[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aq/-aquarium general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 62

File: blue dream.jpg (290KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
blue dream.jpg
290KB, 800x600px
- Blue Dream Shrimp Edition -

Continued from >>2165089

Discuss anything aquarium related here, including inhabitants, decor and issues.

Google is your friend.
Feel free to ask questions but know that there are a lot of resources out there that could answer your question a lot faster and accurately than /an/.

Make sure to include these things in your post before asking because we can't help you if we don't have the full picture:
-tank size
-parameters
-any and all inhabitants + how long you've had them

FAQ Section

>How to handle algae, snails, lighting, easy plants for beginners etc.) :

http://pastebin.com/KcJUJeV7

Links:
>How to cycle your tank: http://pastebin.com/x4WnB0Ah
>General aquarium care sheets - http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/
>Livestock and plants for sale - http://www.petsolutions.com/ http://www.aquabid.com
>FUCKING GOOGLE

We all make mistakes, so don't put anyone down - rather be helpful.
Chances are, you made a similiar mistake when you were starting out.

>Useful & Extensive database for aquatic plants and their parameters:

Flowgrow
http://www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticplants

>Cool Youtube Channels:

>Aquascaping -

James Findley/The Green Machine
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreenMachineLtd

Dennis Wong
https://www.youtube.com/user/xiaozhuangw

Filipe Oliveira
https://www.youtube.com/user/FaaoStudio

Oliver Knott
https://www.youtube.com/user/amanoshrimp

>Building your own shit/ Fish&Plant talk

King of DIY
https://www.youtube.com/user/uarujoey

Dustin's Fish Tanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dustinsfishtanks

Wayne's Fish World
https://www.youtube.com/user/samuelwaynefoleyjr

Aquarium related documentaries (German & English)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtkQ-oVBStx0EYRcwz3bHSA

KGTropicals - Mostly Cichlid Talk
https://www.youtube.com/user/KGTropicals
>>
File: cray1.jpg (444KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
cray1.jpg
444KB, 4608x3072px
accidently caught a crayfish, anyone have an idea what species it is?

going to keep it as pet.
>>
File: cray2.jpg (525KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
cray2.jpg
525KB, 4608x3072px
>>2168049
I'm guessing Orconectes limosus but I don't into crayfish, they weren't even a thing around here until recently.
>>
>>2168050
Check your local state's fish and wildlife website and look for the crayfish species
>>
>>2168064
we don't have native crayfish.
>>
>>2168066
Apply running water.
Also they smell terrible if you get a few.
>>
>>2168067
I'll buy a pump/enclosure for it tomorrow, rainwater should be fine right?

used to have a crayfish as pet when I was like 8, I think that was the same species and it lived pretty long so I'll just treat it the same way.

it'll survive in a shitt bowl of rainwater with a hide for a while right?
>>
File: P1MBcpq.jpg (754KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
P1MBcpq.jpg
754KB, 2592x1456px
Rate me boys it's a 10gal with a school of longfinned Zebra dannies
>>
>>2168071
They need water moving over their gills at all times, not air bubbles, so you need some strange equipment. Not sure what.
>>
>>2168071
I depending on the species, I'd check if your water has enough minerals/isn't too soft, otherwise your cray may get molting issues. Also Most crays like brown leaflitter, so dump that in your tank. Almond leaves, oak and maple should be safe.

Just make sure to get the temporary bowl aerated, depending on how long you keep him there. So either keep oxygen in the water by changing it, or putting an airstone in it.

But it shouldn't be an issue, since crays are quite hardy and undemanding. Some are prone to escaping, so beware of that.
>>
>>2168073
I'm usually not a fan of non planted setups, but you pulled off that rocky look rather well. maybe even get some more rocks. could do some cool hardscape with it.
>>
>>2168082
there is no information available on what I think the species is when it comes to care, but it's invasive here so it should be with pretty much everything except tap water.

leaflitter is going to be an issue if I'm putting it in a tank with a filter.

>depending on how long you keep him there.
just one night, it should be alright.

just gonna toss it in a 7-10G with some rocks, they hardly ever move from their hides anyway.
>>
File: 1464783167614.gif (102KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1464783167614.gif
102KB, 500x343px
One of my 7 Espei Rasboras are missing in my main tank. It's very uncharacteristic for them to hide, and now I'm worried one of them could've died from swim bladder like the original one. His corpse could've been dissapeared by my Amanos and snails, or maybe it jumped out of my open top and I've yet to find his crispy dried body. Everyone else looks healthy, there's even two males squabbling with each other

Is there any worse feeling than knowing one of your fish is missing and having no idea where it is or what happened to it
>>
>>2168098
Leaflitter should be ok, if it sinks to the bottom. Even in my tank with a higher flow, where I kept loaches, the filter never got clogged by the dead leaves, if that is your concern.
>>
>>2168050
those are good eating, anon. fry em up
>>
>>2168115
too late, I already named it.
>>
>>2168045
>look up blue dream shrimp
>70$ a piece

Well never mind then.
>>
can someone redpill me on CO2 for freshwater aquariums? Just how much do plants need it and can I make it homemade/diy? How?
>>
>>2168194
>how much do plants need it
Depends on how many plants and what kind, if you only have a couple plants you don't need it. If you want a heavily planted tank it's a must.
>can I make it homemade
Yes there's multiple options, the easiest is yeast and sugar water mixed in a water bottle. There's also paintball and other co2 diy systems.
>how?
I personally like the paintball style since it's closest to a commercial co2 system. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/20-diy/115850-paintball-co2-injection-diy-setup-tons-photos.html#topics/115850?_k=wtfean I would recommend getting a bubble counter, the main problem people have with co2 is that they dose too much and kill their tank.
>>
>>2168193
Lol, where you at? You usually find them under 5 $.
>>
>>2168201
I read the site again it was 6 for 69$ but looking at other sites it's closer to 5$.
>>
Anyone ever keep any glass catfish?
>>
I had brown algea for 2 weeks which turned green suddenly. I had a vacation coming up, I left for 5 days but the night before I got 2 amano shrimp, because you guys told me to, thanks a lot guys, it worked very well
>>
File: PicsArt_07-15-04.38.39.jpg (585KB, 1773x1773px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_07-15-04.38.39.jpg
585KB, 1773x1773px
>>2168271
oops i thought i had the pic,
algea pic was from monday (4 and a half days ago) clean pic was from today when I got. I had slight algea all over the tank and plants but this rock was the worst
>>
File: 20160715_202850.jpg (125KB, 371x353px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_202850.jpg
125KB, 371x353px
>buy 5 neon tetras for community tank
>4 die
>buy some more fancy guppies to accompany my 2 in there
>they all survive
>the lone tetra now schools with the guppies

Is he gonna make it, bros?

I was just going to feed him to my clawed frog, but if he's happy schooling with guppies, he can stay
>>
>>2168344
If he's schooling with the guppies he might be fine. I'm guessing your tank stocking is maxed if you can't afford 4$ for 4 more neons.
>>
>>2168355
I just kinda said fuck it with the neons, I've had guppies before and their hardy as hell so I decided to make those my schooling fish instead. It's a 10 gallon so I only have enough space for 1 school of small fish according to my estimates

I think it's funny seeing him try to fit in with the other fish. And it's cute because they don't seem to mind him at all, he just follows them like it's no big deal
>>
>>2168377
Well he should be fine for awhile, if he starts hiding off on his own feed him to your frog.
>>
>>2168122
What's the name?
>>
>>2168045
>look up "blue dream"
>it's marihuana
WHY DOES THIS HOBBY ALWAYS END UP IN WEED??
>>
>>2168098
What was the pH and conductivity of the water where you caught it? For most crayfish leaf litter and rainwater would be too soft and erode the shell over time.
>>
>>2168207
Expensive and touchy as fuck all, why?
>>
>>2168071
it's a rusty crawdad, they're invasive
>>
>>2168413
Speaking of crayfish there's this tiny little stream running under a bridge on a nature trail, it smells like shit but there's a few crayfish living under there. I think the stream is from a sewer or something, not sure what's causing the smell. What kind of crayfish would live in those conditions?
>>
>>2168073
10/10. If you get some marimo moss balls (you can order them online) and split them open you can attach them to rocks and stuff to give it that really old ancient algae covered look without all the bad effects of nuisance algaes.

But you do you man.
>>
>>2168272
2 amano shrimp can make that much of a difference?

No way.
>>
>>2168397
You know, this makes me wonder, what would happen if you tried using your fish tank as a giant bong, just like in that scary movie scene?

Does anyone know if THC can hurt fish? The smoke in the air bubbles most probably would, but what about the THC itself?
>>
>>2168397
>>2168478
P.S. if you put in "aquarium" at the start of your search it usually cuts down on all of the nonrelated BS.

So try "aquarium blue dream" and see if it helps.
>>
>>2168478
THC makes fish retarded and swim sideways. Don't do it.
>>
>>2168159
Did you buy them on a credit/debit card? You can contact your bank and tell them the store lied to you about what they were selling and refused to offer a refund. The bank will refund the purchase price and more or less force the LFS to reimburse them.
>>
>>2168537
I did this and now I don't go back to the only fish store in town. I bought a used 120 gallon fish tank with fixed cabinets and canister filter. Filled her up for a leak test at 8:00 AM and everything was fine no leaks. Went to bed later that night after checking on it and woke up to 20 gallons of the 120 gallons on my floor.

