[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>beginner fish owner >getting ready to sleep, turn off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: clean11.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
clean11.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>beginner fish owner
>getting ready to sleep, turn off room and aquarium lights
>goodnight my beloved babies
>wake up to 6 fish laying on the aquarium ground (6 fish = all my fish)
>sadness fills me, wondering what I did wrong to kill my fish, I thought I had everything perfect
>turn on aquarium lights to check whats wrong
>all fish get up and start to actively swim around for the day
this has happened for almost 2 months and 80% of the time I wake up to all my fish on the ground,I knew fish slept but I didnt know it was like this, and this often, is this the same for all fishies/aquariums?
>>
Besides this they are active all day, and eat very well. Two fish show similar behavior through out the day though, not often but sometimes, they go rest under a rock and stay there for a while, their tummy on the floor, if I walk by they just slowly swim out and chill with the other fish
>>
>>2163403
What kind of fish? Were they laying on their sides or just resting on the bottom upright?
>>
>>2163410
different molly and platy fish, they lay on their tummy upright, but VERY slightly turned to their sides sometimes because of water movement from filter,(its not a strong current but you can sometimes tell they move very little to the side)
>>
>>2163418
honestly thinking about it its probably not the filter flow, they might just have extremely slight swaying/tilt of the body sometimes. but they are mostly upright and solid
>>
>>2163421
I'll notice my fish kind of list lifelessly and off-kilter through the water while the light is off. Honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about.
>>
>>2163418
Mollies and Platy's will 'sleep' this when they're babies, how big are yours?
>>
>>2163436
little over an inch up to little less than 2 inches
>>
>>2163437
they, they're still little. They'll probably grow out of it eventually.
>>
>>2163438
possibly, thanks for the info buddy I had not heard of this explanation yet. I just find it interesting how when its during the day, a fish may be in the same position under a rock, and other fish swim by very closely and they dont move, but as soon as i get off my bed and walk towards the door they see me and slowly come out
>>
>>2163439
>>2163439
Is it because I feed them? they react to me but not other fish, also, can they see when theyre "asleep" or if they move due to me moving outside the aquarium it means they werent truly "sleeping" just "resting"??
I know my questions are a bit odd but I just want to hear yall experiences or opinions
>>
>>2163442
>>2163439
Fish are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. You can train certain species to do tricks. Like swim through hoops or tug on a little ball attached to a string that rings a bell.

Goldfish are the number one fish that comes to mind in regards to that, I will never understand why people believe they have a memory span of three seconds.

So yes, they definitely recognize you and know you are a source of food.

As for fish sleeping habits, sorry anon, I don't know too much about that.
>>
>>2163418
my molly and platy are mature and still do this. It's just a thing they do. Bettas do it too
>>
>>2163520
My mollies have always done this when they're little but almost always grow out of it eventually. Maybe it's just a habit some of them hang onto, like thumbsucking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.