[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are a human being, statistically the most dangerous and terrifying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: XMwQi3g.jpg (620KB, 917x523px) Image search: [Google]
XMwQi3g.jpg
620KB, 917x523px
You are a human being, statistically the most dangerous and terrifying animal to ever exist

justify why you're scared of spiders
>>
File: spidey.webm.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spidey.webm.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>2166609
not, afraid. just respect them here. would also like to know. why people are still so irrationally fearful of spiders?
>>
Fear is a vital part of survival though, which is partially why we've come this far.
>>
>>2166613
ants can be just as dangerous if not more. why not be afraid of them? why spiders? not very many spiders are all to deadly. even the deadly ones are not too bad if you aren't 100's of miles away from a hospital. people have worse reactions to bee stings at times.
>>
8 legs
>>
File: Ms. T (9).jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Ms. T (9).jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>2166617
but they are so fuzzy and cuddly. whats wrong with them?
>>
>>2166618
>but they are so fuzzy and cuddly
so are bears
>>
>>2166615
There are no deadly spiders if you're a healthy adult.
>>
>>2166623
but bears pose an actual threat. they are twice my size. where a spider is much more docile in nature and is much more manageable even if it becomes aggressive. that's like comparing a domesticated cat to a cat that's the size of a large dog or bigger. they would eat us end of story. that's why they aren't widely used as pets.
>>
File: 20160712_201509.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_201509.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>2166626
that is kind of correct. you can be healthy and just be allergic to the venom.

pic is my chaco
>>
>>2166631
You can be severely allergic to just about anything.
>>
When you put it that way I don't really know why.
I usually just stomp the small ones and drown the larger ones in rubbing alcohol.
Love seeing the fuckers writhe in pain.
>>
>>2166631
if you're allergic you're not healthy.

if you have a hereditary form of cancer your genes are unhealthy whether it has developed yet or not.
>>
>>2166609
They're gross
>>
>>2166623
but bears go around fucking shit up and eating whatever
spiders make webs and kill pesky insects and are pretty cool guys
>>
>>2166612
it is not irrational to fear spiders.
>>
>>2166609
>justify why you're scared of spiders
Because creepy crawly things. I'm also afraid of fish for some fucking reason.
>>
File: 1453835790001.png (111KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1453835790001.png
111KB, 453x599px
>Rationally explain something irrational based in emotion
>>
>>2166609
If i remember correctly from a psych course I took, Humans are hardwired to fear things different than themselves. 8 legs 8 eyes Hairy, glossy, web shooting things that are sometimes venomous.

Basically. Spiders look weird and that's creepy as hell.
>>
>>2166629
8 legs
>>
>>2166617
7 vagonyas
>>
File: image.jpg (1019KB, 2448x1914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1019KB, 2448x1914px
But I'm not
>>
>>2166609
Because I live in fucking mexico and these 2 fuckers are common sight where I live at. So yeah, you can't blame me for smashing these fuckers.
>>
>>2167558
If I lived in Mexico I'd be more worried about being beheaded than bitten by a tiny ass animal that avoids people.
>>
>>2166609
Because if you get bit by the wrong one it hurts like hell and you have to go to the hospital.
>>
My fear is based on their erratic movements. Bears, dogs, cats, 4 legs, very easy to predict their movement.

Spiders just go batshit, the worst I ever had was a big hairy house spider land on my thigh from out of nowhere while I was eating lunch .
Thankfully I was alone and jumped out of my chair, and stomped as hard as I could to dislodge him.
Cunt started swinging from a Web, and slowly began inching back up.
In a display of truly elite athleticism, I managed to catch him with my other boot, and send him to the ground.
It was stunned on the ground, and my motorcycle boot hit it like the asteroid that wiped out the dinos.

The long legged skinny ones are bro tier because they don't fuck with me, and just die of old age in the corner.