Luckily it was in my basement and I could just push the water down into the drain on the floor, but the cabinets were ruined, the tank obviously had a leak, and the canister was fried.

They wouldn't take it back because the tank was 'certified' by a 'credited inspector' before sale.

Company I worked for let me use their lawyer because they're bro as fuck like that and she told me to just do a charge back. I did that, but since it was a rather large bit of money they tried fight it. The lawyer essentially stone walled them. Apparently small family businesses that sell pet fish don't want to spend what little money they have in court.
>>
Any tips on keeping floating plants out of the filters suction? They dont get caught in the intake but all stay in orbit around the filter so that my Frogbit is always on one side of the tank in the filter's shadow
>>
>>2168396
Bouillon, it's dutch for broth.
>>2168413
all crayfish are invasive here, they aren't a thing outside of the rivers in the south.
>>
File: boullion1.jpg (752KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
boullion1.jpg
752KB, 4608x3072px
bouillon is a content cray.
>>
File: boullion2.jpg (605KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
boullion2.jpg
605KB, 4608x3072px
>>2168630
also here's a picture of his colors, the water is still a bit troubled so the details aren't great.
>>
>>2168045
Well I was just watching my Kuhlis rooting around and noticed one had these red strings coming from it's anus. It seems I have Callamus worms, does anyone here have experience with them?
>>
Saw some serpae tetras at the LFS. Anyone have experience with them? Want to put them in my planted tank with some RCS but can't seem to find if they will eat live plants.

Or what are some fish you all reccommend for this?
>>
File: 1468679299558231418541.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1468679299558231418541.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
What is this and can i use it to carpet my tank? I live in texas, its by a pond
>>
File: 1468679347460-1117080402.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1468679347460-1117080402.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>2168674
Or can i just add it even if it doesnt carpet?
>>
>>2168675
I don't think it'll carpet but you can add it just clean it really well.
>>
>>2168678
It seems to grow up but I read that carpet plants grow up without high light and this is in the shade, could it be that it grows horizontal with bright ligh?
>>
>>2168679
Possibly, I'm not too familiar with pond or carpeting plants.
>>
>>2168669
>Camallanus worms

They're bad fucking news and a pain in the ass to treat. I simply had my local Petco refund everything on my tank and started brand new again since the tank was only 6 weeks old. All my plants, substrate, and other stuff I couldn't do a safe bleach dip in were thrown out
>>
File: reef.jpg (550KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
reef.jpg
550KB, 1280x674px
how feasible is a low-cost, relatively low maintenance nano reef tank? i dont have heaps of money but my dad was a bit of an enthusiast so i already have a bit of equipment. no protein skimmer or anything like that though. i want to focus mainly on working up a really nice landscape (live rock and plants) with a few fish but not going too crazy. i have a 23l fluval edge. please kill my dreams

also unrelated question but would it be okay to keep a betta with a small amount of cardinal or neon tetras?
thanks in advance
>>
>>2168756
You can do a nano reef but it won't be low maintenance that's. Nor would you have fish. Maybe some shrimp.

Bettas usually do well with tetras. My betta usually ignored them only once did he ever chase them.
>>
>>2168756
Is the light on that tank even good enough for corals? Or are you looking at live rock and macros only?

Most bettas will get along with neons and cardinals, but you should have an appropriately sized tank if you're going to do that (10 or 15 gallons, respectively).
>>
File: boullion3.jpg (516KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
boullion3.jpg
516KB, 4608x3072px
how much do crayfish eat?
>>
>>2168794
Generally as much as you give them, but they don't need very much to get by, like a quarter of a pea a day and something meaty once a week.
>>
>>2168801
How do you even quarter a pea is the real question here.
>>
>>2168801
I gave it like 6 grains of crusta menu but it's searching for more now.
>>
File: nothin personnel.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>2168807
with precision
>>
>>2168814
That's basically all they do, same as fish.
You can put some minnows or shrimp in there for it to hunt if you want to give it something to do.
>>
>>2168672
Serpaes won't eat your plants.
>>
>>2168848
the tank isn't cycled though, will the fish be fine?

>atleast until they're eaten.
>>
>>2168672
Serpaes have a reputation for being bitey fuckers. They won't eat plants, but they may go after all your shrimp.
Threadfin rainbowfish are among the safest schooling fish to keep with shrimp on account of their tiny mouths.
>>
>>2168858
Light feeding and frequent water changes can help keep the ammonia at tolerable levels for both the fish and crayfish. It's not ideal, but it won't kill them.
>>
>>2168875
I'm using rainwater so ammonia isn't going to be an issue I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Rate my tank friends
>>
>>2168876
It may come up nonetheless, when organic waste isnt disposed of.

Also since you are using rain water, make sure you are not below 5ish hardness, 10 would be better even, so he doesnt run into molting issues. So to prevent that, you could harden your water by adding rocks that have some Calcium or crush some cuttlefish bone and add it into the filter.
>>
>>2168885
I could just add 1/4 tap water.

there's slate in her enclosure, I'm not sure if it's rich in calcium though.

I caught her in an area with a low ph though, a lake filled with rainwater.
>>
File: 20160426_144642.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160426_144642.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Getting my pond tank going, with the purpose being a somewhat self sustaining pond-esque ecosystem, aside from occasional addition of water, and the use of an artificial light source.

Has anyone worked with Triops longicaudatus? I understand that the eggs may need to undergo a drying period before hatching and creating the next generation of Triops, is there any way to overcome this? I have heard mention of them laying "soft eggs" that can hatch easily.
The goal is to get some adult triops surviving to be too big for my mosquitofish to eat, but have the young be available as an ongoing healthy food source. (On top of mosquito larvae and the plants they forage in the tank)
Also, I have a pregnant mosquitofish female, and she is being stressed out by the males in the tank (2 males, 1 female). If I separate her to a smaller tank alone, will she birth? Or be stressed out by the separation?
I understand that this is a bad ratio for mosquitofish due to the males being rapey assholes, and I am hoping to get two females from this batch of fry to balance it out. (3 females, 2 males)

Ultimately this tank project is turning out pretty well. I even have a newt larvae ready to eat the extra mosquitofish fry that begin to establish in the tank. I cant find any local plants that grow vigorously without CO2 though.
>>
>>2168877
Tank/tank.
Thanks for the tank, I thank it looks dank.
>>
>>2168887

argonite, dolomite, limestone, coral
and tufa stone harden your water, slate doesnt. So just add one of those, doesnt have to be much.

1/4th tap sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>2168876
No bully, but I'm curious what you think it is cycling a tank does.
>>
>>2168913
I'll just crush some shells and put them in the filter.
>>2168920
I don't into tanks m8, last time I cycled a tank was 12 years ago and I don't know why.
>>
>>2168891
My understanding is that triops are too chitinous and their shells are too hard to make them a good food source.

Separate the female fish, she'll be fine on her own. You might still have aggression issues with 2m:3f. You can put just females if it isn't working out.

Are the fish in with the newt? I'd be afraid of them biting its gills off.
>>
File: lovely little lemon berries.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
lovely little lemon berries.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Hell yeah! That was faster than I though, and in this heat, too.
>>
File: water-fleas-laguna-design.jpg (70KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
water-fleas-laguna-design.jpg
70KB, 900x674px
>>2168891
this won't work with triops, just dumb a load of water fleas into the pond and they'll reproduce
>>
>>2168925
just realized this is going to be a tank simulating a pond

I don't think this kind of thing can be anywhere close to self sustaining with predators
>>
>>2168921
Aquatic animals "exhale" ammonia through their gills and waste (solid and liquid). Also, any decaying plants, animals, or leftover food will raise ammonia levels.
"Cycling the tank" refers to culturing nitrifying bacteria that grow on surfaces (mostly in the filter and substrate) which convert ammonia into nitrate, a far less toxic form of nitrogen.
To fully cycle the tank usually takes 4-6 weeks, but mud/plants/whatever from established water (including lakes or rivers) will help speed it along. In the meantime, light feeding and frequent water changes are the best way of controlling ammonia levels.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x460px
Are there any companies that ship fish to Canada?
>>
>>2168925
They didn't seem to take when I tried it. I am fairly sure that there was a corresponding boom in water-mites and hydras that ended up wiping them out. Triops get bigger so I figured there would be a better chance of getting a breeding population.

