on one paw, though.

It was a hot day so when she was downing the chow I set out a tub of water with ice and she lapped it up before jumping off into the sunset. I'm determined to defy natural selection so this fox can live a happy life, because she's obviously the runt.
>>
>tries to hurt a perfectly healthy fox and rather wants a sick contagious one to thrive

Fucking why? Its mange is not going to suddenly get better and its at risk at spreading diseases to healthy animals.
>>
>>2168364
cause its cute and humans are irrational
>>
as a disclaimer this is not my normal board

few nights ago walking talking on my cellphone at night. see fox under the street light. fox looks at me starts running towards me. oh shit its about to go down. never seen a fox run towards a person. stay calm stand there its still coming. turn and walk away. it stalks me tree to tree for awhile. think maybe I should call animal control because thats not normal. Then I go to another neighbors house and he say man did I tell you about the fox. I left some food in a groundhog trap in the middle of the day and fell asleep outside in my lawnchair and woke up to a fox staring at me three feet away. Someone needs to kill it because its probably rabid. Then I'm thinking some asshat is probably feeding it. You are probably taming a fox to get put down for possible being rabid. Thats all I want you to know.
>>
>>2168364
Because he has compassion, unlike you you sick fuck
>>
>>2168498
>
I wrote it out of compassion. Training wild animals that carry rabies to come to people for food is practically a death sentence if you have neighbors. most likely your helping it not hunt for its own food and have other people call animal control on it. you don't know what compassion is. If he is in the middle of nowhere whatever.

also language this is family friendly board.
>>
>>2168498
Do you think nature has compassion?
If the fox can't survive on its own, then it will die
This is the real world not some happy cartoon where you get a pet fox
>>
>>2168505
Where on earth did you get the idea that I don't know how nature works? I know that that fox would die in the wild. But if the fox doesn't have rabies it's just a nice thing to do, letting an animal live.
>>
>>2168505
ok this board is clearly full of trolls or you didn't comprehend what I wrote. I dont want a pet fox.
>>
>>2168506
yes its nice but if you have neighbors it might be scary. if you are in the middle of nowhere whatever I would probably do the same thing
>>
>>2168505
This, OP is just allowing this weaker fox's genes to survive long enough to potentially contaminate the local population.
>>
>>2168133
By all means feed the vixen but taper the food amount day by day until she has to hunt for it on her own. Otherwise she'll rely too much on you and may not make it in the wild. You're doing a good thing OP.
>>
>>2168504
>this is family friendly board.
This site is literally 18+ only
>>
stop helping wild animals or you'll fuck up their genepool.
>>
File: Nobody cares.png (4KB, 614x239px) Image search: [Google]
Nobody cares.png
4KB, 614x239px
>>2168598
>>
>>2168599
if no one cared there'd be no reason to post this thread.
>>
>>2168549
this is stupid
almost all females breed
to think a sick fox's kits have any advantage over the tons of normal healthy ones is ridiculous
>>
>feeding pests

fuck you op
>>
>>2168598
Fuck off plont literally no one cares
>>
http://exoticpets.about.com/od/foxes/a/Pet-Fox-Diet.htm
make sure you feed her food that is good for her.
Name her runt
>>
Set out traps and see about treating that mange. Mange can do a lot of damage to the fox. A wildlife vet should be able to treat it with timed doses of ivermectin.
>>
>>2168631
people feed their children all the time
>>
>>2169049
top bantz
>>
>>2169049
two wrongs don't make a right, baka
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.