The big hairy ones are fast as fuck, and seem to have a fetish for crawling on me
>>
File: Baby_jumping_spider.jpg (158KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_jumping_spider.jpg
158KB, 1600x1067px
jumping spiders are cutest
>>
>>2166609
it's instinct
>>
I'm not scared of spiders but I'm aware that even if their venom won't kill you, black widows cause about the most pain I can fucking imagine.
>>
>>2168593
this is why I hate centipedes too.

but OP's statement is how I get over my phobia before I go murdering them in terrified anger
>>
>>2167575
>beheaded in Mexico
This is somewhat of a meme. That's what cartels do to other cartel members or people that they seriously do not want. So as long you don't get involved with the cartels you're very unlikely to be beheaded or even murdered for that matter.
>>
>>2167219
Yes it is.
>>
>neurosis
>peoples who live in countries with extremely venomous spiders
>peoples who r dumdum
>>
>>2169429
Everyone claims to live in countries with extremely venomous spiders because they're retarded.
>>
>>2169433
there aren't any places where you can die from a spider that have access to the internet.
>>
>>2168800
>That's what cartels do to other cartel members or people that they seriously do not want

You mean, university students, journalists, civilians...?

It's not hard to be something the cartels 'don't want'.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33671636

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Iguala_mass_kidnapping
>>
File: noharmnofoul.gif (1MB, 184x191px) Image search: [Google]
noharmnofoul.gif
1MB, 184x191px
>>2166609
>You are a human being, statistically the most dangerous and terrifying animal to ever exist
>justify why you're scared of spiders

Actually, this may not need justification. We're dangerous and terrifying precisely for the reason that we destroy other living things, including ourselves, merely because we don't like them. You need only read today's news for the latest examples.

Where do *you* personally draw the line? At what level of organism (invertebrate, plant, sub-human mammal, etc) do you make the arbitrary rule that you can kill something simply because you *thought* it was threatening you, or was annoying to be around? Or do you feel that, as self-appointed supreme animal on the planet, that this somehow is your right and privilege.
>>
>>2166609
I'm not
>>
>>2166609
A long, long time time ago, our distant ancestors likely had a better chance of living long enough to generate offspring if they had a predisposition to avoid spiders, many of which could either kill them or render them sick enough to possibly be unable to forage, hunt or evade predators.
This predisposition thus became widely represented in the gene pool, and is still widely represented within the human gene pool even though it no longer is as useful as it once was thanks to civilization and technology.
>>
>>2166609
gee i dunno maybe because the venomous ones are 1/1000th the size of the average person and can still fuck you up. have you seen the pictures of brown recluse or black widow bites?
>>
Because of indoctrination via childhood with everyone and their mother freaking out over a small spider and that reaction of someone whom you feel safe and protected with instills in you some scarring fears.

Perpetually reinforcing ideas and fears from childhood with horror movies and flamboyant reactions by loved ones eventually trains your psyche to see these creatures as a trigger for your fears.

Grow up in a family with pet spiders and them showing them to you all the time and familiarizing yourself at a young age that they aren't scary animals, and the entire mentality changes for you by adult life.

A child's psyche is very fragile and very absorbent.
>>
>>2166609
There is a statistical chance of spider being deadly to human being.
>>
>>2170688
>At what level of organism do you make the arbitrary rule that you can kill something
When it's no longer cute.
>>
SOME SPIDER ARE DANGEROUS!!1!!
so learn which ones are, don't be lazy its not hard to look up which ones you should be careful around. No the old not even proven "its natural to be scared" isnt an excuse, know what else is natural? to name a few violence, murder, rape, shitting outside on the ground, infant death. You can do better than that pussies.
>>
I just think their soft bodies not covered in chitinous shells are gross.
>>
>>2171057
>so learn which ones are
Aint nobody got time for that, it's better to assume all are dangerous.
>>
I am not afraid of them, I live In Ireland so there are no weird ones.
They just are freaky, nothing to be terrified of but they are disturbing because they are so alien and a common sight.

I don't mind the small spider bros but during the summer giant house spiders come in looking for female giant house spiders to fuck.
Now those big bastards are unerving, they are mostly in my bedroom it seems and I don't like the idea of them crawling on me when I am asleep.
I catch them and then release them far away when I am walking my dogs.
>>
>>2171059
None are dangerous if you don't live in a third world shithole.
>>
File: 0616161550.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0616161550.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Can anyone identify this baby tarantula I found while hiking in Ecuador? I found it in the ranforest about 2 hours outside Quito. Thanks!
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.