>>2168923
While the Triops were tiny I assumed it would be no issue for the fish to munch them.
They are in with the newt, and they occupy pretty different levels in the water. The fish will come down to examine him every now and then, but he usually gives them the stink-eye and they swim off. The only aggression they ever showed was chasing him away from food when it was young. It is still larval, but about 3 inches now. Much bigger than the fish. I've raised two newts now in the presence of the mosquitofish and they've all been fine.
I am keeping the whole shebang in a 30 gallon tall tank, and I figured that with plants I could create enough shelter for everything to develop. I have two other tanks to move everything back and forth in until I find something that can maintain a good prey population.
>>
File: 1468690215186.jpg (173KB, 677x420px) Image search: [Google]
1468690215186.jpg
173KB, 677x420px
picked up some of this stuff from a near pond, (and i posted about it in this thread earlier today) 30% of it was underwater, the rest was on the edge, and pretty wet. i made a thread and a helpful anon told me it was Callitriche nuttallii and im pretty sure its that since im frorm texas

my question is has anyone grown callitriche in their aquarium? is it not fit to live 100% underwater? or can i have some success?
>>
If I went to a pond nearby would I be able to take pictures of the crayfish that are living there so someone could i.d them? I mentioned it earlier in the thread, they're in a really smelly creek that goes under a bridge.
>>
>>2168939
it's more of a shore plant, it's not going to do well fully submerged.
>>
>>2168877
10/10. How many of those are live plants?
>>
>>2168948
Looks like maybe 1 are real.
>>
>>2168948
Thanks! None. It's my first tank so I did a pretty simple setup, tried to make it look as realistic as possible though
>>
please >>2168560
>>
>>2168959
Put a filter sponge on the intake.
>>
>>2168674

looks like Bacopa monnieri, you can add it to your aquarium just fine, it's a common stem plant, but it won't carpet.
>>
>>2168877
8/10 needs more live plants
nice wood tho
>>2168891
How can you tell female from male mosquitofish? How big is your tank anyway?
>>2168924
That's a fat bitch, congrats daddy.
I have 2 preggo female ghost shrimp, but my pregnant ladies always seem to die off quickly. Good luck on your little lemons.
>>
>>2168959
reduce the current? there's not really any way to stop water from circulating. frogbit is more for still ponds.

>>2168939
try it and find out! worst thing it will do is die assuming you bleached it.

>>2168858
the fish will be fine, just don't add a ton at once. dunno if you have a filter and everything, but you might want to look into putting plants in there. they'll take out the waste and add in oxygen. plus I think crayfish eat plants, so try something fast growing like elodea or frogbit. depending on where you live, you might be able to just find suitable plants.
>>
My ph is a tad higher than id like it to be. After a 25% water change its still up there. My tap water is also high so how do I go about lowering it? I see the pH down stuff at the LFS but not too sure about putting chemicals into my tank after some new fish arrived.
>>
>>2169001
Don't mess with PH. Changing the PH has a lot higher chance of killing your fish than letting your fish adapt to that PH.
>>
>>2168939
Looks like a marginal plant, so if you want to grow it submerged you'll need tons of light and CO2. Even then it may not survive submerged.
>>
>>2169001
If you want to change the pH, do it by adding peat and driftwood. Don't use bottled chemicals.

What's your pH, and why do you want it to be different?
>>
>>2169001
chemicals are temporary and the fluctuating pH will hurt your fish more. you don't need to worry about the pH for most fish or plants, but you can add driftwood, almond leaves or peat that will lower your pH.
>>
>>2169001
Get Amazonia substrate or any other ph substrate to lower the ph. You can also put Indian almond leaves in there. Don't do chemicals you'll just end up causing a crash. What is it at?
>>
>>2169012
Its 8.2, I have guppies and other community fish and believe it to be on the higher side. But if they will be fine with it then no more worries.
Thanks everyone.
>>
>>2169020
Guppies should be fine at 8.2. If you want to bring it a little lower, put some almond or catappa leaves in the tanks, or more driftwood. But livebearers can tolerate higher pH, so your fish should be fine.

For what it's worth, your test kit might be wrong, especially if you're using the strips.
>>
File: fucking.png (111KB, 327x308px) Image search: [Google]
fucking.png
111KB, 327x308px
>>2168924
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Rate
>>
>>2169102
seems pretty crowded, which makes that big open area weird. needs driftwood or a rock or something.
>>
Rate?
>>2169125
>>
>>2169102
It needs some rockwork or wood, especially in the center, and the hydrophila ont he right could stand to be trimmed.
All in all, it's pretty nice, though.
>>
File: 162017-004-55658173.jpg (91KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
162017-004-55658173.jpg
91KB, 600x400px
>>2168973
30 gallons, much bigger than 3 mosquitofish need. The female is bigger, and has a gravid spot near her anal fin. Males also possess a specialized anal fin for copulation.
>>
File: tumblr_oafxt7D9EP1vs1e73o1_1280.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oafxt7D9EP1vs1e73o1_1280.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
rate my betta i bought him today
>>
>>2169144
Stressed/10 he'll probably be a nice purplish color in a few days though.
>>
>>2168940
I'm no cray expert but I could give it a shot if you also tell us the location.
>>
>>2169153
It's in a place in CA called Folsom. 99% suburbs, It's a really tiny pond made from a creek. It smells terrible, but somehow there's crayfish living there. The pond is dirty, and it's under a small bridge, so I couldn't tell if they were colored or just brown/black.
>>
>>2169127
Looks fine and concise to me.
>>
So I'm setting up a 40g tank and I'm using a Odyssea EX 350 DX Internal Filter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AARQRZO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) on it currently. Does anyone else use this filter or are there any other recommendations for filters (perhaps I could use this as a secondary then)
>>
>>2169156
Never even heard of it but if it has a 350gph flow rate and a decent media set up it'll be good. Try it out and if its shit get an aquaclear 70.
>>
>>2169156
I just got an Eheim Classic. It's incredible, super silent. I got one cheap on Ebay, but if that's out of your price range get a SunSun canister.

Anyways the one you're using can't be good for more than biological filtration... definitely buy at least a HOB.
>>
>>2168467
crayfish are highly adaptable and evolve pretty fast, its like how tomatos grow in sewage
>>
>>2169169
Yeah, I can tell that much from where they're living. Would they be better off if I took them out of there? At least one of them, I only saw two but there's probably a little more.
>>
>>2169154
That's like an hour away from me. Seems like 90% of /an/ons are from California.
>>
>>2169154
I live by folsom, small world.
>>
>>2169172
Could you provide a picture of the crays maybe? If you happen to visit the place again.
>>
>>2169194
Weird. I know I've seen people that have mentioned being nearby here.
>>2169195
I'll try to go tomorrow, but it's been 100+ here and walking around in this weather is terrible. I haven't even bothered with pokemon go because it's so bad here.
With the crayfish I was thinking they'd be my first attempt at having a tank, I haven't raised anything but I've been doing a bunch of research, although it's been on bettas I think crayfish are also pretty cool, same with crabs.
Problem is I need to get hired somewhere, so much like everything else I'm just trying to do prep work. Got laid off back in June.
>>
>>2168929
when the tank is cycled fucking algae will start growing everywhere right?
>>
>>2169203
Algae will grow no matter what, if there's excess minerals, organic nutrients, lighting or any other imbalance, isnt correlated with cycling.

>>2169196
I remember you. Gave you advice on how to take care for bettas.

Crays are even more basic. Depending on the species, an ideal setup could be
just substrate, with plenty of places to hide in rocks/wood and a good filter (crays are messier eaters than shrimp)
as well as good surface agitation from the pump(or use an airstone for extra oxygen).

Since many crays eat plants, your best bet is just keeping floating plants. Also make sure your rock/wood is safely in place, since some species like to dig a lot.

You could even run the tank without light, but some basic cheap one will do too. Just dont let it get too bright. You can cover the bottom with maple, oak or indian almond leaves, since they like to munch on that and the humins in there are anti fungal/bacterial.

Feed boiled broccoli, peas, zucchini, spinach and on occasion blood worms. You can also give the cray some cray pellets, but some contain too much protein, thus it shouldnt be his only food source.

Water hardness should be of concern if you have extremely soft water from the tap, which could lead to molting issues.
>>
>>2169236
I'll save this as well, thanks.
>>
>>2169237
Oh and if it hasnt been mentioned, crays are escape artists, so keep a tight lid on the tank.
>>
My bettas being a cunt and wont leave my corys alone so im gonna have to put him back in the 2 gallon.
>>
>>2169331
Never heard of a betta spazzing out over corys. Guess you have a psycho sadly.
>>
>>2168073
Looks really good.
>>
>>2169333
He just ripped one of there fins of in front of me, I think he just has really bad eye sight. I just don't like him being in a 2.5 but I cant afford another tank rn
>>
>>2169203
the opposite. it's the same idea as with algae blooms. an uncycled tank is higher in undissolved fish waste, which contains nutrients like nitrogen that the algae need.
>>
File: boullion23.jpg (747KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
boullion23.jpg
747KB, 4608x3072px
do you like my tank /aq/?
>>
>>2169370
looks good! a little cloudy but that should clear up. what kind of plants are those?
>>
File: hyd1.jpg (986KB, 4147x2765px) Image search: [Google]
hyd1.jpg
986KB, 4147x2765px
>>2169371
it's not cloudy, that's just the wall behind it.

hydrocharis morsus-rana, I collected them today.
>>
My glowlite tetra is white, belly up but still alive. Should I kill it? How do I do this in the most humane way possible? I read online about cutting the head off but he's not even an inch big. ;_;
>>
>>2169372
very pretty. I don't think we have that plant in the states.

your water is definitely cloudy, it's not just the wall. shouldn't matter tho.

