[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend's cat is fucking obsessed with biting and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20160628_234411.jpg (4MB, 1874x3073px) Image search: [Google]
20160628_234411.jpg
4MB, 1874x3073px
My girlfriend's cat is fucking obsessed with biting and chasing after hands and toes specifically. I don't know why or what triggered it, but she's quickly bored by toys and is like addicted to chasing, clawing and gnawing on hands and toes. If she sees your hand or foot move or wiggle, she'll chase it. Her whole family and I have been trying to stop her by ignoring her and stopping playing with her when she does it, but it's only gotten worse. It's like her favorite thing to do.

She's about what months old, we (my girlfriend and I) found her abandoned out on a road in the country. We found her when she was app. a month old, and she's healthy, active, and eats well. I think one issue is that she was taken away from her siblings too early and never learned how to play nice.

She doesn't bite or scratch too hard, but it's still enough to leave marks and yank on the skin a bit. She's a sweet cat otherwise, and likes to sleep on your lap and be petted, but will only put up with it for so long before she wants to chase your hand.

They are considering getting her de-clawed because of this, which obviously is something I advised against. How in the fuck can we get her to stop.

Pic related is her gnawing my hand like the little satan she is
>>
As soon as she starts getting too rough, blow in her face. Just a sharp puff of air will make her pause. Pull away so that she also understands that 'play time' ends as soon as she starts biting/scratching.
>>
Also invest in some toys and actually play with her. Play for her is really just practice for hunting and she needs an outlet for the energy and instincts. There are a variety of toys you can look through to find something she'll enjoy. Set aside some time during the day for 'playtime' and play with her.
>>
>>2157130
squirt bottle.

They learn quick.

Also, make a clear negative sound. AAAH AHH! or something so they associate soft negative things with attacking skin
>>
Absolutely no declawing. Get a stuffed toy to wrestle with that's roughly her size and toss it at her when she gets rowdy. Crinkle toys are also very good.
>>
Punch the cat right in the face. People who don't do this to correct a cat's behavior are actually hurting the cat.
>>
I would bet money you dont play enough in a safe manner. Its called cat toys. When the cat gets aggressive get something on a string and have the cat chase it around until it tires out. Repeat. Its their prey drive. They need a safe outlet for it, or they take it out on you
>>
>>2157130
Sounds and looks like a young cat. If I was in your situation I would just buckle down and deal with it, but if you need a solution use a spray bottle with a low output or something.
>>
>>2157451
this.
your cat need more attention from you or better a little brother/sister. maybe it feels alone. humans never can replace other animals and most cats need another cat to play with, also it is a few months old. this i totally normal!
>>
Kittens are usually nippy. Just don't encourage playing with your hands and she'll grow out of it,

I don't remember being able to pet my cat at all until he was nearly 2 unless he was sleepy. One day he just grew out of it and now he enjoys his pets,
>>
>>2157130
My kitten used to do it. He grew out of it in a few months.
>>
>>2157409
Tbqh, I tried this and now the cat is really friendly, docile, and loving.
Took a few weeks for it to warm up to me again though.
>>
Thanks for all the tips, guys. I've been playing with her more and have advised the family to do so as well. We've just been blowing air on her face every time she bites hands, and then immediately trying to get her to play with something else right after. She's having a lot of fun chasing string and old scarves around
>>
Eat the cat
>>
>>2157130
Next time it bites just hit it in the face real fucking hard. Works well.
>>
No need to -punch- the cat, BUT... Mama cats are very physical with misbehaving kittens, they don't tolerate it too long before giving them a light slap.
Keep in mind you're not a cat and a human-strength slap could hurt it's neck/spine or even kill it. Just a light tap and a loud hiss (or firm NO!) works.
Try to mimic mama cat behavior, look on youtube if unsure. I have 10 cats I raised from stray kittens and they all immediately stop what they're doing if I hiss/psst loud, works wonders.
>inb4 hoarder, I live in a very big house
>>
>>2161500

t. Chang Wang.
>>
>>2157277

This desu
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.