[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for idiot cat advice, starting to get a little worried,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Zaphod Beeblebrox.jpg (531KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zaphod Beeblebrox.jpg
531KB, 1080x720px
Looking for idiot cat advice, starting to get a little worried, I'm sure y'all get posts like this a LOT.

>Moved into first apartment w/ friend 1.5 weeks ago.
>Settled, then did hours of reading about moving cats to a new home
>"They'll hide" "They'll be spooked" etc etc so I prepped
>He's a fantastic, oddball 3 year old cat - no health issues prior, social, friendly, the kind of cat that's never actually bitten anyone
>Move him in from parents' place three days ago, he instantly runs around and flops around and seems comfy, no hiding, no 48-hour timidness, I'm flabbergasted
>Litter box is in my bedroom closet due to space constraints, it's deep and got lotsa room.
>First day with cat in the house, drop him in litter box every 20 minutes or so until he gets it
>He's completely taken to his litter it seems, i mean day three and he's still using it, which i clean every morning.

But despite everything being great and him being affectionate and behaving great, he's peed on the middle of my bed two days in a row now, right after i'm up and out of my room making breakfast.
This is the same bed that he settles down on at night, and lazes around on when I'm at the computer, so wtf cat
I know there're lots of resources on solving cats using furniture instead of litter, but this is ADDITIONAL to the litter which he's otherwise using normally, so I have no idea.

Either hoping for some solutions or even better, if anyone has ideas about what's causing this.
If it's just initial house stress I'd like to help him get comfy but also stop the fucker from peeing on my stuff because laundry is $$$ and stress
If he's showing signs of something worse, there are like 3 vets in walking distance so I'm down to go that route.

Is it okay to post this here? Probably should've gone to /adv/ maybe
SORRY FOR ESSAY? HERE'S A NICE PIC OF HIM
>>
Cute cat.

Does he have any problems in the litter box? Straining? Painful meows? Going into the litter box and scratching around without actually using it?

How often does he pee?
>>
It isn't natural for a cat to expel on a place they sleep. You should take him to the vet and have him examined before assuming this is behavioral. It should be a top priority to rule out medical reasons for Improper box behavior as soon as possible.

It is very, very possible the stress of the relocation exasperated a condition he had, and now he is in distress. Call your vet.
>>
>>2167482
Nope to the noises, although it's possible he's scratched a bit at the empty box.
He goes a couple times a day i think?
>>
>>2167483
Thank you! That's enough of a push for me to stop hovering around the vet phone number and just call
>>
>>2167480
is he maybe trying to mark his territory? I know it sounds dumb but my cat used to pee on my bed a lot, even though she sleeps there.
She was fixed and everything, turns out she was just overprotective of me and my bed and hated my other cat, who slept in my sister's room.
>>
>>2167483
Especially soft things; the idea is a UTI or bladder stones hurt, so they try to go in a place that feels very soft and comfy.
>>
>>2167480
Inject him with about 50 mg/lb of Telazol and he'll stop peeing on the bed.
>>
>>2167480
Looks like another victim of "Oh fuck something changed now you have a cat that refuses to stop pissing on everything for the literal rest of its life" syndrome. Eventually you'll get rid of the cat now. Mark my words. I have never seen this go any other way.
>>
>>2167620
If I'm going away and my cat sees me packing, she will act crazy affectionate, will jump in and piss right in my suitcase in front of me. She's done it twice before I caught onto her shit.

But yeah also could be medical. UTIs are very, very common in male cats especially if they eat dry food.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.