>>2169375
get clove essential oil from the store. if you can't find it... if people can quarter a pea you can behead a fish. just make it quick and it's humane.
>>
>>2169388
I'm at an office on a Sunday. No clove oil, no knife. I was reading that I could freeze him?
>>
>>2169388
it looks pretty clear from what I can tell.
>>
>>2169390
freezing would kill it, sure. it's a slow death though.

if you have alcohol or alka-seltzer on hand that would do it. or just give him a thwack and then freeze him.
>>
>>2169396
freezing is pretty fast with cold blooded animals, they stop being able to function within like 30 seconds.
>>
>>2169396
>>2169397
The person with the freezer is a pussy and didn't want to have the fish, in a bag in there. I ended up putting him quickly in a tissue, folded it and hammered. I feel really bad.

Will it be contagious? A few months ago I had another death. I want my other fish to be healthy.
>>
>>2169399
fish die constantly, it's normal.
>>
>>2169397
I'm just going off the AMVA guidelines.

>>2169399
it happens! that's a good way to kill the fish though- you put it out of it's misery quickly. two deaths in several months isn't anything to worry about.
>>
>>2169401
My girl's belly is white/cloudier than the others and she's breathing more rapidly than the others too. :(
>>
>>2169404
>>
Started cycling my 10g shrimp tank today and want to put in some live plants. Been thinking of Java moss/ferns and other low light plants. But the question is, how exactly do I make it 'low light' the fixture I planned on using was a leftover T5 plant bulb.

Basically, for these low light plants, is there a thing as too much light or as long as I am not shining multiple T5 HO bulbs on them they will be fine.

Also, I assume low light plants don't need pressurized CO2 and Flourish Excel will work OK? Not looking for a crazy planted tank, just some green.
>>
>>2169404
did you just recently put them in the tank? have you tested the water?
>>
>>2169407
I've had them for a year. I haven't tested the water. I was told it doesn't matter much for betta/tetras. When I change the water (30%) I let it sit in a bucket and put in the slime coat/no chlorine liquid. I have pH strips but not sure how to use them.
>>
File: boullion4.jpg (761KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
boullion4.jpg
761KB, 4608x3072px
I'm going to change the water to 1/4 tap tomorrow, do I have to treat the tap water or is it fine to just dump it in there?
>>
>>2169408
pH doesn't matter- water testing does. you can get a test kit or just take it into a store like Petco. if you've put anything new in the tank recently, that's probably what did it. otherwise I would definitely test your water to see if something's off.

>>2169406
depends on the fixture- what wattage? you don't want too much light over a 10 gallon or you'll get crazy algae. you don't need co2 or excel.
>>
>>2169410
I have a 15W plant bulb fixture or a T8 15W fixture with a reptile bulb in there, not sure what kind exactly.
>>
>>2169409
I dump it in and then add the water conditioner directly into the tank. if you don't want to get water conditioner leave some water out overnight so the chlorine dissipates (assuming your water is chlorine treated over there).
>>
>>2169406
My tip would be (considering you dont wanna spend a rather big sum on a dimmable led) - get some floating plants that provide shade for your low light plants and keep your stronger light.

Low light plants can be kept at higher light but may become stressed and algae prone.

Co2 isnt really necessary if you wanna just keep low lighters. Rule of thumb is, that only plants that are either/or stems, red/pinkish and carpeters fully profit from co2 injection.
>>
>>2169412
about 80% of all tap-water doesn't have chlorine in it here.

the dH of my cities tap-water is pretty high though, it's 6,00-6,70.
>>
>>2169411
T5 15 watts is perfect for a 10 gallon. dunno what the reptile bulb is but it's probably heated so don't use that one.
>>
>>2169415
water conditioner won't change the dH- but crayfish are pretty tolerant of different water conditions. I reccommend picking up some Seachem Prime though- huge bottle is cheap on Amazon and it also detoxifies heavy metals and promotes slime coat if you put fish in there.
>>
>>2169410
I live in the country. Is this for nitrate/nitrite/ammonia testing?

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=aquarium+water+test+kit&sprefix=aquarium+water+%2Caps%2C218
>>
>>2169421
isn't the dH exactly what I need though?, I'm trying to raise the ph in it's enclosure since I'm primarely using rainwater for it.

there isn't anything heavy in dutch tap water, it's pretty healthy.
>>
>>2169423
yep! the master test kit is the best.
>>
>>2169426
Thank you very much.
>>
>>2169425
your water is soft and rainwater has a pretty low pH. crayfish like high numbers in both.

pretty much all you can do is add a source of calcium- limestone, baking soda, seasehells, cuttlebone, or some commercial product. eggshells would work as well but you have to remove the membrane first.
>>
>>2169435
that's why I want to put 1/4 tapwater in it to raise the pH.
>>
>>2169436
if your tapwater has a dH of about 6 it's soft water- you need hard water. should help a little though.
>>
>>2169439
a dH of 6,00-6,70 is considered 'fairly hard'

soft water is 3,00<

I'll add cuttlefish bone to the gravel that's in the filter anyway, putting more rocks in it would ruin the slate character.
>>
File: spec01_fluor.jpg (386KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
spec01_fluor.jpg
386KB, 1000x750px
I wanted to do a faux coral freshwater tank with florescent minerals - what sort of fish would look good or be interesting? Are there any freshwater fish or invertebrates that naturally fluoresce?
>>
>>2169441
maybe it's a different scale in your area?

it would look cool if you could find some limestone rocks- I think that'd blend in really well with the slate! but yeah cuttlebone should work great unless his shell starts looking shabby.

>>2169447
>faux coral freshwater

eugh
>>
>>2169449
we use the german °dH system here.

it's a flat stack of slate, anything that's 'bumpy' is going to look out of place, but I could dump some limestone gravel between the cracks.
>>
>>2169370
tank/tank
It's about as basic as you can get, but as far as the crayfish is concerned she should love it.
>>
>>2169457
it isn't much more basic that most tanks I see posted in these threads that aren't saltwater.

I think I saw her nibble on some plant roots earlier.
>>
>>2169455
cuttlebone will be fine, and raising your kH will raise your pH as well. I'd keep using the tapwater for water changes though.
>>
File: Water-Hardness-In-the-US.jpg (91KB, 650x319px) Image search: [Google]
Water-Hardness-In-the-US.jpg
91KB, 650x319px
>>2169388
>I don't think we have that plant in the states.
It's frogbit.

>>2169399
You can also put it in a sandwich bag and whip it against a wall. less messy than a hammer.

>>2169406
The T5 is fine. If you get algae just decrease the number of hours per day the light is on.
For the plants you mentioned you don't even need Excel.

>>2169439
>>2169441
Pretty sure it's a regional thing. The US uses "grains per gallon," but they're nearly the same thing. Water in the US is just naturally harder all around, so we have a lower threshold for what we consider "hard" or "soft."

If the cray was living in a lake or something with leaf litter and rainwater then 1/4 tap water would probably be plenty, but a bit of limestone gravel or seashells certainly wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>2169460
That's saying more about "the bar" on /aq/ than it is about your tank....
Not that I really care. Basic tanks are just as good for the animals, and as long as you like it it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>2169465
the lake I caught my crayfish in has a low pH though.
>>
>>2169469
do you have any idea whether frogbit requires dormancy?

I'm pretty sure it's just one of those plants that grows faster than it dies and doesn't really care.
>>
>>2169469
I have frogbit in my tank and it looks completely different.

I've never heard of gpg, weird. my local water is measured as mg/l, same thing more or less probably.
>>
>>2169474
they're usually found in areas with harder water since they need the calcium to build their shells, so I was just going off general info for FW crayfish.

floating plants grow fast and die fast. it makes them good for newly setup tanks with bouncing water parameters.
>>
>>2169480
almost all water in the netherlands has a low ph, we don't have native crayfish, all crayfish that are found here are invasive.
>>
In the war against green slime, I put a motion sensor on my Finnex Stingray so the light only comes on when someone enters the room.

Now the fish won't swim in the top half of the tank.
>>
File: image.jpg (560KB, 2448x2701px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
560KB, 2448x2701px
What is this plant?

Also, I want to switch from a gravel substrate to something that would be more suitable for plants. Any recommendations?
>>
>>2169518
I'm using fluval shrimp and plant stratum and i think it's pretty good. Don't have much experience with planted aquariums but theres already some new growth on some plants after a week. Read up on it, Its made from volcanic ash.
>>
File: 1379866153713.jpg (54KB, 193x182px) Image search: [Google]
1379866153713.jpg
54KB, 193x182px
>>2169518
>doesn't recognize duckweed.
>>
>>2169518
duckweed!

I use garden topsoil and pool filter sand in my tanks.
>>
>>2169529
Yeah, I realized it was duckweed like 20 seconds after I posted it and then I felt stupid.
>>
File: tmp_4109-water hardness20513507.png (48KB, 540x346px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4109-water hardness20513507.png
48KB, 540x346px
>>2169477
Not that I know of. Mine grew like wildfire for about six months and then died all at once.

>>2169478
Probably the difference between wild plants and those grown in a tank u see artificial light.

Here's a conversion chart for water hardness.
http://www.cactus2000.de/uk/unit/masswas.shtml
>>
So should I turn my filter on after I filled up my aquarium + substrate? It is very cloudy due to particles in the water column.

