[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /an/. Sad subject I would like to request your thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20160701_215619.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160701_215619.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hello /an/. Sad subject I would like to request your thoughts on tonight. My 5 year old castrated male cat I adopted from my family's farm may get a urinary blockage again. I've saved him twice now. Spent a ton of money, a couple thousand... ~4200 actually. I said to myself I won't do it again. I've mixed water in with his food and give him molasses every now and then.

Tldr: how do I kill my cat quickly when the time comes? Other than euthanasia at the vet. I own plenty of firearms and my family keeps some pnuneccesary darts for our cattle that my family use where I live.

I just hate thinking about it right now but I was told that there is a very good likelihood that it would happen again and I can't keep going every 10 months spending the kind of money that I do for my pet.

So other than euthanizing him at the vet what can I do?
>>
>>2159463
Strangle him while looking into his eyes until they go empty.
Thank me later.
>>
Stop feeding him kibble. That'll way reduce his chances of getting a blockage. Switch to a canned only diet.
>>
File: 2016-07-01 22.34.24.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-01 22.34.24.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2159470
Ok. I had to do the same thing with pigs that we raised years ago. Not the eye thing though.

>>2159472
I understand this. Which is why I give him a mixed wet and dry diet. With molasses. mix the dry diet literally soaking in water so it is of even higher concentration of water then wet food..

It hates me for it.
>>
>>2159481
Ok I am also going to say that foods first ingredient is salmon and previous 5 months ago the first was chicken. Not chicken by products or corn or something. It's costco premium brand.
>>
Good night you all. I think when the time comes I will probably shoot him :( I may shoot my cat. There is no easy way I guess. Airwolf it.

Not for me but for my cat... please send well wishes that his urinary tract doesn't get clogged please?
>>
>>2159463
Hey bro

I had a few pet rats as a kid

and the thing about pet rats is they are notorious for getting tumors

huge fucking tumors. eventually they cant move and the humane thing to do is put them down.

we asked the vet and he said the most humane thing we could do was put them in a box and then put them in a freezer.

apparently the cold kills them like anything else, and before they die their heart slows, body slows, and they calmly drift off in to a sleep.

sorry to hear about your cat

spend time with kitty while you can

all life is precious.
>>
>>2159534
can a human walk into a freezer and take a nap, and then have all of the symptoms you described?

i think it sounds like a nice way to go
>>
>>2159537
Freezing to death is incredibly slow and horribly painful. It's only the last few minutes where you feel all the pain disappear due to your nerves being entirely dead, and you drift off.
>>
>>2159534
Wouldn't that hurt though?
Frostbite?
>>
What are you feeding him?

He should be eating wet food only.
>>
I see that you keep the food and water together. Does he drink a lot of water on his own? Most cats instinctually won't drink water where they eat because in the wild that means that the water is tainted.

If he doesn't drink a lot you should try putting a water bowl somewhere away from his food. That's what I do and my cat drinks about a bowl a day. The vet says he is really healthy
>>
>>2159540
>>2159541
It's slow and uncomfortable but many say that it's not that painful. Frostbite I believe doesn't occur until you're very numb. It's painful once you get out of the cold again. But that's just my experience from spending time in -30 degree celsius without being suicidal.

I wouldn't do that on an animal though and would prefer something that is instant and causes no discomfort.
>>
>>2159616
>spending time in -30 degree Celsius

For what purpose?
>>
>>2159463
>Spends a few grand on cat
>Won't spend $35 to peacefully end it's suffering
>>
GO TO THE FUCKING VET YOU NUMPTY
i'm not sure why you don't want to do this, but consider this: whatever method you choose, there is a chance you'll fuck it up. actually, quite a good chance. basically, what >>2159759 said.
>>
>get cat
>ignore that fact that it is your obligation to care for him
>nah i dont want to spend the money to treat him ;)
>nah I dont want to spend the money to get him properly euthanised :)
fuck off
>>
>>2159759
>>2161337
>>2161337
>>2161465
this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.