[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /an/ for the past two years I've been wanting to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So, /an/ for the past two years I've been wanting to get a dog. Knowing that's it's a huge responsibility I've read up on pros and cons of raising and having one and through all that I still very much want to have one. I have a house, stable income and enough free time to spend with a dog. So I've come here to see if any of you can talk me out of it.

Maybe there's something I overlooked or didn't read up on and i need to make sure I'm thinking this through clearly. Shoo please,/an/ Red pill me on owning a dog

Pic related my dream dogs
>>
Sounds like you've got the requirements covered. The intangible is that dogs, mostly especially young dogs, are highly social and will depend on you to fill that aspect of their lives. Which can be annoying. Dobermans are sometimes called velcro dogs for a reason. They want to be with you always. They get pissy if you don't give them attention. This is minimized by ample exercise and good training.

Dog ownership turns sour if dog's needs turn out to be more than anticipated and overwhelm.
>>
>>2165064
They don't live near long enough.
>>
>>2165064
My grandfather was a hunter and he swore by mutts because they didn't get ill as easily.

Some purebreds are unhealthy, and some breeds of dogs are literally dying inside.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_0eC832FU
>>
>>2165064
I had a dog burdened upon me rather than deciding myself to get one, so maybe im biased, but

Potential cons:
>no sleeping in - have to get up at 7 or whenever to feed and walk it
>after work, cant go out for drinks or whatever, because have to go home and feed/walk
>when going on a trip, have to figure out what to do i.e. boarding, house sitter, etc
>when at work, theyre just sitting there alone and bored. makes me feel pretty shitty sometimes
>they dont stay a puppy. not really a con, but keep in mind they aren't always going to be that cuddly face that was so easy to fall in love with.
>mine just farted on me, so theres that too
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.