But do I just let it settle over the next few days or turn on the filter?
>>
File: amazon-frogbit-vs-duckweed-top.jpg (89KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
amazon-frogbit-vs-duckweed-top.jpg
89KB, 500x307px
>>2169569
mine looks like pic related. quite different.

>>2169573
you should turn it on so your tank will start cycling.
>>
>talk to my fish when I'm feeding them
>sister tells me not to when she has friends over
>tell her she can move if she doesn't like it
>she starts meowing at her cat when I have friends over
>friends now want to fuck my crazy sister apposed to my up tight sister

Fuck it that's a win.
>>
>>2169573
Ideally, put a sponge on the intake of the filter so it doesn't suck up some crazy shit and burn out, then turn it on.
>>
File: frugbutt.png (642KB, 1080x1403px) Image search: [Google]
frugbutt.png
642KB, 1080x1403px
>>2169578
I mean, unless he's misidentifying it.
>>
File: gross.jpg (982KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
982KB, 3264x2448px
What is this Cloudy looking gray stringy fungus that grows on my wood and my java moss?

30 gallon tank planted tank
PH: 8.0
Very hard water
Supplements: Flourish Excel
No ammonia/nitrates
>>
>>2169635
I finally got around to googling it. there's European frogbit, hydrocharis morsus-ranae, and American frogbit, which is in the limnobium family.

>>2169641
just a fungus that grows on driftwood. you can ignore it since that looks like hardwood, it's perfectly normal and will go away. if you want to get rid of it faster, either boil the wood or put a bristlenose pleco in.
>>
>>2168630
nice clean look.
>>
Has anyone tried the Zeo-Carb filter in their Fluval filter? Supposed to combine a carbon and ammonia filter into one. My ammonia levels are around .25ppm so higher than I'd like but was wondering if this would work to get it back to 0.
>>
Anyone have luck with growing a java moss carpet? Looking to carpet the bottom of my 10g tank. Was thinking about baby tears but only have 15W so (I think) its too low.
>>
>>2169447
I dunno man, but khuli fish could give you that mini saltwater eel vibe.

Also, those genetically engineered glo fish might be what you're looking for.

There's also some really cool iridescent fish that appear to glow, or at least shimmer, under the right lights.
>>
>>2169518
Just go to your local equivalent of Lowes and buy chemical free organic potting soil.

Pour it in a bucket with some treated/dechlorinated tap water, stir it up, remove all the pieces that float to the top, drain the water out, then let it dry out (doesn't have to be bone dry, just not mud basically) and put it in your tank.

With this method you can buy as much as you need, literally gigantic bags, and not have to worry about the plants needing expensive fertilizers and shit.
>>
File: $$$$.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
$$$$.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I recently replaced 95% of my very hard water with RO water in my 30 gallon planted aquarium.

What's the cheapest way to add back in salts and trace elements. I asked the manager at my local aquarium store, but he said i needed all this crap (Pic related).

Can I just add back in a little tap water? Or are their any conditioners that i need to get? Whats the minimum i need for the survival of my plants and fish (Most coming from the Amazon).
>>
>>2169684
Yeah, it helps but you should still do regular water changes.
>>
>>2169708
http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/
This place is cheap and good.
>>
would it be a good idea to add some duckweed to my tank as well?

for food purposes.
>>
>>2169758
I've heard that crayfish will eat pretty much any plant.
>>
Well, my neon tetras have been dropping like flies after I moved them to a new tank (and changed the substrate from gravel to black sand). That isn't the worrying part, though. What IS the worrying part is watching my shrimp go Lord of the Flies on a tetra corpse that I failed to notice in time. As of now, there are four Amanos that are ripping it out of each other's hands and trying to eat it as fast as possible. The thing must have died at least 10 minutes ago, and its' corpse is already half picked clean. Fuck me, I didn't realize that Amanos were that god damn vicious... the Ghost Shrimp are mostly chilling.
>>
>>2169758
Duckweed is mostly going to be out of her reach and it can clog your filter.
>>
>>2169794
the water line is like 4 inch above the filter.

I saw her 'swim' this morning.
>>
I have a 2.5 gallon with 2 goldfish, what else can I add?
>>
File: 1407799220397.gif (1MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1407799220397.gif
1MB, 359x202px
>>2169908
careful not to fall for it
>>
>>2169908
If you are baiting: Low effort
If you are serious: Get a 30-40 Gallon and good filtration, unless you wanna kill your fish via nitrite and ammonia poisoning and a stunted growth.
>>
>>2169779
you should be less worried about your animals being animals and more about the sudden die off.

>>2169794
anyone having issues with their filter being clogged just needs a prefilter...
>>
File: Oscars in their natural habitat.jpg (130KB, 600x864px) Image search: [Google]
Oscars in their natural habitat.jpg
130KB, 600x864px
>>2169646
>>2169752

Thanks guys! Here's a picture of some fish
>>
So I recently put a piece of manzanita in my 2-gallon tank and it started growing white, bubbly fungus of some sort and looks like shit. Should I remove the wood and clean it or just leave it in the tank and hope it goes away?
>>
Anyone have any clue if PVC pipes would leach ink into the water? Or should I just plop them in there?
>>
>>2169979
The white fungus is harmless, though if you have any snails they'll gladly clean it up for you.
>>
File: fuckweed.jpg (556KB, 2114x1836px) Image search: [Google]
fuckweed.jpg
556KB, 2114x1836px
>>2169947
>anyone having issues with their filter being clogged just needs a prefilter...
It still gets clogged, genius.
>>
>>2169984
I have a PVC standpipe on the overflow in one of my marine tanks. After ten years in water the lettering is still just like new.

my guess would be no.
>>
File: sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg (20KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg
20KB, 230x300px
>Room is 27 degrees
>Even my cold water tank is tropical
>>
>>2169986
You're SUPPOSED to take it off and squeeze it out every time you do a water change, you lazy piece of shit.

I bet you're stupid enough to use actual soap when you clean your tank and equipment, aren't you?
>>
I've had 7 neon tetra in a 10g for about a year and a half now. Used to have a betta but he finally passed away after a few years.

What else should I put in it? Considering another betta since I've never had issues keeping NT/betta together, but I'd also like something else in there too.
>>
>>2169996
>27

Is this a typo?
>>
>>2170013
Celsius, he euro, like me.
>>
>>2170013
>A murrican education
>>
>>2170016
Canada uses Celsius as well.
>>
File: ponta.jpg (703KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
ponta.jpg
703KB, 4608x3072px
collected Potamogeton perfoliatus, heard it's a good oxygen plant.

what kind of material am I supposed to use to make bundles out of it? I imagine I can't use copper wire.
>>
>>2170017
>tfw eurobro will never get to say its one hundred degrees outside
>>
>>2170026
I'm not familiar with that species, but I suppose you can treat it the same way as most aquatic mosses/stemmed plants that don't like their roots being buried.

Get some aquarium safe super glue, cotton string, and or fishing line. If it's intended as a floating plant, then simply use the cotton string or fishing line to lightly tie it into bundles and let it float. If you are going to attach it to an object, like a piece of rock, then simply use the super glue to glue one or two of the roots, or the base of a stem, directly to the object. Then use the cotton string or fishing line to tie the rest to the main plant anchored to the rock.
>>
>>2169914
Don't have enough room and its 1 gallon per fish, but could I put a minnow in seen as they are not as big as a normal fish?
>>
>>2170037
it's a underwater plant, I used some hemp wire to make bundles, will that be fine?

I'm just going to push it underneath a piece of slate.
>>
>>2170026
you don't have any substrate right? I just plant them right next to each other.

they sell plant weights, you can use string, or you can buy little pots to plant in.

>>2169984
what do you mean ink? from the lettering? it won't.
>>
Guys I have a ten gallon aquarium. One of my fishes got what seemed like fungus, (white chalky crap near his mouth) so I bought Pimafix. After about 2 weeks it was gone so I stopped treatment. Well, I had to leave and couldn't really care for the fish, so when I came next week I found some brown algae all over the tank, Google tells me it's not algae but some brown diatoms. Weird thing is, that the growth is completely stumped if I use Pimafix but will otherwise bloom if I don't use it. How can I get rid of? Looks like everything gas it, even my Amazon swords are dying becuase it has it on the leafs.
>>
>>2170049
Nerite snails, though they might go after some dying parts of your plants.
>>
File: 1465589382139.jpg (14KB, 342x316px) Image search: [Google]
1465589382139.jpg
14KB, 342x316px
>those retarded people who buy betta from tiny little cups and then shove them into vases cramped with decorations thinking they're "saving" them
>>
>>2170049
If pimafix stops it then maybe just keep dosing that?

long term fixes- most algae including diatoms require light and nutrients. You can get rid of them by reducing one or both of these.

it's probably easier to just get animals that eat them though. Snails and algae eaters and such.
>>
File: dicks111111111111.jpg (830KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
dicks111111111111.jpg
830KB, 4608x3072px
how's this?

probably shouldn't add more plants right.
>>
>>2169988
>>2170044
>put PVC pipes in
>crayfish crawls inside the wedges

at least it has a home now
>>
>>2170049
otos and nerites are the most common thing to eat diatoms. you can use a razor blade to scrape it off the glass. I'm guessing your tank is fairly new, as your tank matures they should go away by themselves.
>>
>>2170049
i got amano shrimp for bown algea (which then turned green), i posted a pic of results here:
>>2168271
>>2168272

2 shrimp alone eat 97% of the algea I had all over my 10gal tank in just 4.5 days
>>
>>2170052
>Tfw I'm breeding my bettas and can't find those tiny little cups.
>can only find PET jars which leak chemicals into the water

Life is suffering, also any idaho Bros interested in Betta fry?
>>
>>2170095
you can find those cups at any commercial horeca store like the Hanos.
>>
>>2170097
Don't have those nearby.
>>
>>2170138
order online.

if it's safe for food it's usually safe for animals.
>>
File: TERRY.png (579KB, 849x433px) Image search: [Google]
TERRY.png
579KB, 849x433px
I bought some triops eggs like 3 years ago but i never got to hatch them. Are they still fine?
>>
File: 1462338686227.gif (3MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1462338686227.gif
3MB, 426x426px
Anyone do long distance fish tank moves? I have a 3 hour drive for a 55gal. Cory cats, old ass zebra danios that shouldn't be alive anymore, and 3 balas. Turtle will be fine. Not sure if canister filter media will be worth anything when I get down there. I heard that 5 gal bucket with lid is the best chance of keeping everything. I am considering transferring them to a secondary tank for the week before the move so I can empty and prep the primary tank for immediate setup. If it makes any difference I am a jew and really don't want to spend any unnecessary funds.
>>
>>2170183
moving them to another tank would be really stressful, especially since it'll be followed by being moved to a bucket, sloshed around for three hours and then put directly into an uncycled tank. I'd just do tear down as quick as possible.
>>
File: ghost_shrimp.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_shrimp.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
I've got a well cycled twenty gallon tall tank with some freshwater invertebrates, mostly amphipods and glass shrimp. Are there any native freshwater fish i could keep that won't immediately devour all of the inverts?
>>
>>2170054
Looks good to me.
>>
>>2170191
it's an empty established tank though, parameters are all okay. they'd get a week to adjust while I tear down the other tank and clean it
>>
>>2170183
Jesus Fucking Christ! What the hell happened to that poor dog?
>>
>>2170192
man you can't ask if there's any native FW fish you can keep without telling us your location.
>>
>>2170192
>asks for native species
>doesn't tell us what part of the fucking world he lives in
>>
>>2170201
>>2170202
right that would be species native to North America, as opposed to tropical freshwater fish, sorry
>>
>>2170204
florida, for example, has very different fish than oregon. can you tell us your state, or are you afraid Anonymous is going to hax you?
>>
I have a 120 L (31.7 gal) FOWLR (around 12Kg of LR), was stocked with a Percula Clownfish, a Flame Angelfish and a Midas Blenny. The tank has been set up for about a year and a half and all of those fishes had been there for a year or longer.

Around a week ago I got a Bicolor Angelfish from the LFS (did a 30 L water change the day before, although I normally do 20 L every two weeks or so), after a rather slow acclimation it went straight to hiding and died the next day. Fast forward to yesterday (a week later), all the fish start showing some signs of stress (quick to hide, slightly ragged tail fins, a bit of ich on the angelfish and blenny and some decoloration on the blenny) but they were eating fine, I panicked a bit and did another 30 L water change as soon as I noticed that. Today I woke up to find the angelfish and the blenny dead and the clownfish staying hidden most of the time.

I tested for salinity (1.024-1.026), PH (8.0) and nitrates (10ppm) but those seem fine, should I get more test kits? I stopped using carbon like 6 months ago since it didn't seem to make a difference, should I go back to using it? Did I fuck up with the new fish or was it just coincidence?

I also noticed a rather considerable increase in both green algae (hair algae maybe? grows on the rocks and looks fuzzy) and all kinds of worms through the week but I have no idea what caused it or if it's relevant.
>>
>>2170205
I'm not really looking to model the tank after a specific region, really any north american fish are fine. It seems like most get too large or are too aggressive though
>>
>>2170206
nitrites and ammonia are more important than nitrates. nitrates are the less harmful, converted form.
>>
>>2170210
I think brook silver sides are the right size, but I have never seen them in an aquarium, also mosquito fish are native to NA.
>>
>>2170210
oh I see, I assumed when you said native fish you wanted to catch them yourself.

the only ones that are easy to find are guppies, mollies and swordtails- these are more of a south american fish though and are pretty boring :^)

some killifish, blue gill bass and sunfish are pretty popular.
>>
>>2170200
>all the tails that you used to wag
>are gone out the window
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqr4ouQ3Uf8
>>
>>2170211
I'll have that in mind, but wouldn't those also be fixable through water changes?

Also worth mentioning, current filter only has a sponge and some ceramic rings.
I've considered investing in a hang-on-back skimmer since I've read a lot of people say it's mandatory, but then again I've also read about people that wouldn't bother with such a small tank and it's been quite confusing.
>>
>>2170219
yep, I just meant you should have a test for those since it matters much more to the fish. too many nitrites would also explain your algae bloom.

I don't really know much about saltwater tanks, so I can't advise on equipment. canister filters are the bomb, tho, so I definitely recommend getting one if you don't have one.
>>
File: violet-goby.jpg (151KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
violet-goby.jpg
151KB, 1024x768px
Got one of pic related and did a water change (about 30% of the water, probably a mistake)

hes apparently reacting badly to the ammonia levels and going to the surface for air a lot, I don't wanna stress him out until he dies but should I change anything to fix the problem naturally?

I don't have a very impressive tank, I got black meme sand and 3 plastic decorations that don't give him many hiding spots, been feeding him freeze dried bloodworms but he can't see them usually and cant ever find them

10 gal tank
>freshwater
>pH around 8.0
>water is very hard
>nitrate and nitrite both fairly low
>>
>>2170344
water changes are fine as long as your tap water doesn't also have ammonia. Even 100% water changes are good if your fish is dying.

you didn't mention if the tank is cycled or what you've got for filtration.

gasping at the surface could be ammonia but it could also be a lack of oxygen. How's your water movement and aeration? Also, what's your temp?
>>
one of my goldfish jumped out of his bowl and by the time I found him the board he was on wasn't even wet.

picked him up and figured I'd put him in water just in case it was still alive. just barely, he lives.
>>put it back with the others

its hours later and I've noticed something unique...

it doesn't run and hide like he used to.
>>used to be one of the strongest and got everyone to "safety" when I walked by or was near

now that he's had oxygen deprivation he doesn't seem concerned about me at all and the tank has become quite calm, even when I walk by.

on the downside
>>he always is submissive/nose to the ground with the other fish.

I've removed him to a separate bowl for the time being because he was diminishing the morale of the other fish...
>>I think it might be stupid now.
the other fish had to manually turn the jumper and he didn't regain his former 'spunk'

what do?
>>
>>2170348
>goldfish are wicked sinners
>leader of the bowl dies for their sins
>leaps to his death in the great unknown
>gets resurrected
>shaves his head and gets all humble and righteous about it
>god takes him away for his pride

put a little crown of foil on his head and stick him back in the bowl. Every time another fish fucks with him, smack them on the head. Start goldfish Christianity.
>>
>>2170344
that kind of gobi enjoys brackish water if i recall.

>>2170348
>keeping a goldfish in a bowl
>>
>>2170038
>1 gallon per fish

this rule does not apply to carp. You need 20 gallons for 1 goldfish and an additional 10 gallons for each added goldfish. Koi need something like 500 gallons per fish in case you were curious as they, like all carp, are piss and shit machines

best thing you could do for those fish is give them back to the store you got them from and get yourself a betta or balls up and get a 50 gallon that can hold your 2 goldfish and a handful of other small fish
>>
File: 24235243.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
24235243.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>2170345
Temp is around 78 and the water movement is pretty poor I suppose, no aerator in the tank just the filter really moving the water around

I need to get liquid ammonia tester and the only thing I have to test with is strips right now but from the strips I can see my Nitrite is pretty much zero and I have some Nitrate ( going by the strip around 15-20 ppm)

Not entirely sure on cycle honestly, kinda new to it but I think it is cycled going over the link in OP

Other problem I'm having is the sand in the tank is pretty hard to clean, feels like the pump isn't strong enough to grab the stuff sitting on it

Was considering scooping up the top layer of the sand out of the tan somehow and cleaning it separately, not sure if that's a good idea or not

pic related is the filter

>>2170351
From what I read they prefer brackish but if they are kept in freshwater they adapt to it easily, since I got mine from Wal-Mart he was kept in freshwater beforehand so I figured he might be more comfortable with it
>>
>>2170351
>>2170353

Its a 35gal/15gal waterfall system the 35 gal has a circulator and I use the 15gal for melting ice buckets in

I said bowl because the 35gal looks like a bowl

the jumper resides in the 15gal until I decide what to do with it
>>
>>2170354
well if it were me I'd get a much larger HOB filter and perhaps an airstone.

also change water any time you read ammonia. It takes over a month for a tank to cycle, so presumably ammonia is your problem.

vacuum uneaten food out of the tank, that helps. If you can't do water changes then use a water treatment in the tank that neutralizes ammonia.

regarding the substrate, you can get a siphon type vacuum thing to clean the sand. Stirring up the top layer of sand works ok if your filter can handle it. I don't think yours can.
>>
trip fagging for clarity. these are my posts...
>>2170348
>>2170357

someone else is being confused as me as >>2170358
I have no substrate, only a couple of water wisterias and live grasses.

>>2170358
will do on the ammonia neutralizer. thus far the goldfish just swimming in city water
>>
>>2170363
>will do on the ammonia neutralizer
nah, that post was directed to the anon with the dragon goby.

I don't know why your fish jumped. They do that sometimes. I have a clear plexiglass lid on my tank for just such occasions.
>>
File: 20160718_200435-1.jpg (3MB, 1859x2690px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_200435-1.jpg
3MB, 1859x2690px
Help please:

29 gal
about 1 month old
Live cycle
4 medium comet goldfish (one of which I am close with since i rescued her from Coney Island about 3 years ago. Asshole friend was gonna throw her in the ocean)

Decor is about 3 plastic plants
substrate is Petco white sand no more than 1/2" deep.
Back hanging standard charcoal filter. Powerhead with air and temp hovers around 65-67°

pH 7 ish
Ammonia is hovering around .25-.5 (nearly 1.0 in the first week).
Nitrate/nitrate is 0

I finally got the pH under control after I removed this stupid """"Canadian wood"""""" I got from eBay.

I just can't get the tank started. I am doing 25-40% water changes almost daily. I use a water conditioner, and I am not rinsing my filter (or I will at least rinse it in spent tank water).

I've googled ad nauseam and I can't get the fucking ammonia under control. This is my first sand tank and I am stirring the sand every week. If I wait a day between water changes the fish become lethargic. I have heard a lot of mixed information about water changes during a start-up cycle. Some bitch on YT was doing 90%.

I am stuck and want my fish to be happy.

Pic is unrelated, it's my other tank and my new kitten..... which I don't have a name for either. She's a rambunctious female.
>>
>>2170369
pH doesn't matter much.

changing water slows down the cycle.

cycling takes up to 2 months to complete, and with the ammonia you're reading your tank hasn't cycled yet.

your fish may die during the cycle, that's why fishless is recommended if you like the fish.

stirring your sand seems counterproductive. Sand substrates in general are really hard to keep clean unless you've got a lot of plants or a marine tank full of pods and worms. Even then you don't want to stir it up.
>>
>>2170372
heard that its important to massage sand so you don't get anaerobic bubbles underneath the sand
>>
>>2170374
yeah, people say shit like that. Actually that was a really common thing to say back in the 80's. I don't think it's true. I've been using sand beds in my marine tanks for years, so far no anaerobic bubbles. Marine tanks actually use anaerobic spaces for some denitrification.

anaerobic bacteria do produce some gasses that are highly toxic, but they tend to either stay trapped or quickly float to the surface and pop. Either way I doubt they have any effect on your livestock.

also your sand isn't deep enough to go anaerobic.
>>
>>2170374
There is a particular sort of marine tank that uses an anaerobic sand bed to remove nitrate, called a Jaubert Plenum.

For comparison, the sand bed on that type of tank is 4-6 inches deep to get anaerobic pockets. Granted marine tanks have worms and such stirring the top of the sand a little, but there's no way a 1/2 inch sand bed will ever go anaerobic even if you wanted it to.
>>
>>2170009
>You're SUPPOSED to take it off and squeeze it out every time you do a water change, you lazy piece of shit.
I don't change the water every two days, which is how long it takes to look like this, you presumptuous little cunt.

>I bet you're stupid enough to use actual soap when you clean your tank and equipment, aren't you?
You're a special brand of drooling fuckwitted mongoloid,
AREN'T YOU?
R
E
N
T

Y
O
U
?
>>
File: 20160619_184253.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160619_184253.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>2170369

This is me again. Problem tank is on the left. I should also mention that they are fed twice per day via an automatic feeder. Small amount each feeding.
>>
>>2170372

>changing water slows down the cycle.

Correct but how do I rid ammonia in the meantime? I've used tank starter and salt sporadically. I have ammonia drops as well but I'm not really using it.

Also I've read do not change the filter during startup. Is that true,?
>>
>>2170388
>Correct but how do I rid ammonia in the meantime?
change water.
anything you do to remove ammonia slows the cycle. Changing water is fine for removing ammonia though.
>Is that true,?
absolutely.
every time you change 100% of your filter media the tank starts cycling again from scratch.
>>
>>2170176
Throw them in a bucket and find out.

>>2170183
Why do you want to deconstruct the tank? Just drain 90% of the water and put some plastic wrap over the top if you have live plants.
Also your stocking sounds like shit.

>>2170192
>>2170204
Fathead minnows, shiners (eg. rainbow), and maybe small darters. The amphipods are likely toast no matter what you put in there, though.
>>
>>2168480
how do you know this?

This makes me want to smoke a bowl and blow the smoke through a straw into the tank, high fish.
>>
>>2170389
should I even bother cycling my tank?

it's not like crayfish care.
>>
>>2170398
Had a friend who would do just that, eventually the fish started swimming sideways and had trouble eating.
>>
File: feesh.jpg (12KB, 161x117px) Image search: [Google]
feesh.jpg
12KB, 161x117px
>>2170402
Geez, I think i'll learn from his mistake and spare my fish any thc
>>
>>2170369
name your cat Phara

that's what i'd name her if I could have a cat
>>
File: hQdM0Am.jpg (963KB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
hQdM0Am.jpg
963KB, 2988x5312px
This is some kind of goby right?
The sticker said goldenhead but that doesn't match what im seeing online
>>
>>2170422
Fire Fish
Nemateleotris magnifica
>>
check out the lips on this beta
[/an/doesnthavespoilers]is it a tumor?[/spoilers]
>>
File: mef33HHh.jpg (55KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mef33HHh.jpg
55KB, 576x1024px
>>2170438
whoops
fuck me
>>
tfw step on a cactus searching for sailfin mollies
>>
>>2170381
Is the other tank cycled? Swap the filter cartridges on the two tanks.

>>2170401
The tank cycles on its own, you don't have to "do" anything.
They'll care if the ammonia gets crazy high.
>>
>>2170443
where are you? I know I have some near me in california, possibly in a local riverbed that has a mini waterfall
>>
>>2170462
Texas, I caught some in a creek with a mini waterfall

finally caught the male I was after
>>
>>2170462
I got this pic when I caught him, it may be a while before I get a decent picture of him
>>
>>2170462
>>
>>2170466
>>2170474

hot damn that is nice

thanks for the pics, hopefully i'll have some of my own to share soon
>>
Hey /aq/, I'm fucking shaking right now. The cleaning lady murdered my betta fish.

>betta fish has a fungal infection
>treat tank with medication, he perks up and starts swimming and eating
>think everything is going to be ok
>building where I live has a complementary cleaning service
>I'm not a filthy NEET, I can clean my own shit
>lock the door and head out to work

When I come home from work, what do I fucking find? The door is unlocked, the room has clearly been messed with (though nothing has been stolen), and the betta is lying dead in a pile of soggy food covered in fungus. I'm not kidding, the entire bottom of the tank was covered in food. Yesterday after I fed him, there was not a single speck of food in the tank.

Do you think I can sue? She entered the flat without my consent and killed my pet.
>>
Hey guys,

I want to move my betta and 5 neon tetra from a 20L tank to maybe a 40L or 50L tank.

Is it better to just buy a glass tank on it's own or the ones complete with filter and/or heater.
Will one be better than the other?
>>
>>2170550
depends on budget/your experience.

if you dont intend to keep complex plants, a complete set would be your best bet, but beware that you might overpay.
>>
>>2170550
Check local sites like Craigslist or whatever is in your area. I just saw a 25 gal for $60 with tank, lights, heater and filter here. but i have no room for it. so i browse /an/ and pretend i have pets.
>>
>>2170559
Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

I might just go with the glass aquarium in which case. They seem to be way above retail price
here.
>>
>>2170559
Oh for the record I am somewhat of a novice.

>>2170562
Awesome, good point. I didn't think about that.
>>
>overdose fertilizer slightly without knowing it
>two weeks later realize that the java moss was slowly browning.
God dammit, can I still save it?
>>
File: goldentop.jpg (44KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
goldentop.jpg
44KB, 450x300px
>>2170390
>>2170212
>>2170213
thanks for the suggestions, probably going to go for a small group of minnows. I do have a small refugium for the amphipods
>>
>>2170390
>Why do you want to deconstruct the tank?
Tank will be too heavy to move with media in it. I don't want to crack/destroy it.

>Also your stocking sounds like shit.
No shit, but I'm not going to put nice fish in a turtle tank if they could get eaten.
>>
>>2170033
even if we used fahrenheit it's never been above 100F in most of europe.
>>
>>2168876
>>2170401
Oh my god, please look up what cycling is.
>>
>>2170673
I don't keep animals that need it, there's no reason why I should.
>>
What are the effects of keeping fish in water that is too hot?

Keeping them in water too cold makes their metabolism slow down and they wont eat, get sick and die. But what about water that is too warm?

I have some white clouds at the moment being kept at 25 degrees c just because that's the temperature of my room.
>>
>>2170674
You have a crayfish. Anyway, doesn't hurt to learn things for the sake of learning, or at least for the sake of not asking dumb questions
>>
>>2170690
crayfish don't need cycled water, my turtle doesn't either.

I can't read an entire page about something I don't really care about.
>>
>>2170694
Anything you keep needs cycled water

cycling is making it so that poison in the shit they are defacating into the water they are breathing doesn't kill them
>>
>>2170694
>crayfish don't need cycled water, my turtle doesn't either
one out of two aint bad.

crayfish have gills so ammonia is a problem for them. Turtles have lungs, they don't care what they swim in.
>>
>>2170694
the chemistry is extremely simple but if you are too stupid to understand, cycling is just bacteria fixing harmful ammonia into less harmful nitrates. It will probably cycle regardless but there are things you can do to help assist the process.

Bare minimum, get a testing kit and change water when things get out of hand.
>>
>>2170689
metabolism speeds up, meaning faster growth but also faster consumption of food and oxygen and more waste produced.

also warmer water has less oxygen, so you're getting less oxygen at the same time the fish are using more.

upshot is the fish will require larger water volumes, more food, and better filtration and aeration. You can keep fewer fish in any size of tank than you could at cooler temps.
>>
>>2170702
you're confusing cycled water with fresh water, crayfish don't care if your water is cycled as long as it's fresh.
>>
>>2170708
So the fish don't actually get sick and die? They'll just live shorter lifespans?
>>
File: og mon.jpg (21KB, 418x462px) Image search: [Google]
og mon.jpg
21KB, 418x462px
>>2170717
cycling keeps water fresh from ammonia and is easier than constantly changing water out you knob. Removal of Nitrates is necessary but less critical.

Do you feed your turtle? Does it give off biological waste? Are you running a filter on your tank? Will it have media in it? Congratulations, your tank will cycle. Cycling has more to do with passive observation than physically doing anything.
>>
>>2170733
it could breed more bacteria, diatoms, and algea and require more maintenance

probably what those white clouds are about
>>
Went to look for some Amanos today but the LFS had something labeled Japanese Algae Eating Shrimp in one tank and Amano Shrimp in another. I assume they are the same species but wanted to make sure, anyone know for certain?

Also, how many should I have in a 20gH?
>>
>>2170439
Is that from paradise pets in Texarkana?
>>
>>2170530
I feel your rage anon

>buy new betta
>tell everyone to leave it
>come back from work next day
>swollen soggy pellets all over tank

Luckily, he was still alive and I changed the water. What's worse, I went off on everyone and 4days later, come home to that shit again.

Have to hide my fish food now. Sad.
>>
>>2170717
true.

changing water is a perfectly acceptable alternative to cycling. Just slightly more work is all.

>>2170733
depends how hot you go. But since the fish are adapted to cooler water and you likely can't keep up with their feed and waste at higher temps it usually results in illness and death.
>>
>>2170781
nope, some shitty petco that i work at in california
its a paradise breed? morph? I'm not really sure what to call different betas
>>
>>2170530
I wouldn't go so far as to sue, you might get laughed out of court. Most people don't give a shit about fish. Their usual response is "LOL just go buy another one!"

Instead, call your landlord/manager/whoever is in charge, and tell him what happened. Let him know you did not give permission for anyone to be in there. That they were trespassing, and that they killed your fish. If he doesn't take you seriously then tell him that if anyone trespasses into your rooms a second time then you will sue.
>>
>go to aquarium shop
>goldfish at $0.79
>"ABSOLUTELY NO PICKS"
>tell guy i'd like one
>he comes with a net
>grabs one from the corner
>grabs it with his hand from the net
>puts in plastic bag
>fills it up with air
>gives it to me
>buy water conditioner
>buy fish food
>go home
>put water conditioner in fish bowl
>wait a little bit
>drop the fish in the bowl
>examine fish
>fish keeps swimming and bumping into the bowl
>i think fish is blind
>drop fish food
>examine some more
>fish just swims and keeps bumping into bowl ignoring the food
>go out
>8 hours later
>come back home
>look at fish
>fish is laying on its side at the bottom of the bowl
>it's dead

i mean it's not even about the money, it's about the fucking service... should i go and complain tomorrow, how is this even acceptable?
>>
>>2170777
Shrimp have so little bioload you can probably put 20 of each species in your tank.
>>
>>2170609
>reverse Google image search
>"California killifish"
Huh, neat.
>>
>>2170642
>28C/82F in Germany
>"DO NOT GO OUTSIDE YOU WILL GET HEAT STROKE AND DIE"
>Californians casually stroll alongside their dogs and have picnics
>>
What are some good bottom dwelling fish for my community tank? Its live planted with a dwarf hairgrass carpet (in progress).

I like the look of panda corys but I heard they don't do too well and die after a few months,

Also what about Otos? Does one go in every tank?
>>
>>2171016
>puts a goldfish in a bowl
>>
>>2171039
>>Californians casually stroll alongside their dogs and have picnics

its gonna be 107 degrees for me on Saturday. Not looking forward to walking my dogs OR the evaporation in my tanks
>>
>>2170813
It really doesn't matter anon. If you wanna tickle your autism though bettas and gouramis are the same family.
>>
>>2171016
Goldfish don't live long, unless you get lucky. They're trash fish usually sold as feeders and are stuffed in tanks that are rarely cleaned and rife with disease next time get a 125 gallon tank and some koi.
>>
>>2171088
Don't get otos, they're cute little buggers but unless you have algae in your tank and plan on continously growing it, don't get them. Get shrimp, loaches, or Cory's instead or all 3.
>>
File: 1466684181617.png (58KB, 236x218px) Image search: [Google]
1466684181617.png
58KB, 236x218px
>>2171144
>125 gallon tank
>koi
>>
>>2171088
get like 6 kuhli's
>>
>>2171147
When you say "continuously growing algae" do you mean don't do anything to combat it and let them do all the work?

Just looking for something to keep the substrate clean and/or algae controlled.
>>
>>2171016
>buys a feeder goldfish
>puts it in bowl
>claims to care about fish
Yeah, what the fuck ever.
>>
>>2171157
Nerite snails are better as far as purely pragmatic additions. Otos have a reputation for starving or just dying for no reason.
>>
>>2170353
I was just baiting lad, sorry.

Seriously though, why do gold fish need so much space? When I was a kid my dad kept a goldfish in a 10 gallon and it seemed fine.
>>
>>2171236
how long did that goldfish live? because they can live to be 20 or even 30 if you take excellent care of it and genetic RTD is on your side

Goldfish are ammonia machines so if it's in a small tank, its essentially living in an unflushed/rarely toilet all its life. Just imagine, even if you flush their 'toilet' once a day, it's still in it for most of the day. Most people only partially change that water once a week. Once a month even

it's no way for any creature to live
>>
>>2171248
Oh good point, I think its still alive now so about 11 or 12?

It was tiny and still is so I always thought it had plenty of space.
>>
>>2171172
better than nothing rich guy
>>
>>2171260
a cup is also better than nothing, that's no excuse
>>
>>2171262
yes it is
>>
>>2171264
it's a redneck excuse
>>
>>2171265
redneck can love fish
>>
>>2171266
rednecks also put their goldfish in bowls

you can love something while still treating it like shit
>>
>>2171267
but a 30l bowl for a feeder fish is nicer than dying in a dirty pet shop tank
>>
>>2171268
>nicer

instead of dying quicker, you've extended its life long enough to suffer through living in a bowl. You've also funded the future purchase of feeder fish that will suffer in your fishes place

the nice thing to do would be to flush it. At least then it has a chance of ending up in a lake or something. If you arent going to put in the effort, why even get a fish? Get a toy. Makes for a longer lasting decoration
>>
>>2171270
Its not suffering, its getting good food, being treated for its wounds and getting clean water everyday. Its a tiny fish and its not going to grow much bigger. Its not the best but its better.
>>
>>2171271
nice bait
>>
>>2171271
>Its not suffering
it IS suffering, unless you think its perfectly fine to live and breathe your own piss
>>
>>2171273
stop being a little bitch about a fish
>>
>>2171273
nice bait
>>2171274
pretty much do, if its got a filter and water changes everyday it ill be fine
>>
>>2171276
>pretty much do

if you think its okay for your pet to live in its own filth for any amount of time in a tiny container because you clean it once a day, you shouldnt own an animal at all
>>
>>2171278
>if you think its okay for your pet to live in its own filth for any amount of time in a tiny container because you clean it once a day, you shouldnt own an animal at all

its not in its own filth, how much shit do you think goldfish do? A tiny bit in 30l of water
>>
>>2171279
>how much shit do you think goldfish do

im actually curious of what YOU think the answer to this is. What is a 'tiny bit'?
>>
>>2171281
3x the amount of tropical fish, even then
still only a little streak of shit in a tank
>>
File: 1462688158353.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1462688158353.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>2171283
>>
>>2171268
it's nicer to get eaten by something than dying in a shit bowl or shit tank
>>
>>2171289
Oh well, it happens everywhere.
Kids always keep goldfish in small tanks.
>>
>>2171290
>its okay if I act like a child
>>
>>2171296
I never said that did I you fucking retard.
I'm saying stop shitting up the thread arguing about a goldfish.
>>
Made a new thread, lads

>>2171308
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.